Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2016, 15:55   #166
BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar

Such a sad news to hear. I recall numerous posts where he has advised people on modifications, general queries and comparisons to offroaders and newbies alike. His passion for his creation was very evident and he always offered sensible advice on modification threads.

RIP Sir. A great loss to TBhp, offroading and the Automotive community.
Old 10th August 2016, 15:56   #167
BHPian

R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar. May his soul rest in peace.
Old 10th August 2016, 15:58   #168
BHPian

May his soul RIP and his family find the strength to pass through this difficult period.
Old 10th August 2016, 16:00   #169
BHPian

Very sad news for the entire Team BHP family.
R.I.P Behram sir
heartfelt condolences to his family.
Old 10th August 2016, 16:01   #170
BHPian

Very, very sad news! RIP Sir! You are a legend in Automotive matters. Though I never met you or had communicated to you, I'm a keen follower of your insightful posts on Fiats and beyond and I'm shocked at your passing away too soon (just 59 years).

May God give strength to his family to brave through this tragedy and we will all miss his wisdom and guidance.
Old 10th August 2016, 16:03   #171
Senior - BHPian

Shocked will be an understatement. A gem of a person to interact with, online and in person, and a knowledge house on 4x4's.

Condolences to the family.
Old 10th August 2016, 16:06   #172
Senior - BHPian

Am shocked, can't believe the news. Got to know about this from one of the Fiatians and am saddened to the core, may his soul Rest In Peace.

My condolences to the Dhabhar family.
Old 10th August 2016, 16:16   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Shocked!

His last post?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post4031062
Old 10th August 2016, 16:21   #174
BHPian

Terrible terrible news! I still can't believe that Mr. Dhabhar is no more with us.

I had the privilege of meeting him once during the 2015 VCCCI Rally in Mumbai where he was with his LHD Fiat. I remember being a bit shy while talking to him. He was more than polite and showed me around the car and also told how and when he had sourced all the parts. This was his reply when I posted the pictures on the LHD Fiat thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

Dear Anuj (Impala59) - it was indeed my pleasure to meet you yesterday. As I told you, just for the record (), I had picked up 8 Premier President side strips with all mounting clips for a princely sum of 10 rupees from Chor Bazaar in 1978 when I was in VJTI college, doing my engineering. These side strips were lying in my loft for 37 years and I have used them now. The round side signal lights were similarly picked up for 2 rupees each and the wheelcaps for maybe 4 or 5 rupees each, not more! I got the bumpers off a very good 1100D car, broken down in 2001. Now people are asking for ridiculous amounts and people are paying also, times have indeed changed, not necessarily for the better!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Even my first ever T-BHP post was on his thread of BMC 8903:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala59 View Post
This is my first post on Team-BHP and I thought it should be special! What's more special than this beautiful Fiat!

A few months ago (I wasn't a BHPian at that time), when I visited the Dadar Parsi Colony, I saw Mr. Dhabhar's Fiat Select parked in a lane. As there was no place to stop there, I parked my car in the next lane and came back to look at this beautiful car. I have attached a few pictures which I clicked.
One interesting incident took place was when I was clicking the pictures. As the lane was narrow, I was standing in the middle of the road and clicking the pictures. At that time a Honda City came and stopped right where I was standing. I was expecting an angry stare from the driver since I blocked his path. However, the driver of the car(I think he was a Parsi) saw that I was clicking pictures of the Fiat and gave me a very nice smile! Felt so nice! Only in DPC
A really down to earth and knowledgeable person, he will be more than missed.

R.I.P (Return if possible) Mr. Dhabhar
Old 10th August 2016, 16:26   #175
KMT
BHPian

His passing will be acutely felt by the 4x4 community in our country, he has gone well before his time.
May his soul rest in peace.
Old 10th August 2016, 16:33   #176
BHPian

Sad and shocking. Rest in peace, Mr. Dhabhar. My condolences to the family.
Old 10th August 2016, 16:37   #177
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Oh how sad !!

Behram was such a sweetheart. We just had so much fun chatting over the phone, discussing the Thar in pre production days and eventually testing the preproduction version he sent down to Hyderabad for me and Fazal to try out and give him direct feedback. Countless calls and conversations!

Then the days when no one in Mahindra was willing to back the Thar and launch the vehicle in India. None of the top brass were willing to do it. Behram was deeply frustrated and in conversations with me made no bones about how deeply disheartened he was about the lack of vision in Mahindra. It was then I asked him for Anand Mahindra's email and wrote directly to him about Mahindra's core values and how the Thar was an iconic representation of all that Mahindra stood for. To my delight Anand Mahindra responded immediately and with great enthusiasm. He asked me to compose a 140 character message summarising the Thar so that he could tweet the same. What followed is history as he started marking my mails to top brass and have no doubt it was his call to release the Thar in India.

I bought my Thar from the initial lot and again Behram and I would go into details of what improvements could be made.

Behram had, however, lost his interest in Mahindra given the apathy of top brass in recognising his efforts. Although the Thar was launched and became a hit he moved onto Tata and I remember we used to talk of 4x4's potential from the Tata stable.

Over time we both got busy with other things and didn't talk as frequently bar the occasional call to catch up.

He was a gem of a guy and very thorough in his knowledge of the subject. I loved my conversations with him.

I will miss him but am deeply satisfied we spent some great times together and I remain kicked about the fact that I had a little something to do to get the Thar launched much to Behram and my satisfaction.

A great guy and a car nut through and through !!
Old 10th August 2016, 16:48   #178
BHPian

RIP Behram Sir. His passion for automobiles the stories will be remembered for a long time.
Old 10th August 2016, 16:49   #179
BHPian

His posts in mod threads were something i always looked forward to, a fine gentleman & auto nut aside. Thank you for keeping a legend alive, you too have become one.

RIP BD sir, you'll be dearly missed.
Old 10th August 2016, 16:52   #180
BHPian

Rest In Peace.

Our family going to to miss him badly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks