Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2012, 08:45   #271
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
All said and done, I liked it waay better than the so called thai curries I had at places like Magnolia, Mezza9, All Stir Fry etc. - mind you I have tried the thai dishes only and not chinese so I guess I should have clarified.
Magnolia Thai curries are probably the worst. Being a big fan of Thai cuisine, I was excited to find this place in Pune but my experience was bad.

Yet to try Thai at Copa Cabana.
Old 28th April 2012, 12:47   #272
BHPian

Had been to Mariott, SB road on Thursday. Wife wanted to eat veg only being a Thursday, so went to Shakahari. It was a good experience. The salad bar was simply great and so was the desert room. Not much options in the main course as you have to order from a set menu, but that was ok. Surprised to see jawari bhakri, bharala wanga and bhogichi bhaji in the main course menu.
It cost me @1600 /-. They did not charge for my 6.5 yrs old kid, don't know why, but who is complaining?

Next time I am going to try spice kitchen the non veg buffet.

Last edited by Figopian : 28th April 2012 at 12:48.
Old 28th April 2012, 12:54   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Surprised to see jawari bhakri, bharala wanga and bhogichi bhaji in the main course menu.
if you want to try good bhakri and bharla wanga, and bhoplyache gharge, try Girija near nal Stop/ sndt. they do a very good thali and kurdai (extra) too
Old 28th April 2012, 18:17   #274
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
2. Sigree : By far the worst lunch buffet i ever had, though the starters were good and somewhat authentic, Everything else was utter crap and totally non-authentic.

Unfortunately been to sigree a month back. They are still worst. Please avoid. Not at all worth.
Old 1st May 2012, 21:44   #275
BHPian

Sachin's Metromix at the Kumar Parisar in Kothrud offers fantastic fusion cuisine.
A small place but the quality of food is really good, and the menu inventive and inviting.
A must visit joint for food adventurers.
Old 1st May 2012, 22:10   #276
Senior - BHPian

Its nothing new for Puneites, but those new in PUNE must visit Durvankur dining hall on tilak road/sadashiv peth once.

Dont look for mordern ambience since the place is good old fashioned eatery which is neat and clean and is AC.

The thali which costs 180rs is simply outstanding.
Thalipith, Bhakari, Chapati, 2 vegetables,shrikhand, AAMRAS, and much more, it was simply Yummy.

The service is excellent and very efficient.

It also has a decent parking arrangement in basement, though its best to be visited during weekdays to avoid rush.

It is these places which give you a feel of PUNE CITY Culture and is a must visit.
Old 1st May 2012, 22:55   #277
BHPian

Never had a chance to visit Durvankur, but can't resist myself from sharing this 'incidence' over here. I came to know about the place & the thali from my nephew, studying in Pune recently. Few days back, one of his friend went there & had just 18 bowls of 'Aamras' alone as a part of the 180 Rs. thali that he ordered.
Don't know whether he was allowed there for food the next time & also for the same rates!
Old 1st May 2012, 23:42   #278
BHPian

I was at Pune during my college days, more than 10 years ago. Kothrud has developed a lot in these years. There used to be Pune Coffee House (PCH) in Deccan. JM Road. Is it still there?
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:47   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinadJoshi View Post
Sachin's Metromix at the Kumar Parisar in Kothrud offers fantastic fusion cuisine. A must visit joint for food adventurers.
Really? If I remember someone else was ranting about it the other day. Maybe on this thread. Now I need to go find out

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzlering View Post
I was at Pune during my college days, more than 10 years ago. Kothrud has developed a lot in these years. There used to be Pune Coffee House (PCH) in Deccan. JM Road. Is it still there?
Pulled down a couple of years ago, along with Lucky which was located behind it. In this place, there is now a mall which houses a CityPride multiplex (not sure of the status) and a KFC among other random stores.

Edit: oh by the way, Kothrud has not developed. It has swollen.

Last edited by selfdrive : 2nd May 2012 at 14:49.
Old 15th May 2012, 12:08   #280
BHPian

guys, anyone recently been to Barbeque Nation@Sayaji Wakad? Is it rooftop? how much do they charge for Dinner Buffet on weekday as I am planning to visit tomorrow night? Does the cost include any welcome drink - alcoholic/non-alcoholic?

It's my wifey's bday and in-laws are in town. so planning a small surprise for her. Had been sigree@bund garden so now want to try this rooftop. We will be just 5 people going there.

I heard BBQ@Sayaji has live performances daily?

All inputs and info on this place is welcome.

Regards,
Aniket
Old 15th May 2012, 14:53   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I
Thalipith, Bhakari, Chapati, 2 vegetables,shrikhand, AAMRAS, and much more, it was simply Yummy.
Is this AAMRAS with preservatives or is it completely natural the way it should be?
I am asking because there are hardly any good mangoes available in the market.

Edit: The food joints on top floor of Koregaon Park Plaza are really good. Try the Falafel's and Indian Tadka (or Masala?).
Old 15th May 2012, 15:21   #282
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
guys, anyone recently been to Barbeque Nation@Sayaji Wakad? Is it rooftop? how much do they charge for Dinner Buffet on weekday as I am planning to visit tomorrow night? Does the cost include any welcome drink - alcoholic/non-alcoholic?

It's my wifey's bday and in-laws are in town. so planning a small surprise for her. Had been sigree@bund garden so now want to try this rooftop. We will be just 5 people going there.

Regards,
Aniket
Never tried BBQ@Sayaji but been to BBQ@Nagar Road. They are good. For details about BBQ@Sayaji , just call them up.

I heard that BBQ@Sayaji charges flat rate for lunch as well as dinner unlike other outlets wherein lunch is bit cheaper than dinner eventhough spread is more or less same.
Old 15th May 2012, 15:46   #283
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Aniket
Sayaji dishes out some good food. You have an option to go for the buffet which is on the ground level, or you can eat at the terrace level-called Barbeque Nation. The ambience is good, particularly in this weather when it gets cooler in the evenings.
I have been there multiple times, but funnily don't ever remember the cost of anything. I think it may have to do with my office reimbursing the charges
But I can surely say it's not cheap, again, depending on which alcohol you have. Food is reasonable.
Have fun dude, it's a nice place!
Old 15th May 2012, 15:59   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Sayaji dishes out some good food. You have an option to go for the buffet which is on the ground level, or you can eat at the terrace level-called Barbeque Nation. The ambience is good, particularly in this weather when it gets cooler in the evenings.
I have been there multiple times, but funnily don't ever remember the cost of anything. I think it may have to do with my office reimbursing the charges
But I can surely say it's not cheap, again, depending on which alcohol you have. Food is reasonable.
Have fun dude, it's a nice place!
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
Never tried BBQ@Sayaji but been to BBQ@Nagar Road. They are good. For details about BBQ@Sayaji , just call them up.

I heard that BBQ@Sayaji charges flat rate for lunch as well as dinner unlike other outlets wherein lunch is bit cheaper than dinner eventhough spread is more or less same.
Thanks guys.. Spoke to BBQ@Sayaji. Booked table for tomorrow night. Their dinner buffet costs are : Veg - 572 and Non Veg - 728. No welcome drink for dinner buffet but they serve one for lunch buffet.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:42   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Edit: The food joints on top floor of Koregaon Park Plaza are really good. Try the Falafel's and Indian Tadka (or Masala?).
I can find out about the Aamras.
Was the hummus in the falafel any good? Would appreciate other recommendations for a good falafel in town.

Quote:
Thanks guys.. Spoke to BBQ@Sayaji. Booked table for tomorrow night. Their dinner buffet costs are : Veg - 572 and Non Veg - 728. No welcome drink for dinner buffet but they serve one for lunch buffet.
Do they have a live kabab counter? Also, has someone been to both BBQ nation outlets? which one is recommended more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
wow, which office is this? I need to send you my CV, I am starving here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks