Team-BHP - The Cashless Transactions Thread (apps, wallets etc.)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Cashless Transactions Thread (apps, wallets etc.) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/182995-cashless-transactions-thread-apps-wallets-etc-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4693354)
The support at UPIs are almost next to nil.

And that in a nutshell is why I gave up on UPI until it gets more robust. It's great when it works, but one issue and both parties refuse to touch a dispute, the user stuck chasing shadows.

I now have my credit card setup as default payment on all app-based services (Uber, Food Delivery, Amazon etc.).

Takes a few extra clicks per transaction, but I know support is available and responsive. I value that over slightly more convenience and a few pennies of 'cashback'.

The thing with UPI is every provider- Paytm, google pay, PhonePe etc - has their own internal mechanism of implementation.

From my personal experience, the Paytm UPI works better in the negative scenarios. It waits for a minute for the transaction to complete, if not, the amount is credited back to your account immediately. Maybe you can give it a try and post here if it works for you in such failure cases. I mostly use Paytm UPI these days apart from GPay

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4693401)
Takes a few extra clicks per transaction, but I know support is available and responsive. I value that over slightly more convenience and a few pennies of 'cashback'.

Gone are the days of cashbacks! I don’t think I’ve gotten one except for initial usage days. So, it’s only for convenience now. :)

Hi guys. I Need advice regarding making Online purchases and online Bill payments more convenient. I am not app-savvy and even started using UPI only a few months ago. :D

Situation is - I mainly use my PC to make online payments. Phone number A (Used by my brother) - registered with the bank account. Phone number B (not registered) - used by me.

1) To make online payments, from my PC- if I use a Debit card, I have to go to the other room to get the OTP. Online payment with Credit card - in some cases OTP is sent, in some case OTP is not sent (I don't understand the reason). Some websites have a "pin number" option so probably OTP is not needed in these cases.

How can I make this more convenient? - especially not needing an OTP to make payment.

2) I tried Bhim app (phone number A).
When sending money to someone at his upi id or bank account/ifsc, it works flawlessly.
But when paying bills - electricity, broadband it doesn't work. - I enter details on the Electricity board's or Broadband (airtel) website > a Notification is sent to Phone A> I click on the notification> It opens the bhim app and takes straight to the payment page> I press pay > and nothing happens. nothing at all. The time limit is reached and transaction gets cancelled. I had cleared the cache, phone and apps softwares are updated, switched off and restarted, but still the same problem.

I also need an alternative to a Bhim (UPI) app, which doesn't need the Registered sim in the phone, so that I can use the app on any other phone or a Tablet, ipad (without sim card).

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinhead (Post 4694448)
I also need an alternative to a Bhim (UPI) app, which doesn't need the Registered sim in the phone, so that I can use the app on any other phone or a Tablet, ipad (without sim card).

Your best bet would be to use a wallet app like Paytm or even Amazon. You need to load the wallet at your convenience and pay the bills using the balance. I use my Amazon account on multiple devices (phone, laptop browser etc).

Quote:

Hi guys. I Need advice regarding making Online purchases and online Bill payments more convenient. I am not app-savvy and even started using UPI only a few months ago. :D

Situation is - I mainly use my PC to make online payments. Phone number A (Used by my brother) - registered with the bank account. Phone number B (not registered) - used by me.

1) To make online payments, from my PC- if I use a Debit card, I have to go to the other room to get the OTP. Online payment with Credit card - in some cases OTP is sent, in some case OTP is not sent (I don't understand the reason). Some websites have a "pin number" option so probably OTP is not needed in these cases.

How can I make this more convenient? - especially not needing an OTP to make payment.

When sending money to someone at his upi id or bank account/ifsc, it works flawlessly.
But when paying bills - electricity, broadband it doesn't work. - I enter details on the Electricity board's or Broadband (airtel) website > a Notification is sent to Phone A> I click on the notification> It opens the bhim app and takes straight to the payment page> I press pay > and nothing happens. nothing at all. The time limit is reached and transaction gets cancelled. I had cleared the cache, phone and apps softwares are updated, switched off and restarted, but still the same problem.

Thanks!

For UPI to work , the bank account from which you wish to transact must be linked to your mobile number. In case you have a joint account, the mobile number registered with the primary account holder is what will be registered with UPI.

If you are having issue with OTP for debit card, you need to contact your bank customer care or visit the branch to sort things out..

No. you cannot use any UPI based app on a non-sim based device.Only option is load up money on e-wallets of Amazon and Paytm

Quote:

Thanks!

Hello sinhead
For Point 1: You can login to your credit card’s netbanking and set a transaction password. So when it asks for Otp their will be a second option to enter transaction password. Enter that and transaction will be successful.
For Point 2: If the amount for transaction is more than 10000 (BHIM), the transaction will be unsuccessful. You can use the above process by going to the concerned website for all the bill payments.
And for money transfer you can download mobile app of the bank on your phone B using OTP that comes on Phone A once and access the payment transfer option and netbanking without any OTP. Most of the bank apps do not require OTP for money transfer (it can be done directly or using transaction password).

Thanks a lot guys :) !! I try these options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 4693413)
The thing with UPI is every provider- Paytm, google pay, PhonePe etc - has their own internal mechanism of implementation...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4693401)
And that in a nutshell is why I gave up on UPI until it gets more robust. It's great when it works, but one issue and both parties refuse to touch a dispute, the user stuck chasing shadows...

OK. As expected, a data breach at Big Basket.
https://www.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news...w/79126397.cms
What should we do? I cant believe that I need to change my UPI pin. Is it stored? Unencrypted?

RBI increases limit for contactless card transactions to Rs 5,000 from January 1, 2021.

Quote:

To ensure the adoption of digital payments in a safe and secure manner, the RBI governor today announced that the central bank has proposed to increase the limit for contactless card transactions to Rs 5,000 from Rs 2,000 per transaction. This announcement was part of the RBI's bi-monetary policy announcement held on December 4, 2020.

"In order to expand the adoption of digital payments in a safe and secure manner, it is proposed to enhance, at the discretion of the user, the limits for contactless card transactions and e-mandates for recurring transactions through cards (and UPI) from Rs 2,000 to Rs 5,000 from January 1, 2021," as per Shaktikanta Das's statement.
Source: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ign=ETTWWealth

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz (Post 4946443)
RBI increases limit for contactless card transactions to Rs 5,000 from January 1, 2021.

Agreed that contactless cards are convenient but I fail to understand how they are secure. If somebody gets hold of your card they can make unlimited transactions below threshold limit, until you see the SMS and block the card. Better not to have debit card as a contactless card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalOne (Post 4946502)
Agreed that contactless cards are convenient but I fail to understand how they are secure. If somebody gets hold of your card they can make unlimited transactions below threshold limit, until you see the SMS and block the card. Better not to have debit card as a contactless card.

Contactless card in the wallet is secure when kept with a RFID blocker. However outside or once robbed, then we can't do anything except blocking the card.

The main reason for contactless is convenience and Government had set up a limit of Rs. 2000 initially. However now its increased mainly due to the Covid situation, in order to minimize the contact.

The card issuers should have an option to minimize the limit as per personal requirement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz (Post 4946443)

My main usage of card is when filling up fuel, and this increased limit means, I can go contactless on amounts greater than 2k, which is almost always the case.

I stopped using Paytm wallet since the time I switched to GPay (linked to my ICICI Bank account) a couple of years back.

Of late, I am not very happy with Gpay/ICICI combo as it fails too often. Also need to go thru two authentications and location enabling, even for micro-payments. So thinking of switching back to Paytm Wallet.

Can I make UPI payments from a Paytm Wallet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalOne (Post 5042529)
Can I make UPI payments from a Paytm Wallet?

Not from PayTM wallet but from PayTM UPI. They have UPI payment option from the same app itself. Also you can load the PayTM wallet using PayTM UPI if you wish to do so. But I do not see any point in loading the wallet using UPI, you can just directly pay the merchant using the UPI mode itself.