Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2019, 09:41   #976
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
1:400 Air France Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde 101 Registration "F-BVFB"

The Actual Aircraft. It was delivered to Air France in 1976 and withdrawn from use in 2003.
Almost as long as a 747-400 but with much smaller wingspan and fuselage width.
Congratulations. Always the most beautiful shape in the sky. In second place, in my opinion, would be a tie between the 747-8 and the Super Constellation. Nice detailing. The model includes the rear tail wheel which was lowered at landings to avoid tail strikes due to the very high angle of attack while landing. Typicaly landing speeds were ~300 kmph and take off was at 400 kmph!
Old 14th September 2019, 13:52   #977
BHPian

Here are some of my 72nd scale models ; all hand built from model kits . Most of them are weathered to represent in service machines . I believe my collection of over 80 built models is among the largest , if not the largest , in India.

Mk.5 Stuart tank of Indian Army as used during '48 Kashmir war. The tank is the size of a matchbox.

Bf-109 G-6

P-51D Mustang

P-47 Thunderbolt
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_0242.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-unnamed-1.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-unnamed-3.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-unnamed.jpg  

Old 14th September 2019, 14:00   #978
BHPian

Few more of my models and a pic of my primary display cabinet hosting most of the collection ...

F4u Corsair

Albatros D.III

Breda Ba.88 - this airplane was so useless that the real thing was used as Airfield decoys.

Spitfire Mk. XVI - this airplane took part in the Reno Air race.

Piasecki H-21 - the flying banana , French marine marking.
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-21151620_1746329472092412_6796335617396834723_n.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-15723485_1356124094446287_2251767411285466864_o.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-36774253_2080920418633314_1878430468328652800_o.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-43210584_2214690258589662_5237147674653753344_o.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-27500451_1905029809555710_2831647704702808008_o.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-67325113_2673150332743650_5738431604330594304_n.jpg  

Old 14th September 2019, 22:03   #979
BHPian

Scale Models - Aircrafts & Ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Few more of my models and a pic of my primary display cabinet hosting most of the collection ...

F4u Corsair

Albatros D.III

Breda Ba.88 - this airplane was so useless that the real thing was used as Airfield decoys.

Welcome to the thread! Thats a jaw dropping collection you have there

Narayan, SKanchan and I are the three most active posters on this thread and it would be great if you could join us. We collect already built models but I used to build aircraft models in my childhood from kits (some of which I have posted on this thread). However I see the quality and finishing of your models is at a whole different level.

Please post more pictures of your collections, especially that Mig-29.
Old 14th September 2019, 23:02   #980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Few more of my models and a pic of my primary display cabinet hosting most of the collection .
First a very warm welcome to this thread and to Team BHP's secret corner of aircraft lovers.
As you have hand assembled and painted each of these models your collection could well be the largest of its kind in India. I must compliment you on the quality of your painting. It is very realistic and displays artistic merit. I love your WW-I Albatross. Beautifully painted as are the others. We would love it if you could display multiple photos of your other models for us to admire and oogle over.

As a child I had some competence as an assembler and absolutely none as a painter. But all those models have now gone up to the great sky above.

Tell us more of that detailed tank. Did you paint it to look battle worn! Did the background come ready made? Often thought about tanks and then stayed with aircraft.

Welcome Basu. Great to have a scale model hobbyist of your calibre.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 14th September 2019 at 23:15.
Old 16th September 2019, 11:55   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a great model

Is the 1:200 hogan diecast or plastic? Strange they left out the serial number otherwise seems to be well detailed.
Thank you. The Hogan one is plastic. The serial number is missing because the HG IAF C-17 model came out quote a long time ago, even before deliveries to IAF began. So, the HG ones did not got a serial number, just generic IAF markings based on a very old IAF C-17 pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Great catch for your fleet Sandesh. Even though it is 1:400 it is very decently sized and being a Gemini well made and detailed. Congratulations.

I get the feeling that the 1:400 of several models are actually less than half the length of the 1:200s of the same aircraft. What do you folks have to say.
Thank you. I felt the repute brands make models true to scale. I had measured the HG 1:200 PIA A320 and my 1:150 Air Asia India A320. They were true to scale. Its the cheap non-branded Chinese ones that do not follow a scale. They follow a funny way of measurement - A 16cm B737 would measure the same as 16 cm B777!!!!

But 1/200 models being larger have more details. The smaller 1/400 scale have severe restrictions in the amount of details that can be modelled. For e.g in the 1/200 C-17, you can antennas and bumps modelled on top of the aircraft. The same have been painted in the 1/400 one.

Quote:
1:400 Air France Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde 101 Registration "F-BVFB"
Fantastic!!!! Sacotec brand from Aliexpress I suppose? No duty charged, is it? I have been told that the customs fellows are getting overtly strict with parcels coming in from China.

Quote:

F4u Corsair

Albatros D.III

Wow!!!! Welcome to the thread. Its good to see someone as talented as you posting here. I have the greatest respect for scale modellers like you because you put great amount of effort in your hobby and the attention to detail in your models is jaw dropping!!!

Please do more pics of your models. Would love to see closeups of your Indian models, especially the Sea Harrier & the Gnat/Ajeet
Old 22nd September 2019, 19:26   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Fantastic!!!! Sacotec brand from Aliexpress I suppose? No duty charged, is it? I have been told that the customs fellows are getting overtly strict with parcels coming in from China.
Yes it's available on both AliExpress and eBay from various sellers at a princely sum of $ 11-12 including shipping No customs duty charged. I have another 1/400 on the way from China.

For some strange reason this Concorde model was shown shipped from Sweden, which I think is an error most likely.
Old 24th September 2019, 21:44   #983
Distinguished - BHPian

Armstrong Whitworth Argosy :: RAF medium lift aircraft :: 1:200 Altaya?

Length just under 6 inches; Wingspan ~7 inches. Made of a hard plastic type of material. Very average in quality, finish and detail. Only reason I picked it up is as this is not a popular model for the big scale model manufacturers.

The Argosy was an average aircraft in most respects – performance, numbers built and design. It first flew in 1959 and was part of the clutch of aircraft that represented the swan song of the once formidable British aircraft industry. A small home market and the flood of relatively young prop liners getting converted to cargo carriers in the late 1950s and early to mid 1960s at very low costs meant the Argosy stood no chance.

Powered by 4 RR Dart turbo props each delivering ~2400 ehp* set a limit to MTOW and hence payload and range. This combined with the by then out of fashion design of twin booms for a military transporter placed a limit on the volume of the internal cargo bay. Nevertheless it served with the RAF from 1962 to 1978 – a rather short career and as a civil freighter from 1961 to 1991.

In one way it was typical of British designs of the era – Trident, BAe 1-11, VC-10, Shorts Belfast – in that it was woefully underpowered. Which was okay in Europe’s cold climate but a disaster in the tropics. As a comparison it had a power to weight ratio of 0.218:1.00. In comparison the Antonov An-12 designed at the same time had a ratio of 0.262:1.00 ie 20% higher.

Empty Weight: 25 tonnes
Payload: 13 tonnes
MTOW: 44 tonnes
Power: Four RR Dart turboprops of ~2400 ehp* each
Speed: 400 kmph cruise
Range: 3200 kms with a 4.5 tonne payload

*Effective horse power
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aw-argosy-.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aw-argosy-b.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aw-argosy-c.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aw-argosy-d.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aw-argosy-d2.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aw-argosy-e.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aw_argosy-f.jpg  

Old 25th September 2019, 12:36   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Armstrong Whitworth Argosy :: RAF medium lift aircraft :: 1:200 Altaya?
This is another very unique model added in your collection. Congratulations

I must admit this is the first time that I saw or read anything about this very different looking aircraft. I am so glad and thankful that such this thread by you exists where one gets to know about aircraft which one did not know about previously. I bet if someone shows you an album of 50s-60s vintage aircraft, you will be able to identify most of them even in the middle of the night
Old 25th September 2019, 20:04   #985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
This is another very unique model added in your collection. Congratulations
Thank you Sandesh. This one was to help build a complete collection rather than for its quality or finish (both of which are wanting). In c.1970 I saw two RAF Argosy aircraft staging through Mumbai (refueling) on their way from Singapore to the UK. This may have been a part of the British policy of 1967 to phase out their presence East of Suez. In those days the visitors gallery was an open air terrace and jokers like me could hang around all day without any one saying boo.
Quote:
I must admit this is the first time that I saw or read anything about this very different looking aircraft. I am so glad and thankful that such this thread by you exists where one gets to know about aircraft which one did not know about previously. I bet if someone shows you an album of 50s-60s vintage aircraft, you will be able to identify most of them even in the middle of the night
I am very pleased to learn that my idiosyncratic purchases open up a little more of the world of aircrafts for readers of this thread There are so many of the older aircraft of the 1950s and 1960s I would love to have but which are either hard to find or get made in awkward scales - Shorts Belfast, Sud Aviation Vatour, Handley Page Victor, Gannet, Su-7, Su-15, Saab J29, VC-10, Belvedere, Ouragan, Empire flying boats , Il-14, Vanguard etc.Oh God I could go on and on.

This afternoon I found myself stuck in Central Delhi between two meetings and an hour to spare. So I trooped off to Ram Chander & Sons which is India's oldest continuously serving toy store and lo behold I found something which was promptly procured. As Foxbat would say I slipped into the dark side. A teaser....
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190925_181011.jpg  

Last edited by V.Narayan : 25th September 2019 at 20:07.
Old 26th September 2019, 09:41   #986
BHPian

Though a silent admirer, this thread has become one of my absolute favorite to browse- combining my love for 2 things- airplanes and scale models.

Since this thread does not have a thank you button, i just wanted to say a big thank you for all you wonderful people for not only sharing the pictures but a lot of valuable information about airplanes of all kinds. So thank you once again!

Happy collecting (and posting)!

Rohan
Old 26th September 2019, 11:07   #987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Though a silent admirer, this thread has become one of my absolute favorite to browse- combining my love for 2 things- airplanes and scale models.

Since this thread does not have a thank you button, i just wanted to say a big thank you for all you wonderful people for not only sharing the pictures but a lot of valuable information about airplanes of all kinds. So thank you once again!

Happy collecting (and posting)!

Rohan
Dear Rohan, you lured me into a bewitching world of scale model cars. maybe one day I could entice you..... Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Thanks to several contributing members, chief among them skanchan95 and Foxbat this thread teaches me a lot too.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:07   #988
Distinguished - BHPian

Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II::1:72 scale diecast:: Air Force 1 Models

Length ~8 inches; Wing Span ~7 inches. Pretty good quality of finish and detailing but not quite in the JC Wings/HobbyMaster grade. This seems to be a Chinese brand - not come across it before

The F-35 is the long term successor of the F-16 and maybe F-18. It evolved from the F-22 Raptor with a more powerful engine, multi-role capability and a lesser stealth ability achieved with a substantial reduction of cost thus making it overall more attractive for foreign Air Forces. It is unique amongst aircrafts in having both CTOL and V/STOL variants. Also it is the most powerful single engine aircraft of any kind ever built and the first supersonic VTOL to go into production.

I'll let the pictures do the talking....
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-lockheed-f35-raptor-.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-lockheed-f35-raptor-b.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-lockheed-f35-raptor-c.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-lockheed-f35-raptor-c2.png  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-lockheed-f35-raptor-d.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-lockheed-f35-raptor-e.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-lockheed-f35-raptor-e2.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-lockheed-f35-raptor-e3-.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-lockheed-f35-raptor-g.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-lockheed-f35-raptor-i.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-lockheed-f35-raptor-j.jpg  

Old 28th September 2019, 12:47   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II::1:72 scale diecast:: Air Force 1 Models
Great looking model Sir. Congratulations and welcome to the dark side

Only the F-35A is armed with an internal cannon while the STOVL F-35B and CATOBAR F-35C lack an internal cannon. They can however be armed with a centerline gunpod , just like USMC and USN F-4B/J/S from the Vietnam era.

AF1 is a lesser known Chinese manufacturer. They make decent looking models in different scales, mostly of Chinese aircraft and tanks. They have a very good looking Su-35 model that I once saw in Aliexpress. There was also a huge 1/48 FC-1/JF-17 in PLAAF livery.

Couple of coming soons from my side:
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-1569655029732.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-1569655044443.jpg

Last edited by skanchan95 : 28th September 2019 at 12:56.
Old 28th September 2019, 17:52   #990
BHPian

Quote:
[b]Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II::1:72 scale diecast:: Air Force 1 Models
Lovely detailing, the bomb bay open? Nice information sir. I request the admins to please add thanks buttons to the posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks