Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2016, 19:27   #106
BHPian

Re: Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Really frustrated with the JIO sim card procurement itself

I had generated the coupon code on my Moto X play and it was showing ready for pickup at any Reliance Xpress outlet. When i went there last week, after my eKYC verification, the coupon code shows already redeemed. I have not redeemed till now and looks like some one has either faked my IMEI and generated new code or directly used my coupon. The worst part is we cannot generate any coupon as IMEI is locked. Simple google search on JIO coupon showing so many complaints on it being redeemed without actually customer using it.

Reliance Xpress asked me to contact JIO customercare/email for blocking the other sim and generate coupon again. JIO customer care numbers are not reachable from Airtel Landline/Mobile at all. I have mailed JIO mail address and contacted via their online form, via Twitter account, but no response yet. This is very pathetic service from the company and i seriously doubt how they will provide support once they convert to paid model.

My suggestion to Bhpians is please do not generate coupon in advance and store in mobile. Just go to store, enquire if sim is available and then generate on the spot and use it.
This had happened to me too. A friend of mine had generated a coupon code and he had given it to me when I had gone to one of the Reliance digital outlets here at Kochi. When I gave them the code it showed that the code was already redeemed. They did some sort of over ride and managed to get me the Sim within minutes which got activated in another few minutes too. They have the option to do this, I specifically asked them about this when they gave me the SIM.

PS : I had picked up a Samsung S7 Edge from this outlet which is why I went there in the first place. I was supposed to get a free SIM for this phone too since S7 is part of the Jio welcome offer but I opted out of it since I already had a Jio SIM with me.
Old 12th November 2016, 20:20   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Doesn't Marshmallow support Jio WiFi Hotspot sharing?
Or any setting or configuration has to be done after updating to Marshmallow from 5.1.

I have updated Moto E2 to Marshmallow from 5.1. Now I am able to connect to the Hotspot of Moto E2 from other devices but cannot use its internet connectivity. The other devices show Connected to Moto E2 over WiFi. But any internet related activity cannot be performed.
I have a Marshmallow phone (Moto G3), I don't have another Android smartphone to test it, but I gave it a try on Windows phone & it works. There's no interruption between connection & data usage. I checked various websites & apps. No hiccups.

I am not a technical guru, but this was my best shot for you're above problem.
Old 12th November 2016, 22:17   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
This had happened to me too. A friend of mine had generated a coupon code and he had given it to me when I had gone to one of the Reliance digital outlets here at Kochi. When I gave them the code it showed that the code was already redeemed. They did some sort of over ride and managed to get me the Sim within minutes which got activated in another few minutes too. They have the option to do this, I specifically asked them about this when they gave me the SIM.

PS : I had picked up a Samsung S7 Edge from this outlet which is why I went there in the first place. I was supposed to get a free SIM for this phone too since S7 is part of the Jio welcome offer but I opted out of it since I already had a Jio SIM with me.
There is no "option" as such. What they do is really type in another coupon code, +10, +100 of the code they know worked last.

That's how they happily distribute these Sims for 300-400 bucks. That's also how your coupon code shows redeemed before you even visit them.

Reliance simply has to make "scanning" the only way to redeem a coupon. But I guess they are happy with the customer growth so far and are focussed on bigger things.
Old 12th November 2016, 22:53   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish
I have a Marshmallow phone (Moto G3)
Did you change any setting post updating to 6.0?
Also did you initially insert the Jio sim then updated to 6.0 or updated to 6.0 and then inserted Jio Sim?
May be first you updated to 6.0 and then got and inserted Jio Sim.
Old 13th November 2016, 14:47   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Did you change any setting post updating to 6.0?
Also did you initially insert the Jio sim then updated to 6.0 or updated to 6.0 and then inserted Jio Sim?
May be first you updated to 6.0 and then got and inserted Jio Sim.
I did not change any settings post updating to 6.0. The Access Point Names(APN) is the same, I have Jio sim in slot one & Airtel on Slot 2.

I had inserted Jio Sim before Updating from 5.1 to 6.0. Then I updated the OS, kept the same slots & settings as before. Now post updating, only Slot 1 Works as 4G (Earlier Both Slots were 4G). Everything is working fine for me.
Old 13th November 2016, 15:43   #111
BHPian

I bought Jio 3 days back using adhaar card and it hasn't been activated yet. What do i do? Using an iPhone 6. They said it'll get activated within 24 hrs. Still waiting.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 13th November 2016 at 15:44.
Old 13th November 2016, 18:39   #112
Senior - BHPian

Have any of you guyswho got Jio SIM cards noticed the rates printed on the back of the paper packet ? They are pretty much in line with current standard rates that other network operators provide e.g 1p/sec calls, Rs 1 per SMS, Rs 5 or 10 for international SMS and 5p per 10KB Data !
So Reliance is free to go back on their promises at any given time as they have clearly stated these rates on the SIM card packaging. Just a heads up for you guys as I havent seen it mentioned in this thread
Old 13th November 2016, 19:57   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Have any of you guyswho got Jio SIM cards noticed the rates printed on the back of the paper packet ? ...
As announced earlier, call will remain free and unlimited throughout lifetime for JioSIM Card provided correct balance present in card for validity.

At present POI issue certainly came down and call getting connected easily to other operators. I have been using Jio for last 1.5 years since beginning and I can vouch the quality and services it will provide in future for all users.

Due to Free Data at present download from users are huge so naturally in some areas you may feel low speed. It will become normal once all users start paying after free period.
Old 14th November 2016, 14:52   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
I bought Jio 3 days back using adhaar card and it hasn't been activated yet. What do i do? Using an iPhone 6. They said it'll get activated within 24 hrs. Still waiting.
If You haven't already, please call up 1800-890-1977 and activate Your card. I had to do this twice, before finally having data activated.
Old 14th November 2016, 19:14   #115
BANNED

Slightly off topic. Were queues at the ATMs longer or for JIO SIMs? I heard no stories about problems with the SIMs.

My son picked up one this week at his hospital in Delhi, where they were making these available. Apparently, the limit was nine per person. Since he has a Kanpur Aadhar he picked up one on a friend's account.
Old 17th November 2016, 09:32   #116
Senior - BHPian

When I replaced the Jio Sim with my Airtel 4G Sim in slot 1, it did not work properly. Showed E or H or 4G from time to time and was very slow. What was worse, the Wifi (Airtel bb) connected, but I could not browse, it showed proxy server error.

I changed the Jio Sim back to slot 1 and Airtel 4G Sim to slot 2 and everything is fine again. Something fishy. Phone is Moto G 3rd gen.
Old 17th November 2016, 09:39   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
When I replaced the Jio Sim with my Airtel 4G Sim in slot 1, it did not work properly. Showed E or H or 4G from time to time and was very slow. What was worse, the Wifi (Airtel bb) connected, but I could not browse. Something fishy. Phone is Moto G 3rd gen.
Did you set the Preferred Network type to 4G(recommended) in Network Settings ?

Also Try to Search Networks in Network Operators, there you will see IND Airtel & (just) airtel. Select either of these & switch on the Mobile Data, you should see 4G Data on one of the Networks. If not, then make sure the Correct APN is selected.

I have same phone & Sims, but I haven't faced any issue yet.
Old 17th November 2016, 09:48   #118
Senior - BHPian

Network is already selected as LTE. Additionally Enhanced 4G LTE mode is also turned on. The Airtel card is working without any issues in slot 2. Why not in slot 1?
Old 17th November 2016, 10:32   #119
BHPian

Quote:
When I replaced the Jio Sim with my Airtel 4G Sim in slot 1, it did not work properly. Showed E or H or 4G from time to time and was very slow. What was worse, the Wifi (Airtel bb) connected, but I could not browse, it showed proxy server error.

I changed the Jio Sim back to slot 1 and Airtel 4G Sim to slot 2 and everything is fine again. Something fishy. Phone is Moto G 3rd gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Did you set the Preferred Network type to 4G(recommended) in Network Settings ?

Also Try to Search Networks in Network Operators, there you will see IND Airtel & (just) airtel. Select either of these & switch on the Mobile Data, you should see 4G Data on one of the Networks. If not, then make sure the Correct APN is selected.

I have same phone & Sims, but I haven't faced any issue yet.
Quote:
Network is already selected as LTE. Additionally Enhanced 4G LTE mode is also turned on. The Airtel card is working without any issues in slot 2. Why not in slot 1?
I have the same set up in my Moto G4 Plus, Jio in 1st slot and Airtel in 2nd slot. After reading your post, just now I removed Jio and put the Airtel in 1st slot and it took a minute to configure, then I went to Cellular Network option and changed the preferred network type to 3G (Airtel SIM is in 3G enabled) and it is working properly in the 1st slot, as it was when I was only using Airtel SIM.

Try again once or restart.

KK
Old 17th November 2016, 21:09   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I went to Cellular Network option and changed the preferred network type to 3G (Airtel SIM is in 3G enabled) and it is working properly in the 1st slot, as it was when I was only using Airtel SIM.

Try again once or restart.

KK
Are you getting 4G signal now? I don't want to use it just as 3G. Airtel 4G signal is good in my area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks