Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2016, 18:33   #16
BHPian

re: Automotive information...as shown in the movies!

No matter at what speed a car crashes into another car, either it will fly 20ft in air or go rolling mid air

Bad guys firing from a moving car will always tend to miss the hero, but a hero firing from a moving car will always get his aim correct.
Old 21st October 2016, 11:09   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Automotive information...as shown in the movies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
And what's with the truck driver continuously steering the truck even if its going straight.
Cars too, cars too! They keep moving the steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
What about all sorts of people doing "hanky panky" in cars and leaving their window glasses open (in movie PK)?
Sorry, I couldn't resist sharing this brilliant one by Mahindra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I have heard more screeching noise from wheels in movies than in real life.

One more goof up when it comes to dubbing - I HATE it when they don't match the engine sound with the actual car. E.g. a police Tavera driving away, but with the sound of a petrol.
Old 21st October 2016, 12:10   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
[*]Twisting the wheel left and right furiously makes the car go in a straight line (any number of 1960s Hindi films)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Cars too, cars too! They keep moving the steering wheel.
Our Santro's steering has so much slack that I can twist/turn the steering wheel plus or minus 10 degrees, and the car still tracks straight. Jumping from Civic to Santro, and back to Civic was a nightmare.

Check out Rajesh Khanna's Jeep steering in Mere Sapnon Ki Rani song

Last edited by SmartCat : 21st October 2016 at 12:15.
Old 21st October 2016, 12:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

- You can talk sweetly and make the car start. No need to pop the hood and check anything. (Padikkathavan, Gone in 60 Seconds)
- You can get used to driving a manual, as soon as the supporting character tells you to do so (Swordfish)
- Hero can drive a Volga without seat belts. Cling (not even wear it) on to it at the last minute. Limp off the vehicle after multiple spins and crushed hood (Bourne Supremacy)
- Reverse off a roof level of a multi level parking without using RVM lying down, people shooting on a front windshield, no seat belts. Car turns turtle, hero walks off without a scratch (Bourne Ultimatum).
- No matter how complex the car is, there are wires available for one to short and start the car (multiple movies).
- SUVs can keep up with jetliners takeoff speeds (Argo)
- You can jump off broken bridges (Gone in 60 seconds) or even airport fencing and return normally via arrivals (VIP)

Quote:
5. Bullets make big holes on the exterior, but somehow never manage to hit the fuel tank.
But one can take perfect aim from something like 200-300 meters, puncture a hole in the fuel system first attempt and make it explode second (Jackal)
Old 21st October 2016, 13:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
How about our hero's ability to get a bike airborne with just a jerk. He can fly over trucks, rivers and what not. The Indian hero doesn't need an elevated platform to take off, just a sudden jerk as if he's lifting the bike up and voila, you've got wings!
You talking about a bike, eh? Our hero can make a truck airborne by just jerking up the steering wheel. Movie : Gentleman (Tamil)
Old 21st October 2016, 13:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post

1. If the brakes fail, a Car cannot be stopped. In fact the car then runs uncontrollably at top speed. The only way to stop such car is by crashing. (Source Movie: Race)
Its quite hilarious. But the first point about brakes fail is not just seen in Race. In fact, in most of the old (and new) Bollywood (and other) movies brake fail invariably leads to a fatal crash. How many times have we seen villains in movies using this trick to kill the hero or his loved ones.
Old 21st October 2016, 14:02   #22
Team-BHP Support

When Jack = Sunil

Old 21st October 2016, 14:21   #23

Morpheus totals the pick-up truck with his sword and gun
Old 21st October 2016, 15:15   #24

Speechless after watching this.
Old 21st October 2016, 15:25   #25
BHPian

1. Hero in a smallish sedan hits the big SUV's of villains to send the SUV's cartwheeling.
2. Hero leans out of the car and hits the Tyre of the villain's on coming SUV with a machete and the SUV cartwheels.
3. Heroine is cycling and the hero is following her in an open convertible; both of them singing to each other. The engine is absolutely silent but you can hear the occasional honk in perfect rhythm with the song.

All the above in Telugu movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Check out Rajesh Khanna's Jeep steering in Mere Sapnon Ki Rani song
With such lovely music, beautiful scenery and a charming leading lady, we can excuse minor things.
Old 21st October 2016, 16:25   #26
BHPian

Awesome thread!
Few things that I could recall,
1) Shooting the wheels will blow up the car and make it fly off
2) If it's a Cielo, you know its going to end up either being blown up or toppling and falling on its head
3) Damage incurred while jumping off a moving car and rolling on the ground has no relation to the speed it was moving at
4) Taking down helicopters and other flying objects using cars and bikes. One of my all time favorite scenes,

Old 21st October 2016, 16:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
Awesome thread!
Few things that I could recall,

4) Taking down helicopters and other flying objects using cars and bikes. One of my all time favorite scenes,
The same is done in one of the Die hard movies. Only, it was more convincing in the hollywood movie; they achieved genuine suspension of disbelief.
Old 21st October 2016, 16:59   #28
BHPian

A lot of movies show cars exploding and some even show cars being thrown as high as 100 m up in the air due to an explosion that occurs when the fuel comes in contact with a flame.

I also learnt recently that its almost impossible for a car to explode due to fuel coming in contact with fire. I remember seeing a video where every possible method is tried and the gasoline car does not explode.
Old 21st October 2016, 17:17   #29
BHPian

Hollywood movie torque shows a bike fitted with nitro boosters doing such high speeds that it goes past a fired bullet and rescues the lady before the bullet can hit her. beat that!!
Old 21st October 2016, 18:14   #30
BHPian

In one of Vijay's Tamil movie (Kuruvi if I remember correctly), his battered Esteem snaps the accelerator cable while one a race. In the next scene, he has the accelerator cable in his mouth and he is twisting his head left to accelerate And guess what, he wins the race

Last edited by Anand3553 : 21st October 2016 at 18:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks