Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2010, 15:36   #151
BHPian

Any idea whats up with the place Only Parathas? It was next to Flags at the Inox location. Have found it closed on 2 occassions i visited them last and we ended up eating elsewhere.
Old 25th January 2011, 14:27   #152
Senior - BHPian

Korean restaurant in Pune

Just visited a new (new for me atleast) place called Cafe Maroo in Aundh, Pune. Here's a brief review of the place:

Restaurant Name: Cafe Maroo, Korean restaurant

Location: Near Convergys Call center, Opposite Dominos, Next to Rahul Restaurant, Aundh, Pune

Ambience:
  • Ambience is very Korean, atleast the owner mentioned so. Its a pretty small place which can accommodate around 12-14 persons at a time.
  • The seating arrangement is very tidy and just about optimum. There are 3 tables at the zero level which can accommodate 2+4+2 persons totally. There are nice comfortable sofas at the 1st level which can take about 6 persons.
  • Korean artifacts surround you. Korea tourist maps, Facts about Korea, Korean History, etc are some interesting artifacts kept here.
Service:
  • Just 1 person to serve the food.
  • Owner seats on his chair in the small kitchen and one assistant to help prepare the food.
  • Amazingly quick service! We never got a chance to say "Aur kitna time lagega".
  • All food was served hot, fresh and whatever appropriate form it is supposed to be.
  • The attendant was very very polite and he also suggested some good options instead of what we were going to order. The options suggested by him were not only cheaper than we first thought of, but they were also as per our taste.
  • Fresh plates were used for every new serving.
  • The only negative I thought was that we were supposed to use the same spoons throughout the lunch. He never changed the spoons.
Food:
  • Lots of options. Veg, non-veg: Chicken, Beef, Pork, Sea-food.
  • We ordered one soup called Shim Ramyeon (Korean spicy soup with noodles). The soup was good with a unique taste, which we had not tasted before. Alert: The quantity is too much. Sufficient for 3 I would say.
  • Next we ordered Dak Bulgogi Deopbab (Rice with dark bulgogi with chicken). Excellent dish. Chicken was so well cooked and marinated that with every bite of the chicken, the gravy and sauces were flowing into my mouth. Yummy! Highly recommended. Quantity is suitable for one person with good appetite.
  • My wifey wanted to have Veg only, so we also ordered Bibimbab (Rice with mixed vegetable and gochujan sauce). This was not so good. Better to have this rice with some spicy gravy. Without the gravy, its pretty dull.
  • We ordered Iced Creamrolls as deserts. Pretty interesting and tasty desert. This was topped with hot chocolate.
Price:
A lunch for two costed us around 800. The pricing is on the higher side I feel. But, its the only dedicated Korean restaurant in Pune as of now. So its ok to pay for the exclusivity. once in a while.

Overall Experience: Good-Very Good.

Rating: 3.5/5

Mods: Please move this thread to its appropriate place. I tried to search before posting, but could not find any.

Map:
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Pune-map.jpg  

Old 25th January 2011, 14:51   #153
Senior - BHPian

Re: Korean restaurant in Pune

Here's the Menu. Got hold of this menu on one of the Foodies sites. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Pune-menuphotoforcafemaroo1.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Pune-menuphotoforcafemaroo2.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Pune-menuphotoforcafemaroo3.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 25th January 2011, 16:53   #154
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Any idea whats up with the place Only Parathas? It was next to Flags at the Inox location. Have found it closed on 2 occassions i visited them last and we ended up eating elsewhere.
KP,

I heard from the guy next door that they had closed down the operations. Sad, because it was one of my favorites as well!
Old 4th February 2011, 15:41   #155
BHPian

Guys,
Just had a stint at Copa Cabana on Wakad Road, Its just on the right side after CCD while you take left from the Y section while going towards, Hinjewadi from Rakshak society.
The food was good. Has good variety of Mexican and Thai. Ambience was also good. It has a party hall, an Indoor and an out door sitting.
Only sore point was the service. It was more than 35 mins after placing the order, I was served.
Well the most interesting thing to mention was, My order was almost served to the two guys who were sitting to my next table. Out of them one was a foriegner, who was shocked seeing such a kind of miss management about the order. He just laughed like anything on this.

Other wise, the food and the ambience were really good. If you have enough time and are prepared for such strange experiences, then have fun.
Old 5th February 2011, 14:09   #156
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Just visited a new (new for me atleast) place called Cafe Maroo in Aundh, Pune. Here's a brief review of the place:

[*]Lots of options. Veg, non-veg: Chicken, Beef, Pork, Sea-food.
Overall Experience: Good-Very Good.

Rating: 3.5/5
Ajay_satpute, Thanks for the review, map and menu. This is the sort of cuisine my family enjoys. Was hunting for such a place for a long time. Now thanks to you, we have an option. Will post our experience soon.

Last edited by dot : 5th February 2011 at 14:46.
Old 8th February 2011, 18:31   #157
Senior - BHPian

German Bakery is opening again! Only sad part is the owners themselves dont know when.

I personally felt, that they should have opened it on 13th Feb 2011 itself. Exactly a year after the aweful blasts. That would have been a fitting reply to this cowardly act.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:29   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Bumped into this thread while searching for places to eat in Pune. I know it is a bit late Ajay, but neverthless a very good review from you. Korean food is something which i have never tried an would definitely check out this place.

So does it taste similar to the indianised Chinese food?

Last edited by bblost : 8th March 2011 at 16:31. Reason: Please avoid quoting a full large post. Thanks.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:47   #159
BHPian

Hey guys! Had just read about moto cafe in Pune on another forum. Did any members go along? I have to saw what he's done with the place looks really nice. Unfortunately atm i can not personally go and see.

Anyone?
Old 8th March 2011, 18:54   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulstar View Post
Hey guys! Had just read about moto cafe in Pune on another forum. Did any members go along? I have to saw what he's done with the place looks really nice. Unfortunately atm i can not personally go and see.

Anyone?
I have been to MotoCafe 2-3 times and its a good hangout place. The name of the owner is Nikhil who is also a member of Team BHP and xBHP. He is more into bikes than cars.

The cafe has good choices of coffees and snacks. IMHO, I like the location of the cafe more than what the cafe offers. Nikhil is pretty much involved in various activities related to automobiles. He was involved in the Fiat Factory visit and ARAI visit. So good to know him.

We also had a Team BHP Pune tapari meet at MotoCafe in December IIRC.
Old 8th March 2011, 18:56   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Bumped into this thread while searching for places to eat in Pune. I know it is a bit late Ajay, but neverthless a very good review from you. Korean food is something which i have never tried an would definitely check out this place.

So does it taste similar to the indianised Chinese food?
No Amit. Korean food tastes completely different. You can not relate the taste to anything else you've tested before.

You will like the place more, if you are a non-veggie.
Old 11th March 2011, 16:10   #162
BHPian

Wow how could i miss this thread.. i am a major foddie. i am strictly non vegiterian when it comes to food from restaurants.

I would like to jot down a few of my favourates here. guys if you need additional info just ask.

el cheapo - $
moderate - $$
wow but that was worth it!!! - $$$

I am also writing what you should try from these places if you like:

Malakka spice ($$)(as most of you know ) , koregaon park
must try: golden fried squid rings with a sweet mango pulp chutney

Silk route ($$1/2) , Koregaon park again.
Must try: prawns tempura Maki

O Hotel ($$$) near german bakery, koregaon park(my favorate)
Must try: sushi esp. red snapper and octopus,japenese fried duck with rice

Rahul Restaurant ($$) Above Rahul cinema , next to E square
Must try: Crab with neer dosa

Nisarg ($$),near nulstop
Must try: fried sukka clams

Janjira ($$), on LBS road
Must try : Fish fry and Clams

Mainland china ($$$), dhole patil road
Must try: any fried chicken stuff

Mad House grill ($$1/2), Koregaon park, next to silk route
Must try: grilled chicken with mashed potatoes

Bounty sizzlers ($$), Kalyani nagar
Must Try: Beef steak

Zamu,s ($$), Dhaole patil road
Must try: pork ribs

The Wok($$) , 3rd or 4th floor E-Square
Must try: the all you can eat wok for 250 per head lol.

Sinhagad Fort ($) ,on top..he he
Must try: Pitla Bhakri with thecha

Coconut grove($$), opposite the road to Pune railway staion(Dont underestimate the place)
Must try: Sea food soup and any sea food curry

Uncle Chinese ($1/2), Koregaon park, the lane where naturals is,
Must try: Spicy Sea food soup and chicken sizzler for 100 buck, yes you heard me correct.

The Mango tree($$), nilayam talkies road, next to pathfinder,
Must try: Thai red curry chicken

A small tapri no name sorry($), opposite HDFC Bank, Dhole patil road after 17:30
Must try: Kheera fry(its beef udders)

Again dont know ($), corner Road to Brand factory MG road
Must try: Tongue roll

Chop Sticks($$), Viman nagar
Must try: beef fry and reshmi chicken

Nayab($), Old Pune Market mg road
Must try: lauki halwa and Kaadi ghost during ramzaan only

Haveli Sarangi($$), Opp, royal enfield showrrom Mg road east street
Must try: Prawns sarangi

Moej($1/2), Koregaon park after arturs , pizza hut lane
Must try: roast beef with rice and salad

7 seven($1/2), koregaon park naturals lane next to uncle chinese
Must try: Full roast chicken with garlic dip and shawarma

Kaveri ($1/2), ahmed nagar road, next to wagholi
Must try: maharashtrian chicken curry + bhakri.

11 east Street ($$1/2), East street, opposite J williams showroom
Must try: fish finger and chips with cold beer

Last edited by konjaril : 11th March 2011 at 16:17.
Old 11th March 2011, 16:23   #163
BHPian

Cool Thread!

Got chance to test the food at Masemari, The fishing, Tilak Rd, Sadashiv Peth, Pune.

Food is very nice, ambiance is cool, rates are little expensive. I found the service is little slow however overruled by food quality.

Link masemari,tilak road, pune - Google Maps

Thanks!
Old 11th March 2011, 16:29   #164
Senior - BHPian

Konjaril, extensive list youve got there. Nice

To add another dish to Rahul Restaurant(which BTW has opened up another restaurant in Aundh, lane next to Convergys).
Patrani Fish - A must have at Rahul restaurant. Brilliant.
Old 11th March 2011, 16:30   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Cool Thread!

Got chance to test the food at Masemari, The fishing, Tilak Rd, Sadashiv Peth, Pune.

Food is very nice, ambiance is cool, rates are little expensive. I found the service is little slow however overruled by food quality.

Link masemari,tilak road, pune - Google Maps

Thanks!
Oh ya i did hear about the place, never been there. How do you rate the food on a scale from 1 to 5??

@Swanand, oh yaa i know that one... the one wrapped in banana leaf. quite exqusite...

Last edited by konjaril : 11th March 2011 at 16:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks