Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2006, 13:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Turbocharged Bangy Baleno (tbhp-ians?) mentioned in AutoMania

Today's AutoMania supplement of the Economic Times has an article on turbocharging. A pretty good article (atleast for a layman like me). Tried to get the url for it from their site (to share here for anyone interested), but they have only a few articles from that supplement online. And this one does not seem to be in that list.

The article by Subhabrata Ghosh starts off like this :

<quote=> We were driving on the Bangalore roads when a guy came full pelt behind us, with a combo loud exhausts and air horns, trying to scare us off the road. I quickly swirved to the left to allow him right of way. He must have floored it and the car emitted a strange whine and then suddenly the exhaust seemed to explode and the car almost catapulted ahead and disappeared.

I could almost hear a loud gasp of relief. "What car was that "? gushed my son. Unable to decipher the body kit and the wings, he looked at me inquisitively. "It's a Baleno," I replied. "Baleno?" Almost everyone threw that question at me simultaneously. "What was that whining noise?" "How can a Baleno go so fast?" Questions were being thrown at me as if I was in the middle of some inquisition. Only one word is the answer - Turbocharger.
....... </quote>

So, the big question, which tbhp-ian was that flying in a turbocharged Baleno ? mclaren1885 ? v1p3r ?

I did like the basic idea of turbocharging - making use of energy that would have been otherwise wasted.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 12th October 2006 at 14:18.
Old 12th October 2006, 17:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

or maybe it was you

jokes apart but i have seen a delhi registered turbocharged ikon ZXi. does that belong to a team bhpian ?
Old 12th October 2006, 18:02   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Mod

---Discussion shifted to PM---

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th October 2006 at 01:35.
Old 12th October 2006, 18:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod

---Discussion shifted to PM---

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th October 2006 at 01:34.
Old 12th October 2006, 19:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

There was only 1 turbo Baleno in town and now it does not have it any more. PS: it did not have a body kit.
Old 12th October 2006, 19:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
or maybe it was you
Oh, No. One, I am at Chennai (not B'lore). And two, I do not like to mod my cars, other than adding a basic ICE (does not even qualify to be called a mod, I guess).
Old 13th October 2006, 02:47   #7
BANNED

The sound from some team-BHPian's Baleno confused Mr. Subh.... to assume that it was a Turbo charger doing the job. Poor fellow! Seems he never expected this from a non Turbo car. But, Believe me, A modded Baleno driven by some expert drivers can cause anybody to drop their jaws and forget for a while close it. I think that's what happenend to Mr. Subh....!!!

BTW, Mclaren has grown up and he drives more sane these days. And V1p3r?? No, he is more into 4WDs and AWDs now. And Memo----, He will be pleased more with a Mclaren-Mercedes MP19!!!!
So dont blame T-BHPians man!!!

I dunno what this man will think about after seeing my Alto LX zooms past him. A Turbo with a Supercharger, NOS and AWD????? Mr. Subh... needs to be a team-BHPian so that he'll be more acclimatised to power bursts from kewl cars!!! Neh?????
Old 16th October 2006, 10:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
BTW, Mclaren has grown up and he drives more sane these days. And V1p3r?? No, he is more into 4WDs and AWDs now. And Memo----, He will be pleased more with a Mclaren-Mercedes MP19!!!! So dont blame T-BHPians man!!!
@speedzak, I was actually happy that one of our cars was mentioned. Not blaming.

Quote:
I dunno what this man will think about after seeing my Alto LX zooms past him. A Turbo with a Supercharger, NOS and AWD?????
Wow, that's quite some mods. If one of your Kerala meets happens when I am at Kerala, I would surely like to drop in, just to check out your car.
Old 16th October 2006, 11:18   #9
BHPian

I am a great fan of baleno and I firmly believe that this is one car which if Tapped properly can create waves.... It has enough space under it's hood to take up engine mods....
Old 17th October 2006, 01:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
There was only 1 turbo Baleno in town and now it does not have it any more. PS: it did not have a body kit.

Yes it did... I test drove it remember... very light skirts with a evo 8 carbon fiber spoiler...
and when was the turbo removed... man i have not been out of office and home for months now...i need to catchup on things

Godfather

Last edited by Godfather : 17th October 2006 at 02:00.
Old 17th October 2006, 02:08   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Wow, that's quite some mods. If one of your Kerala meets happens when I am at Kerala, I would surely like to drop in, just to check out your car.
err...are you being sarcastic too, or do you really think it is real.
Old 17th October 2006, 02:21   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Man!!!! I was just saying that's what He will think my car has. Not that those mods are in already.

What I meant is: Seeing a car going fast alone can send plenty of wrong signals. Sometimes even stock cars appear to be very fast for an outsider. And exhaust/engine sounds are very much to be mistaken too. Only a very expert tuner, modifier, mechanic will be able to make out the stuff inside the car by just seeing it go past.
Old 17th October 2006, 10:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelntoe
err...are you being sarcastic too, or do you really think it is real.
Actually I thought zak had all those mods in his car. I missed the "???" at the end of his statement. I did read about his hi-fi ICE and all. So I thought, maybe he went ahead with all these performance mods too.

Quote:
Man!!!! I was just saying that's what He will think my car has. Not that those mods are in already.
My mistake, zak. I somehow assumed that you had all those mods in your car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks