Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2019, 10:16   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships

1. I was one of the fastest transonic fighters ever
2. I had three wing fences on each wing
3. Unusually I also sported 3 cannons instead of the more typical 2 or 4.
I was a rarity in being a main line transonic fighter but with an afterburner that gave me outstanding acceleration and ability to sustain speed in a tight turn

Which aircraft am I?

Ok let me make it really easy

Foxbat will love this one .... One of my user Air Forces shot down more sophisticated supersonic enemy warplanes in large numbers.
Though I originally entered service in 1953 the Pakistan AF kept me (actually my clone) in front line service till 2012
Old 6th October 2019, 10:59   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
1. I was one of the fastest transonic fighters ever
2. I had three wing fences on each wing
3. Unusually I also sported 3 cannons instead of the more typical 2 or 4.
I was a rarity in being a main line transonic fighter but with an afterburner that gave me outstanding acceleration and ability to sustain speed in a tight turn

Which aircraft am I?

Ok let me make it really easy

Foxbat will love this one .... One of my user Air Forces shot down more sophisticated supersonic enemy warplanes in large numbers.
Though I originally entered service in 1953 the Pakistan AF kept me (actually my clone) in front line service till 2012
Easy, Mig-19 'Farmer'
Old 6th October 2019, 21:43   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Easy, Mig-19 'Farmer'
Can't be a MiG-19/F-6. Pakistan retired its F-6s in 2002. They even had an F-6 specially painted in colors to represent Chinese and Pakistani flags, which I painted for a F-6 mod of the flight sim Strike Fighters 2.

I would say Narayan Sir is pointing towards a MiG-17. Pakistan retired its Shenyang JJ-5s( Chinese built twin seat trainer based on a MiG-17) in 2012. And the fact that he is pointing towards supersonic fighters being shot down points towards F-4s and F-105s that fell victim to VPAF MiG-17s.
Old 8th October 2019, 18:12   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
1:72 Hobby Master MiG-23MS Flogger-E "1449" No.39 Sqdn Iraqi Air Force, 1981
Excellent addition to your collection Nice to see you come to the other side sometimes

Quote:
1:72 Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 "Jolly Rogers" USS Nimitz 1986

In its classic Fleet Defender missile loadout : 6 X AIM-54 Phoenix, 2XAIM-9 Sidewinder

The chief antagonists in quite a few air clashes over Libya, Iran/Iraq and to some extent in Lebanon and the first Gulf War. Both were conceived as high speed interceptors, one became highly successful, the other did not.

VF-84 Tomcats dogfighting IJN Zeroes(T-6 Harvards) in the movie Final Countdown
That model is just mind blowing with the attention to detail. In my opinion the best fighter model on this thread I have a similar model in plastic.

I thought the classic fleet Defender missile loadout would have 2 Sparrows, 4 Phoenix and 2 Sidewinders. Somewhere I think I read that 6 unfired Phoenix missiles would make the Tomcat too heavy for a carrier landing.

As for the performance of the Mig-23, like our IAF Mig-21 vs PAF F-16 story, it depends on which source you want to believe. Just a few examples from Iraqi sources:

Iranian Air Force Colonel, Mohammed-Hashem All-e-Agha was shot down by an Iraqi MiG-23ML while flying his F-14A on 11 August 1984

Iranian Air Force Captain Bahram Ghanei was shot down by a MiG-23ML while flying his F-14A on 17 January 1987.

apart from numerous F-4 and F-5 kills. Also Iraqis claim Tornados and F-16s shot down by Mig-23s in the 1st Gulf War which are denied by Western sources (unlike Weapons of Mass Destruction ) or list the cause as SAMs.

A famous case:
Scott Speicher was flying an F/A-18 Hornet fighter when he was shot down by 100 miles west of Baghdad, on the night of January 17, 1991. The US stated that he had been shot down by a SAM despite a pilot on the same mission stating: "I'm telling you right now, don't believe what you're being told. It was that MiG that shot Spike down". However, an unclassified summary of a 2001 CIA report suggests that Speicher's aircraft was shot down by a missile fired from an Iraqi aircraft, most likely a MiG-25, flown by Lieutenant Zuhair Dawood, 84th squadron of the Iraqi Air Force. This is what the Iraqis were claiming for more than a decade.

In the 1982 Bekaa Valley Air Battle versus Israel, the Syrians claim several F-16s and F-15s shot down by Mig-23s but obviously denied by Western Sources.

I think I have seen some parts of that movie but never that scene, thanks for sharing. In the movie the planes seem to be of similar sizes but in actual life the Tomcat is huge in comparison.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20191008_172101.jpg

Quote:
Indian Airlines A320 :: InFlight200 1:200 scale, diecast
Well crafted, finely detailed, high quality painting. Depicts the short lived 'Indian' livery. Much better in detailing than comparable Gemini & even Herpa models.

As my available space for showcasing these models starts to get tight I am inclined to buy only those which are of the highest quality ie avoid Altaya, Amercom, Oxford range of makers. On A320 I'd decided I'll wait till a Indian Airlines on came along and finally after three years it did.
Excellent A320 model, the best on this thread. The detailing is just perfect, wonder why doesn't any manufacture make one in Indigo livery given that they operate more than 200+ and have 300+ on order.

As I have now run out of space I only buy 1:400 models occasionally for my parents living room. I regret buying all those low quality plastic models !

Quote:
Can't be a MiG-19/F-6. Pakistan retired its F-6s in 2002. They even had an F-6 specially painted in colors to represent Chinese and Pakistani flags, which I painted for a F-6 mod of the flight sim Strike Fighters 2.

I would say Narayan Sir is pointing towards a MiG-17. Pakistan retired its Shenyang JJ-5s( Chinese built twin seat trainer based on a MiG-17) in 2012. And the fact that he is pointing towards supersonic fighters being shot down points towards F-4s and F-105s that fell victim to VPAF MiG-17s.
Yes I stand corrected, its the Mig-17 'Fresco'
Old 8th October 2019, 18:25   #1010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Excellent addition to your collection Nice to see you come to the other side sometimes
The direct impact of your company, Foxbat
Quote:
That model is just mind blowing with the attention to detail. In my opinion the best fighter model on this thread I have a similar model in plastic.
+1 to that
Quote:
Iranian Air Force Colonel, Mohammed-Hashem All-e-Agha was shot down by an Iraqi MiG-23ML while flying his F-14A on 11 August 1984

Iranian Air Force Captain Bahram Ghanei was shot down by a MiG-23ML while flying his F-14A on 17 January 1987.

apart from numerous F-4 and F-5 kills. Also Iraqis claim Tornados and F-16s shot down by Mig-23s in the 1st Gulf War which are denied by Western sources (unlike Weapons of Mass Destruction ) or list the cause as SAMs.

Scott Speicher was flying an F/A-18 Hornet fighter when he was shot down by 100 miles west of Baghdad, on the night of January 17, 1991. The US stated that he had been shot down by a SAM despite a pilot on the same mission stating: "I'm telling you right now, don't believe what you're being told. It was that MiG that shot Spike down". However, an unclassified summary of a 2001 CIA report suggests that Speicher's aircraft was shot down by a missile fired from an Iraqi aircraft, most likely a MiG-25, flown by Lieutenant Zuhair Dawood, 84th squadron of the Iraqi Air Force. This is what the Iraqis were claiming for more than a decade.
The Americans are prone to lie. Sadly they believe their own lies. This is not to say they are not great pilots or equipped with top aircraft. The lying happens at higher levels with their public communication. Just the way Pakistani F-16 pilots have to live up to the lie of their own invincibility American military public relations needs to maintain their image of worlds greatest military power (which they are)
Quote:
In the 1982 Bekaa Valley Air Battle versus Israel, the Syrians claim several F-16s and F-15s shot down by Mig-23s but obviously denied by Western Sources.
I might believe the Israelis here but I'll confess I am deeply prejudiced in their favour
Quote:
Excellent A320 model, the best on this thread. The detailing is just perfect, wonder why doesn't any manufacture make one in Indigo livery given that they operate more than 200+ and have 300+ on order.
1. Lack of orders from enthusiasts like us; and 2. Mindset
Quote:
I regret buying all those low quality plastic models !
You can put them into storage temporarily.
Quote:
Yes I stand corrected, its the Mig-17 'Fresco'
In all fairness the MiG-19 was close
Old 8th October 2019, 21:54   #1011
Distinguished - BHPian

MiG-17, Polish Air Force :: Soviet designed transonic day fighter :: 1:72 HobbyMaster
Possess excellent detailing and finish that we have come to expect from HobbyMaster. The pieces such as the landing gears, fuel tanks fit perfectly with a firm press. The stand which looks like the Corgi stands of big models has a hole in the fuselage where it fits snugly thus holding the model in place unlike Corgi.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mig17-opening.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mig17-a2-opening.jpg
Dogfighter: The MiG-17 got over shadowed placed as it was between the path breaking MiG-15 and the first Soviet supersonic the MiG-19. But in reality, in terms of performance, it was up there with the best of the transonics – Hawker Hunter, Saab J32 Lansen, Folland Gnat and Sabre F-86D. Like the Saab 32 and the F-86D the MiG-17 had an afterburning turbojet to aid it on tight turns and rapid climbs. Like the F-86D it did not have the fuel capacity to fire its afterburners for more than literally a few vital seconds but it made the aircraft a more effective fighter in the maneuvers when it counted.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mig17-b-wings.jpg
Wings: With a wing loading of only 55lbs/sq foot in fighter mode and 60 lbs/sq foot in fighter-bomber mode and a power loading of 0.57 this must have been some tight turning , fast climbing fighter in 1952-53 when it came into full squadron service. In comparison the Gnat had a wing loading 59 lbs/sq foot after jettisoning its 500 lbs wing tanks before getting into a dog fight. Lower wing loading means each square foot of wing area has more spare lift carrying capacity in maneuvers.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mig17-c1.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mig17-c2-engines.jpg
Engines: In 1950 jet engine technology was still nascent and the Russians did not have a reliable engine other than the Rolls Royce Nene clone of the MiG-15, the Klimov VK-1. So they added a two switch afterburner to take the thrust from 2700 kgf to 3400 kgf. Two switch means there was no gradation of the afterburner from 2700 kgf to 3400 kgf – either full on or full off. But this power loading of 0.57 in fighter mode gave the MiG-17 a climb rate of 65 metres per second compared to 44 metres/second of the Hunter. The Hunter had a power loading at MTOW of 0.41 and only in clean mode did it get to 0.57. The F-86D which was the MiG-17's direct equivalent had a power loading of 0.38 at MTOW.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mig17-d-weapons.jpg
Weapons: The early MiG-17 carried the unusual combination of one 37mm cannon and two 23mm cannons. I think the 23mm were to get enough weight of metal out per second and the bigger cannon to punch a big hole in the target. In practise these are two different calibers and hence will have separate ballistic trajectories so beyond a close range the shells could be wide apart. Later this was changed to three 23mm cannon. The MiG-17 also carried the first generation AAMs and the usual 250/500 kgs bombs and UV-57mm rockets.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mig17-e-landing-gear.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mig17-f-combat.jpg
Combat Record: From 1965 to 1972, MiG-17s from the VPAF (North Vietnam’s Air Force) would claim 71 aerial victories against U.S. aircraft: 11 Crusaders, 16 F-105 Thunderchiefs, 32 F-4 Phantom IIs, two A-4 Skyhawks, seven A-1 Skyraiders, one C-47 transport aircraft, one Sikorsky CH-3C helicopter and one UAV. The VPAF lost 63 MiG-17s in air combat.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 8th October 2019 at 22:02.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 11:22   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Well crafted, finely detailed, high quality painting. Depicts the short lived 'Indian' livery. Much better in detailing than comparable Gemini & even Herpa models.

The A320 needs no introduction to the well informed audience of this thread. I'll let the pictures do the talking. As my available space for showcasing these models starts to get tight I am inclined to buy only those which are of the highest quality ie avoid Altaya, Amercom, Oxford range of makers. On A320 I'd decided I'll wait till a Indian Airlines on came along and finally after three years it did.
Level of detailing is at another level. Congrats sir.

I feel the price Hobby master charges is excessive for what it offers. Basic things like movable rudder or flaps is absent in many models. Also paint quality looks bit sub par.
Old 9th October 2019, 15:34   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First a big warm congratulations to you Kanchan on bagging two superbly detailed, perfectly painted scale models. HobbyMaster really is the best especially for warplanes.
Thank you Sir.

Quote:

You may know about this 1989 incident of the pilotless MiG-23 over Belgium.
Yes, I knew about that. Also know about a mysterious Libyan MiG-23MS that crashed into the mountains in Italy. Initially it was suspected and conspiracy theories floated that this Libyan MiG-23MS was somehow involved in the mysterious crash of an Italian DC-9. But it was later found that the pilot of the Libyan MiG-23MS became unconscious as his oxygen system failed , it flew on autopilot till it ran out of fuel and crashed into the mountains in Italy. The pilot was already dead by the time that aircraft crashed.

Quote:
Brilliant & Congratulations!!! InFlight really makes great airliner models. i have her sister ship VT-EYH in IC colours from Hogan, but it no where as good as your model.

Quote:
MiG-17, Polish Air Force :: Soviet designed transonic day fighter :: 1:72 HobbyMaster
ANother great addition to your MiG collection. Congratulations. I suppose only the MiG-29 and MiG-19 are missing from your MiG collection.

Quote:
The pieces such as the landing gears, fuel tanks fit perfectly with a firm press. The stand which looks like the Corgi stands of big models has a hole in the fuselage where it fits snugly thus holding the model in place unlike Corgi.
Frankly this was makes HM such an outstanding brand. The fit & finish on their weapon & landing gear attachments is just perfect. Attachments fits in with a reassuring "click" every time, unlike JCW, Witty or other brands. Besides that, HM models are also strongly built. The antennas and probes are pretty strong and don't break easily.

Quote:
Thank you & Wait till you see the next one

Quote:
I have a similar model in plastic.
I know, hence the reference to "Similar model" earlier in the thread. VF-103 inherited the Jolly Rogers legacy.
Quote:
I thought the classic fleet Defender missile loadout would have 2 Sparrows, 4 Phoenix and 2 Sidewinders. Somewhere I think I read that 6 unfired Phoenix missiles would make the Tomcat too heavy for a carrier landing.
Yes, True. Take off with that loadout wasn't a problem, landing on a carrier with the same loadout was. A Tomcat could takeoff with 6 AIM-54s and 2 AIM-9s with the 2 Fuel Tanks (max loadout), it just couldn't land on the carrier with all those missiles. I believe the largest loadout it could land on a carrier was with 2 AIM-9s, 2 AIM-7s, and 4 AIM-54s. On land bases, of course, it wasn't a problem.

Quote:
As for the performance of the Mig-23, like our IAF Mig-21 vs PAF F-16 story, it depends on which source you want to believe.
I was specifically referring to the poor performance of the MS variant of the MiG-23, venthugh they did manage to shoot down some Iranian fighters and helicopters. The Libyans, Iraqis, even the Egyptians were disappointed with the type. The Iraqis did well with their later model MiG-23MFs and MLs. Just that the MS was too poorly equipped to take on western equivalents. And then there was the Soviet tendency to hand down downgraded models to allies.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 9th October 2019 at 15:45.
Old 9th October 2019, 15:38   #1014
BHPian

Quote:

Nice one, where did you find this or pick this up from and cost. I would like to pick this up, I am still looking for JEt Airways, Vistra and GOAir 1/200 scale.
Old 9th October 2019, 16:03   #1015
Senior - BHPian

1:72 Hobby Master Su-35 Flanker E Red 07, Russian Air Force, 2013

The Sukhoi Su-35S Flanker E is a highly modified and improved derivative of the Su-27. In the 1980s modifications were made to the Su-27 (Su-27M) also referred to as Su-35.

About 20 years later a heavily modified member of the Flanker family was produced and given the title of Su-35S Flanker E. Considered by many to be the most capable fourth generation fighter in the sky and equipped with many fifth generation technologies. This probably will be the last of the Flanker family when the fifth generation Russian aircraft arrive.

The Su-35 employs the powerful N035 Irbis-E ("Snow Leopard") passive electronically scanned array (PESA) radar, which is a further development of the N011M radar that had been evaluated on Su-27M test-beds and constitutes the core of the Su-35's weapons-control system. It is capable of detecting an aerial target up to 400 kms away, and can track thirty airborne targets and engage eight of them simultaneously; in addition, the multi-function radar is capable of providing high-resolution images of the ground using synthetic aperture mode. The aircraft is equipped with an OLS-35 optoelectronic targeting system ahead of the cockpit to provide other forms of tracking including infra-red search and track. For defences against enemy tracking, the Su-35 is equipped with the L175M Khibiny-M electronic countermeasure system, while engineers have applied radar-absorbent materials to the engine inlets and front stages of the engine compressor to halve the Su-35's frontal radar cross-section and minimise the detection range of enemy radars.

External Differences between the Su-27 & Su-35
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s35.jpg

Su-35S Flanker-E Red 07, Paris Air Show 2013
Sukhoi Su-35S Flanker E Red 07 performed a stunning routine of aerobatic maneuvers that left the audience at the Paris 2013 air show in June 2013. The new Sukhoi T-50 stealth aircraft also made an appearance but according to all those in attendance the star of the show was the Su-35S. Red 07 performed rolls, tight turns using its thrust vectoring and demonstrated the engines power by performing the Pugachev Cobra. This aircraft also made an appearance at MAKS 2013 air show held just outside Moscow where they hoped to impress potential buyers.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-imgp2150sukhoisu35s07redrussianaf.jpg

The Russian Su-35s are seeing action in Syria and one apparently even tracked a USAF F-22!!!!

Country of origin – Russia
Designer - Sukhoi
Role – Multi-Role Fighter
Crew - 1

Dimensions
Length - 21.9 m (72.9 ft)
Wingspan - 15.3 m (50.2 ft, with Wingtip Pods)
Height - 5.90 m (19.4 ft)

Weights
Empty Weight - 18,400 kg (40,570 lb)
Loaded Weight - 25,300 kg (56,660 lb) With Half Fuel Load
Maximum Takeoff Weight - 34,500 kg (76,060 lb)

Performance
Powerplant
2 × Saturn 117S (AL-41F1S) Afterburning Turbofan with 3D Thrust Vectoring Nozzle
Dry Thrust - 8,800 kgf (86.3 kN, 19,400 lbf) Each
Thrust with Afterburner - 14,500 kgf (142 kN, 31,900 lbf) Each
Fuel capacity - 11,500 kg (25,400 lb) Internally

Speed
Maximum
@ Altitude - Mach 2.25 (2,780 km/h, 1,726 mph)
@ Sea Level - Mach 1.15 (1,400 km/h, 870 mph)
Range
@ Altitude - 3,600 km (1,940 nmi)
@ Sea Level - 1,580 km (850 nmi)
Ferry Range - 4,500 km (2,430 nmi) With 2 External Fuel Tanks
Service Ceiling - 18,000 m (59,100 ft)
Rate of Climb – 280+ m/s (55,000+ ft/min)
Maximum G – 9+ G

Armament
Guns – 1 × 30 mm GSh-301 Internal Cannon With 150 Rounds
Hardpoints – 12
2 x Wingtip Rails
10 x Wing and Fuselage Points
The 12 Points Can Carry - Maximum of 8,000 kg (17,630 lb) Of Ordnance In Varying
Combinations Of
Rockets
S-25L Laser-guided Rocket
S-25 Unguided Rocket
B-8 Unguided S-8 Rocket Pods
B-13 Unguided S-13 Rocket Pods

Missiles
Vympel R-73E/M
Vympel R-74M
Vympel R-27R/ER/T/ET
Vympel R-77
Vympel R-37M
Kh-29T/L
Kh-31P/A
Kh-59ME
Bombs
KAB-500L Laser-guided Bomb
KAB-1500L Laser-guided Bomb
FAB-250 250-kg (550 lb) Unguided Bombs
FAB-500 500-kg (1,100 lb) Unguided Bombs
Other - Buddy Refueling Pod

Avionics
Irbis-E Passive Phased Array Radar
OLS-35 Infra-red Search and Track System
L265 Khibiny-M Electronic Warfare Pod

Quite easily, this is a better looking Flanker compared to the JC Wings IAF Su-30 I have.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_1.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_2.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_3.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_4.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_5.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_6.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_7.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_8.jpg

In Flight
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_9.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_10.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_11.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_12.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_13.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_14.jpg

Not exactly the right book for the model, but what the hell, its still a Flanker!!!!
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_15.jpg

One of the things I greatly admire about HM models- the cockpit modelling.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_ckpt.jpg

Loadout : 2 X R-73s, 4 X R-27Rs, 2X Kh-31Ps, 2 X KAB-1500L LGB. All attachments were extremely easy to mount & unmount. I do not have any fear of breaking it, thanks to HM's solid build quality.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_ld.jpg

The Thrust vectoring nozzles have been modelled on the model( as seperate nozzle attachments):
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_tv_1.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-su35_tv_2.jpg
In case you are wondering, what is that written on the tail fins in Cyrillic script - (Russian: Военно-воздушные cилы России - pronounced in Russian as : Voyenno-Vozdushnye Sily Rossii, in English it means : "Military Air Forces of Russia")

Last edited by skanchan95 : 9th October 2019 at 16:24.
Old 10th October 2019, 14:06   #1016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The Sukhoi Su-35S Flanker E is a highly modified and improved derivative of the Su-27. In the 1980s modifications were made to the Su-27 (Su-27M) also referred to as Su-35.
Sandesh, you have won the Oscars once again after your Tomcat. This is just such a wonderful scale model that it has me drooling. Great catch. The video on its maneuvers is just outstanding with those thrust vectoring nozzle's. For an aircraft to turn around completely on its vertical axis (yaw) and do so with wing dip and nose pitch being barely noticeable is quite something. Hearty congratulations once again.

Including here comparative photos of the MiG-15 and MiG-17 which I forgot to post the first time over. Note the greater wing sweep, the larger wing and the extra length (about 1 metre) of the MiG-17
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20191008_134051.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20191008_134516.jpg  

Old 11th October 2019, 12:12   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Excellent model, now I'm confused is your Tomcat the best fighter model on the thread or this one?

Also very nice writeup about the differences between the normal Flanker and Super Flanker, never noticed the missing air brake among other changes.

Quote:

Combat Record: From 1965 to 1972, MiG-17s from the VPAF (North Vietnam’s Air Force) would claim 71 aerial victories against U.S. aircraft: 11 Crusaders, 16 F-105 Thunderchiefs, 32 F-4 Phantom IIs, two A-4 Skyhawks, seven A-1 Skyraiders, one C-47 transport aircraft, one Sikorsky CH-3C helicopter and one UAV. The VPAF lost 63 MiG-17s in air combat.
Another impressive Mig to your collection

At first it appeared to be similar quality to my Mig-15 but on careful analysis of your pics this one is a much higher quality model with detailing and colors.

I wonder how the expression of the World War II veteran F-4 pilots were when their Mach 2 capable, twin seater, twin engined, radar equipped fighter with 8 missiles was shot down by a subsonic gun only radar less plane from the early 1950s piloted by a peasant from a village from a 3rd world country

Last edited by Foxbat : 11th October 2019 at 12:13.
Old 11th October 2019, 17:35   #1018
BHPian

Scale Models - Aircrafts & Ships

Quote:

From the official Airbus Website :

Airbus marks its 1,000th A320neo Family aircraft delivery

https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/pres...-delivery.html

Airbus has delivered the 1,000th A320neo Family aircraft. The aircraft, an A321neo produced in Hamburg, Germany, was delivered to Indian airline IndiGo.

IndiGo is the world’s biggest customer for the A320neo Family with orders totaling 430 aircraft. Since its first NEO was delivered in March 2016, its fleet of A320neo Family has grown into the world’s largest with 96 aircraft operating alongside 129 A320s. In an extremely competitive aviation market, the fuel efficient A320 Family has been instrumental in IndiGo’s rise to become India’s largest airline by fleet size and passenger numbers.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-indigo-1000th-a320-family.jpeg

Yet no manufacturer makes a die-cast Indigo A320
Old 11th October 2019, 22:28   #1019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From the official Airbus Website

Airbus has delivered the 1,000th A320neo Family aircraft.

Yet no manufacturer makes a die-cast Indigo A320
This I beloved is partly because they are not sure of the market for scale models in Indian colours and partly out of a myopic attitude that the East suffers from the West. But with time this is changing and in commerce changing fast.
Old 11th October 2019, 23:06   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
This I beloved is partly because they are not sure of the market for scale models in Indian colours and partly out of a myopic attitude that the East suffers from the West. But with time this is changing and in commerce changing fast.
But on the other hand we see your Indian A320 in very rare colors and that Indian Airlines Caravelle and Skanchan's Hogan A320 in old Indian Airline colors.

Most Viewed