Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:57   #211
BHPian

Re: Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I had Jio on both my phones - htc Desire and MotoX. None is Volte
You mean Moto X Play? It is VoLTE phone and Jio works fine without Jio voice app.
Old 23rd March 2017, 14:04   #212
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
You mean Moto X Play? It is VoLTE phone and Jio works fine without Jio voice app.
It is a Moto X Style. The Jio man was here to install it, and afaik it does not have Volta. Maybe a later version has it, but not the one I have.
Old 23rd March 2017, 14:08   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I had Jio on both my phones - htc Desire and MotoX. None is Volte. Jio is a true battery hog. I was getting barely 10-11 hours in the MotoX. Having removed Jio and its software now I am running both on 4G on Vodafone. Getting about 24 hours on the Moto, even more on the htc. I di not see why. Maybe the Jio was disconnecting and reconnecting.
Is it because it's a non Volte phone that it's hogging battery so much? Cos I an using Jio since last 8 months on my redmi note 3 and had no issue with the battery .
Old 23rd March 2017, 15:45   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Is it because it's a non Volte phone that it's hogging battery so much? Cos I an using Jio since last 8 months on my redmi note 3 and had no issue with the battery .
When using Jio on non VoLTE phones, the data needs to be on and the Jio4gVoice app keeps the connection open for receiving calls. This data may be used by other apps installed on the phone increasing battery usage further.

VoLTE phones don't require mobile data to remain on and can also work with mobile data off.

Redmi Note 3 has a massive battery of 4000 mAh and coupled with VoLTE, the backup I get on my phone with mobile data on all the time is absolutely excellent. I am left with 25-30% even after my usual 17 hour work day.
Old 23rd March 2017, 22:42   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I used to get a battery life of 2.5 days on my Lenovo Vibe when it was on Airtel 3G. But after installing Jio on sim 1 and moving Airtel to sim 2, my battery hardly lasts for 27 to 30 hours. I guess it is because of the below reasons:
  1. Using 2 sims on a single phone
  2. Not having a volte phone
  3. Using 4 G instead of 3 G.
Old 23rd March 2017, 22:48   #216
Senior - BHPian

I hate Jio. Got it yesterday. twitter refreshes slower - whatsapp messages often go with a perceptible lag. battery is just as bad. Only new app installation and jio music is really quick. those apps are a colossal privacy disaster btw.
Old 23rd March 2017, 22:55   #217
Senior - BHPian

Using Jio on my iPhone 7+ using my business Vodafone number on ePiece connected to iPhone 7+ through BT. Battery lasts a day and more, for me. Jio has been a boon, Vodafone 3G/4G just sucks! The whole family is on Jio, have a JioFi for my daughter who is on Nexus 6 and doesn't want a Jio SIM: she's the only one using Vodafone Data.
Old 23rd March 2017, 23:18   #218
BHPian

Sharing my experience of Mi4i a non VOLTE 4G phone with Jio Sim.

Mi4i bought 2 Dasera back from FK.
Jio sim procured Dasera 2016 day, 2nd sim usually is BSNL and namesake Airtel.

Initial jio4Gvoice App was a bad experince, but updates made it amazing.

I did have thought to replace it with a VOLTE phone but this Mi4i is too dependable like a Duracell bunny & I want only Mi and White.

What stops me from replacing it is my query.

Sim setting in Mi4i Phone is call + data = Jio

There are two advanced settings in jio4Gvoice App
Make Jio the default for messages and for Calls.

I have made Jio sim default for Messages, and cannot do it for call as a non VOLTE phone.

If in VOLTE phone jio4Gvoice App wants Priority/default for call and messages and not from Dialer.

Then a VOLTE phone and non VOLTE 4G phone are almost equal for the jio4Gvoice App.

and my Mi4i Bunny wins Or it is not.
Old 24th March 2017, 10:11   #219
Senior - BHPian

Here's how bad Jio is in Delhi airport.
Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!-img_20170324_080002.jpg

Attachments taking a minute to upload is fine but this is intolerable. Jio has sacrificed reliability for customer numbers. Severely regretting porting in this far.
Old 24th March 2017, 11:44   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

I am thinking of getting a Jio sim with Prime offer so I could use this in my USB dongle for laptop internet. Anything I need to be wary of? I don't have a 4G / Volte mobile now and use Lumia 630. I'd not be using Jio for any calling purpose, neither anyone is going to have this number.

PS : Are there any better offers for a month long data plan to be used via a USB dongle? As I mentioned, this sim will be used only for internet.
Old 24th March 2017, 12:28   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am thinking of getting a Jio sim with Prime offer so I could use this in my USB dongle for laptop internet. Anything I need to be wary of? I don't have a 4G / Volte mobile now and use Lumia 630. I'd not be using Jio for any calling purpose, neither anyone is going to have this number.
As you will not be using it to make calls, your best bet would be to buy a Jio-Fi device.

https://www.jio.com/preview/jiofi

Quote:
Are there any better offers for a month long data plan to be used via a USB dongle? As I mentioned, this sim will be used only for internet.
BSNL offers these two attractive schemes.
  • 14 GB data/30 days @ ₹292
  • 30 GB data/30 days @ ₹549
Old 24th March 2017, 12:35   #222
BHPian

Quote:

PS : Are there any better offers for a month long data plan to be used via a USB dongle? As I mentioned, this sim will be used only for internet.
Get one of those JioFi WiFi device if you want to use it exclusively for internet.

The 303(1GB/day) and 499(2GB/day) plans should suffice most users' data needs.

I strongly recommend buying a VoLTE phone if you want to use Jio in a phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
BSNL offers these two attractive schemes.
  • 14 GB data/30 days @ ₹292
  • 30 GB data/30 days @ ₹549
BSNL is also offering 2GB/day @ ₹339.

Last edited by antz.bin : 24th March 2017 at 12:37. Reason: Multiquote
Old 24th March 2017, 20:30   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
As you will not be using it to make calls, your best bet would be to buy a Jio-Fi device
Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Get one of those JioFi WiFi device if you want to use it exclusively for internet.

The 303(1GB/day) and 499(2GB/day) plans should suffice most users' data needs.

I strongly recommend buying a VoLTE phone if you want to use Jio in a phone...
Thanks guys. I thought of Jio Fi, but that's going to be restrictive only for Jio sim. I am more inclined to get one of those generic devices which I could use for any sim I may have. With quite a few offers coming in now a days, I could look at other service providers too, and a generic dongle will help me.

Between, do you guys mean that I don't need a 4G / VoLTE phone for activating the data packs / downloading the app for Jio?
Old 24th March 2017, 21:04   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Between, do you guys mean that I don't need a 4G / VoLTE phone for activating the data packs / downloading the app for Jio?
No need. Please go back a few posts - #210 to 215 and #218 (am referring only to easily visible posts, there are many more in this very thread about using non 4G/VoLTE).
Old 24th March 2017, 22:05   #225
BHPian

Had my number for 20 years with Airtel ported to Jio in Dec 2016 influenced by promise of HD quality voice.

Within a week i started counting 90 days to port back to Airtel. Such a bad and limited area service.

Just yesterday ported back to Airtel. What a relief!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks