Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2006, 23:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

My visit to trade fair.

Hi,

Today it was outing day for me. The outing started at 2 o clock when my friends arrived my house and we went to have fun. The real fun started at about 8:30 before that it was movie watching time. MUNNA BHAI LAGE RAHO. Gr8 movie.

Movie ended at around 5:30 and woof we go here and there trying to spend every penny we had in hand. When returning home at around 8 o clock just suddenly took and wrong turn and entered the Trade fair held in Chandigarh. Though of getting in but we were late for entry and entry was only for people with passes. For other they have to buy ticket and enter before 8. Though we managed to enter as friends mom is on a high post in GOVT. and they had a lot of passes.

Although every year experience is always the same. Same stuff every year and blah blah. Here is the this years experience:

Got in the trade fair at around 8:15. Started off with the same house loan, housing banking stalls. Boring and i wont bore ya will all this stuff. Went to another stalls consumer products. Started having fun good products laptops, PSP, PS2, PS3 videos etc etc.. Now this were getting hotter. Now as soon as we are at PSP stall enquiring about it and old friend came and shocked us with a NEWS saying there is MODDED BALENO with NOS. And i was like WTH ????

And we all went zooming of their leaving around 100 unseen stalls. And there it was a MODDED BALENO. The hood was opened and not much people were taking inerest. We all went there started inspecting the car and I started listening to the guy regarding what they sell eand stuff. I still couldnt see as some 6 +feet guys were standing in fron of me so took some time and took some exterior pics:

Ineteriors were not much done black + blue seat covers Auto Gauge was installed. So diditn took any pics.

Now comes to the modifications. He was saying this to everyone that this baleno does 0-100 in 7 secs faster then Skoda RS. Adding to stock baleno 94 BHP + 24 BHP with their modifications 118 BHP. The list of modifications done:

1. K&N Performance Filter.
2. COLD Air Intake
3. Twin power Surbo
4. Intake Charger
5. VOLT Stabilizer
6. IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS
7. FREE FLOW EXHAUTS (Didn't told us the name of the company but said its was imported and not of Automech. They dont make custom made)
8. MOBIL 1

Now started the tech talk between the guy and me:

Me: Whats all this ?
He: It is a MODDED BALENO and does 0-100 in 7 secs.

Me: What modifications have you done?
He: He said almost all above including NOS.

Me: Which filter is it ?
He: K&N

Me: K&N extreeme ?
He: Aftre a Pause. NO its Performance.

Me: Whats the cost ?
He: 8.5K including labour and all the stuff

Me: What exhausts you got here ?
He: he said its imported didnt knew the name ?

Me: Do you deal in custom jobs like skirting, custom exhausts etc.
He: We do not deal in custom made exhausts but we deal in Kits. Their price will aroun 10 - 15 for small cars like and 20k for this baleno one (See above pics).

Me: Can you start the car ?
He: Yes

He started the car and the sound was just like normal baleno looked at my face he presses the accelerator showing there is exhaust present.

Me: Can i drive the car to see what it is capable off?
He: We cant give car test drive here you can come at our office in MOHALI.

Me: Show me the NOS ?
He: He said i cant spark the NOS here.

Me: I am not saying to spark the NOS just saying to show me ?
He: Actually NOS is not installed.

I knew it wasn't installed as there were no wires etc relating to it.

I started inspecting the car and frankly i dont think the car can do 0-100 in 7 secs. The car 17 Inches and 45 profile tyres. Not very impressive on car. Sorry forgot to take the pic. Will go tomorrow and get the pic. Now seeing us some more people came and check the stuff.

A guy came and he tried to fool him that low profile tyres are better than stock. They have better handling, grip etc. The other guy said the rubber is very small compare to his Honda City. He said yes but these are better and its 17 inches blah blah blah. Now i got into the convo. Asked him are they good for indian rodas he said yeas doing very well and stuff. I said how cant they do well on indian roads they wont provide any cushioning as they are very low profile. He got a bit embarrased thingking how can kid know this much where as these adults saying ok ok ok. (Kudos to Team BHP). I explained to they guy that low profile tyres are good for handling but are bad for you car and ride quality and you will have hars ride on indian roads.

Now i came to know he is trying to fool people around. So i asked him about Tri-Phase and stuff and he had no clue. Tried to give him viper number he said please give it at the counter. Gave there but dunno if the lady wrote it down or not.

had some other talks regarding body kits and other stuff and came back. Overall a good experience with him. Wished some more technical guys from TeamBHP were there to help. He would have ran away if Viper, turboindia etc were there

Left his stall with his card and numbers etc. While going back saw the RHINO Stall. Below is the experience. will post pics later.

Car exterriors are like rounded Qualis. Interioris are ok on high end model but very cheap quality. Leg room is adequate the space is ok. The fully loaded version has screen etc. The car has rear ac vents and folding back seats. OVERALL not impressed with the car. Qualis was much better. I didn't took much interest in the car btw.

P.S. Sorry for the bad pics quality as they were taken at aroun 9:30 at night and with N70 and i forgot to turn on the night mode.

Cheers.

Last edited by abhibh : 14th October 2006 at 23:36.
Old 14th October 2006, 23:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
Now comes to the modifications. He was saying this to everyone that this baleno does 0-100 in 7 secs faster then Skoda RS. Adding to stock baleno 94 BHP + 24 BHP with their modifications 118 BHP.

I Think Rs is 150 BHP Stock and i dont think this baleno can be faster then Skoda RS or can do 0-100 in 7 secs.

BTW Nice Report..

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 15th October 2006, 09:16   #3
BANNED

Hey,

That looks like a car done by Nivit Bhasin of Hyperperformance Motor Sport or something like that from Delhi. I would very much doubt his claims. His work has been discussed in some other thread.

Viper
Old 15th October 2006, 12:29   #4
aZa
Senior - BHPian

yeah looks like a HMS baleno!!! Stay away abhib stay away lol!!
Old 15th October 2006, 12:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Yeah its HMS baleno and i aint gonna go to him after 0-100 in 7 secs thing and NOS not even installed and claiming its installed LOL.
Old 15th October 2006, 12:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
yeah looks like a HMS baleno!!! Stay away abhib stay away lol!!
aZa looks like he met the same guy we did remember!!! Stupid moron!! And its definetely an HMS car since it has all the trademarks of Nivit Bhasin as in Intake charger, Voltage stabiliser etc.

Abhibh me & aZa had gone to HMS and posted our experience on another thread. Stay away would be my advice too!!
Old 15th October 2006, 13:17   #7
BANNED

Funny, stupid guy.
What is it? BHAINS? Sin?
There are still many who take people for ride with blah blahs. Pity on those people who believes these crap.

Btw, is this the same HMS who does those sickening ads every month in Autocar etc?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks