Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2016, 09:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!

So Bhpians, I got the Free Jio Sim and inserted into my 1 year old Moto E2 in 1st Sim Slot.
I am able to use the Internet on that Moto E2. But I am unable to share its Data through WiFi Hotspot on other devices even though the other devices are able to connect to Moto E2 through Wifi.

I have Xiaomi Redmi 1S. I am able to connect Redmi 1S to Moto E2's Wifi Hotspot. i.e. Redmi 1S shows "Connected". But I am unable to use Internet on Redmi 1S.

I have tried this even on Micromax A117. Even it shows connected to Moto E2 Wifi Hotspot, but could not browse any website nor Whatsapp.

Any solution on this?
Or do I have to buy Lyf Phone or Jiofi Device to use Wifi Hotpsot on other devices?
Old 2nd October 2016, 14:47   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi
I am unable to share its Data through WiFi Hotspot on other devices even though the other devices are able to connect to Moto E2 through Wifi.

Any solution on this?
I have tried calling the below numbers but one message "This number does not exists" is constantly played on those numbers-
18608933333, 18008899999.

Please give Valid Jio Customer Care Numbers.
Old 2nd October 2016, 19:52   #63
BHPian

Try 197 from your Jio mobile
Old 2nd October 2016, 23:41   #64
Senior - BHPian

I had read somewhere that Jio requires 5.1.

But I was not aware of the fact that The Android on Moto E2 was 5.0.2 out of the box.

When I updated it to 5.1, I am able to share WiFi hotspot on mobiles but not on my VAIO Laptop running Win 7 Professional 32 Bit. How to share on laptop?
Old 11th October 2016, 13:29   #65
BHPian

Really frustrated with the JIO sim card procurement itself

I had generated the coupon code on my Moto X play and it was showing ready for pickup at any Reliance Xpress outlet. When i went there last week, after my eKYC verification, the coupon code shows already redeemed. I have not redeemed till now and looks like some one has either faked my IMEI and generated new code or directly used my coupon. The worst part is we cannot generate any coupon as IMEI is locked. Simple google search on JIO coupon showing so many complaints on it being redeemed without actually customer using it.

Reliance Xpress asked me to contact JIO customercare/email for blocking the other sim and generate coupon again. JIO customer care numbers are not reachable from Airtel Landline/Mobile at all. I have mailed JIO mail address and contacted via their online form, via Twitter account, but no response yet. This is very pathetic service from the company and i seriously doubt how they will provide support once they convert to paid model.

My suggestion to Bhpians is please do not generate coupon in advance and store in mobile. Just go to store, enquire if sim is available and then generate on the spot and use it.
Old 11th October 2016, 13:56   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaymishra View Post
I have been using Reliance Jio for over a month, very happy with the data coverage and speed. though the interconnection with other telco's are still an issue. So far I have made 5 calls and only 1 got connected.
One of the issues that I faced was during registering the Sim, it took over an hour for the SIM to register I had to go for online help to get this fixed. Since then no issues in the home network.
I traveled to Mumbai during Ganesha festival and just could not get Jio sim to register no matter what I tried. (restart phone, enable Airplane mode etc)
Not sure if others have observed this issue.
Have you switched on 'data roaming' option in 'mobile network' option? Seems to be the logical remedy....
Old 14th October 2016, 17:41   #67
Senior - BHPian

I got my hands on a jio sim today. A friend knew the guy at the store, their friendship helped.

Is it true that it takes 24 hours activate?
Old 14th October 2016, 18:13   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team,

Anyone has an additional coupon to get a Jio SIM?
could be useful to me.
Old 14th October 2016, 18:23   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I got my hands on a jio sim today. A friend knew the guy at the store, their friendship helped.

AFAIK 24 hours is the maximum time. My friend's sim was activated minutes of him inserting the sim in his Iphone. I inserted in the second sim slot and had to activate the data on this sim for it to work. Before it, even the network bars weren't visible; found this to be quite strange.
Old 14th October 2016, 19:05   #70
Team-BHP Support

Here is an observation. There is a good chance that the Jio suite of apps makes some deep changes in the phones' configurations to support the plumbings for apps that make even a non-4G device to be able to use their network and several other such. The result of this is that the device may not connect to the data network of other operators at a later date. So please check this carefully.

My new 4G handset stopped connecting to the data network of any of the Voda, Airtel or Aircel sims (I have all three) post my JIO suite download (disclaimer - I don't have a Jio sim and it was a sheer stupidity on my part to have downloaded the Jio suite). I tried every trick in the book to make my phone connect back to the regular networks but everything failed. The APNs were all good, data including data roaming was on... Every possible thing I tried and failed. The phone behaved as if I didn't have a data contract. Then I found out from Vodafone (whose sim is my primary for this phone) that their network has disconnected me with a message that my handset is not compatible. After every possible effort Vodafone guys gave up and asked me to buy a new handset

It is a different story that Vodafone simply does not know how to triage real issues. I even asked them to check the logs and let me know what parameters are being reported back by my phone because of which the network is not allowing my phone to connect. They said they can't tell me such details! Nor could they resolve the issue. In the meantime I had removed the Jio apps suite which seemed to have started my problems. However, the changes deep inside were most probably not reverted back and the issue persisted. Finally, I had to do a factory reset. Immediately the device started running with every network including Vodafone.

Does that conclusively prove that Jio apps caused the issue? No, but the problems started immediately after I installed the suite. And I had all other regular applications which never caused any problems before that and neither they have any issues now after I installed them again post reset.

Last edited by Zappo : 14th October 2016 at 19:06.
Old 14th October 2016, 22:49   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetonatoR View Post
AFAIK 24 hours is the maximum time
Thanks. Mine has activated 5 hours later.
Old 14th October 2016, 23:06   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

@Zappo: There are a few apps for android which claim to make 3G sets paritally compatible with 4G Jio running data at 3G speed at least. I have not tried using them but as a process, the installation guide asks you to alter some setting which is not accessible directly but only through such apps. I believe Jio apps could alter such settings. Also, since installation of Jio apps enables an LTE device to 'become' VoLTE', it is highly possible that what you doubt may be true.

Regards.
Old 14th October 2016, 23:31   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
So Bhpians, I got the Free Jio Sim and inserted into my 1 year old Moto E2 in 1st Sim Slot.
I am able to use the Internet on that Moto E2. But I am unable to share its Data through WiFi Hotspot on other devices even though the other devices are able to connect to Moto E2 through Wifi.

I have Xiaomi Redmi 1S. I am able to connect Redmi 1S to Moto E2's Wifi Hotspot. i.e. Redmi 1S shows "Connected". But I am unable to use Internet on Redmi 1S.

I have tried this even on Micromax A117. Even it shows connected to Moto E2 Wifi Hotspot, but could not browse any website nor Whatsapp.

Any solution on this?
Or do I have to buy Lyf Phone or Jiofi Device to use Wifi Hotpsot on other devices?
I have been using the jio sim for around two weeks on my Lenovo K5 note & have also tried out the hotspot from this mobile & it easily got connected & were able to surf seamlessly.
Old 15th October 2016, 10:59   #74
BHPian

@zappo your fears are unfounded, the apps do check if you are on a jio MSISDN but it does not bar Internet access for other operators. If I were you, I would have checked the sim level settings for data. Nevertheless, good that it is resolved.
Old 15th October 2016, 12:10   #75
Senior - BHPian

Whatever it is: don't use Jio 4g for IRCTC tatkal booking. Twice i was warned that i had exceeded the booking limit for the day.

On the other hand, i enjoy good internet speeds even in the remote rural farm!

Last edited by ramzsys : 15th October 2016 at 12:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks