Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2016, 01:37   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar

RIP Behram. Your advice and knowledge will be missed
Old 11th August 2016, 02:39   #242
BHPian

Shocked & saddened to know of Mr. Behram Dhabhar’s untimely demise.

My condolences to the Dhabhar family. May God give them the strength to bear this irreparable loss.

I had a very short time to get to know him on this forum but gauged from quality of his posts that he had unmatched knowledge about everything automotive. His passion about cars came though his elaborate posts with mind boggling detail. I believe we have lost a man who not only had a vast reservoir of knowledge but was also a great human being.

May his soul rest in peace. Behram Sir you will be terribly missed.
Old 11th August 2016, 03:21   #243
BHPian

R.I.P. Dhabhar Sir! I have never known you personally but your posts were always full of interesting insights. You will be missed Sir!
Old 11th August 2016, 03:23   #244
BHPian

Friend, car-guru, iconoclast, rebel, loose canon, strainght talker, gracious host.

I have worked closely with Behram over two organisations in the last 12 years. His extraordinary depth of knowledge, his passion for cars and his 'no questions asked' concern for the customer was what drew me to him despite being many years his junior in age.

Behram never had any qualms calling a spade a spade and in organisations that value political correctness over the raw, unvarnished truth, he would walk up to the 'Emperors' and proclaim them naked.

Understandably, the 'establishment' was terrified of him, the 'Quality' guys would go pale with terror at the very mention of his name and the 'After Sales' bosses tear their hair in frustration.

All this made him more than his fair share of enemies and amongst us that knew he was doing the right thing but lacked the courage to emulate his Jack Sparrow 'devil-may-care-attitude', the sobriquet - Be Reham (the merciless one)!

They tried to bribe, co opt, sideline and tried every trick in the book but he was irrepressible and true to the cause till the very end.

On the fateful day of the Mumbai floods, half a dozen colleagues and I were stranded near Kings Circle. I gave him a call and Behram who lived a stone's throw away was there to the rescue. Behram had been asking me to visit him for several weeks now to see his new, old Padmini (the red one featured in the pictures). Finally, circumstances had forced me to his home albeit dripping and stinking because I had waded through chest high sewer water.

It was pitch dark because electricity was out. Behram insisted on me first seeing his beloved restored car which had been carefully wrapped to protect it from the monsoons.

I asked 'Arre Behram, itna andhere mein kaisa dekhega?' (How do you think I can see it in this darkness?')

'Gadheda, plastic ke neeche haath daale ke sirf paint finish feel kar ne!' (Ass, you just have to feel the paint finish underneath the plastic wrapping. . . you don't need eyes for that!)

So there we were, 2 grown men, one dripping in sewer water, groping a restored classic car in the darkness as the storm winds howled around us.

He left us as he had lived. . . discussing cars with another dear mutual friend, in a car, on the way to work. He died with his boots on! As I sit overseas writing an eulogy to him because sleep eludes me, I remember his impish smile and his tremendous joy for life.

Goodbye Behram Dabhar. . . . until we meet again at the off-road testing range in the sky!
Old 11th August 2016, 04:50   #245
BHPian

RIP
shocked and saddened by your loss.
Old 11th August 2016, 05:28   #246
BHPian

Our sincerest condolences on the loss of this great person.

What is most striking is the stunning silence from a certain head of his prior organisation - who by all means is very active on social media and who takes pleasures when people spot his cars overseas.

A little acknowledgement on his immense contribution to his organisation (afterall the sales are still strong on what it appeared to be a low volume or no volume sales potential) would have been a great fitting dictum to his legacy.

Sad - it is not to be.
Old 11th August 2016, 06:22   #247
BHPian

His advice to many of us Fiat enthusiasts was "preserve your car forever".
Hope his Fiats get preserved forever.
Old 11th August 2016, 07:04   #248
Senior - BHPian

A very sad news.

May the departed soul rest in peace.
Old 11th August 2016, 07:59   #249

R.I.P Dhabhar sir. Shocked to hear this.
My condolences to the family.
Old 11th August 2016, 08:23   #250
Senior - BHPian

Terrible news indeed!!
Infact, I came to know about this from my boss, a Thar owner and who sweared by Behram Sir. This is a terrible loss to the forum. Heart goes out to his family. RIP Sir. And keep revving the 4x4s in Heaven!!
Old 11th August 2016, 09:09   #251
Senior - BHPian

Shocked to hear this news. RIP Behram Sir
Old 11th August 2016, 09:24   #252
BHPian

Amazing personality, great knowledge powerhouse, modesty personified, and a keen teacher, and a great listener. Sir, thanks for everything, you meant a lot to me. you shall always reside in my heart.
Old 11th August 2016, 09:57   #253
Team-BHP Support

Irreplaceable loss. There will not be a second BD. RIP.
Old 11th August 2016, 10:03   #254
BHPian

A terrible loss for the entire 4 wheel world. RIP.
Old 11th August 2016, 10:03   #255
BHPian

Rest in peace Behram sir.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks