Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2013, 12:18   #331
RGP
BHPian

Need quick recos for ordering mutton biryani in Aundh area. Urgentas it is needed for today evening.
Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd April 2013, 12:25   #332
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP View Post
Need quick recos for ordering mutton biryani in Aundh area. Urgentas it is needed for today evening.
Thanks in advance.
I would recommend KAREEM's on the Nagras road. I have personally had great experience at the restaurant. Here's a link where you can order from: http://tastykhana.in/pune/aundh-dp-road/kareems-1326
Old 3rd April 2013, 14:02   #333
RGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

I would recommend KAREEM's on the Nagras road. I have personally had great experience at the restaurant. Here's a link where you can order from: http://tastykhana.in/pune/aundh-dp-road/kareems-1326
Looks good, will give them a call.
Thanks.
Old 23rd May 2013, 16:57   #334
Senior - BHPian

Where in Pune can I get good (or authentic if possible) samosas?
I dont want the ones prepared by sweet shops with refridgerated stuffing.
nor do I want ones dripping in oil.

Any suggestions?
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:09   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
In pune, they sell samosas in sweet shops that has stuffings taken from a fridge?

I was under the impression, samosas are best from sweet shops only due to rapid sales

In Hyderabad, the best samosas are from sweet shops and they make them 3-4 times in a day. If it was Hyderabad, i could have given you the TOP 10 places to buy samosas
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:24   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
In pune, they sell samosas in sweet shops that has stuffings taken from a fridge?
At least the shops in our locality sell samosas like this!
For the Hyderabad offer, I will need a list of other places to eat too. For biryani, haleem (if possible) and qubaani ka meetha.
I am planning to visit there later this year and will remember to bug you!
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:50   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nor do I want ones dripping in oil.

Any suggestions?
Anarse samosas near Jnana Prabodhini got to be one of the best Samosa shops in Pune. I have always enjoyed those Samosas, for the freshness of the stuffing and the size.
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:54   #338
BHPian

Western Park Resort located on Pashan Sus Road:

Direction: From Pashankar showroom go towards Sus gaon. this place is about 1.5 km on your left. Can't miss it.

Food quality is excellent, prices very decent. Great open air ambience if one wishes to go out with a group. It's out of the way for most people so the crowd is essentially from nearby Symbiosis or the HJW crowd taking the back road from hinjewadi. Serves as a good 'watering hole' though the 5-6 times I've been there, there have been 1-2 families as well.

USP : not crowded, better than average food, obliging waiting staff, great open air ambience IMHO. Ideal for project parties.
Old 23rd May 2013, 19:02   #339
BHPian

Bay Leaf Bistro

This is near the Chafekar Square, on the road towards Aditya Birla Hospital.

They serve Vegetarian food only. The restaurant has got reasonably good ambiance, courteous staff and sufficient parking during evening ( Park under the fly-over). The food is just too good. They serve Panjabi, South Indian as well as Chinese and others.
Its highly recommendable for a vegetarian family outing, where members would have varied choices.
Old 24th May 2013, 09:06   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Anarse samosas near Jnana Prabodhini got to be one of the best Samosa shops in Pune. I have always enjoyed those Samosas, for the freshness of the stuffing and the size.
Ajay, this shop was closed down by PMC a couple of months ago. Not sure if it is up and running now.
Old 24th May 2013, 09:20   #341
BHPian

Somehow couldn't find any mention of "Aaba cha Dhaba" which is near Chapekar chowk. Exactly below Reliance fresh.

USP: Chicken roast - just irresistable. Kolhapur style preparation. Just perfect amount of spice no more no less. Chicken malvani, handi, anda curry, chicken biryani are next best things to try.
They serve bhakris which are prepared in tandoor or maybe chulhas.

Veggies can equally enjoy .
Masoor fry, matki usal dry, paneer bhurji, pithla bhakri are highlights of the menu.

At the end a chilled glass of solkadi .
Old 24th May 2013, 09:56   #342
BHPian

A Goan restaurant called I'm Lion was recommended by a colleague some time ago. I dropped in there to find it a hole in the wall with two tables and a wash basin. It had some Marley playing softly, so I went in

The place has a relatively simple menu of coastal seafood dishes. So far, I've had the prawn curry (can't get simpler than that, eh?), the Prawn Mangalorean (spicier, with curry leaves), Poppy Prawn (golden fried prawns) and the Surmai fry. All were way above expectation, and please do try the Neer-dosas (another coastal speciality) with any of the above curries! The owner Amay is a nice guy to chat with for a while too.

Location: In the large commercial complex at the beginning of the road going off Pashan-NDA road towards Suryadatta College in Bavdhan.

Cheers,
Rahul
Old 24th May 2013, 10:46   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Try "Tasty Tongues" in Bavdhan. I guess they have a branch near MG Road as well. The samosas are nice, north indianish and the jalebi's are yummy as well..
Old 24th May 2013, 15:14   #344
Senior - BHPian

I had heard a lot about the Biryanis from Dum-A-Dum (a chain of takeaway joints) so tried it a while ago. While I admit I did go for their "veg" options , I found them to be just okay ,nothing better than what you might get in other places.

Glass Window at the Deccan Rendezvous is a multicuisine restaurant tucked away at the end of Apte Road. The ambiance is quite good for those family dinners and the service is friendly. We have tried some European fare , and I found the taste to be no great shakes. Their Indian menu though, scores better on the taste front, atleast on the standard North Indian stuff we have tried. Again ,I can only give an opinion their veggie section. Carnivores may have a different opinion!

Prices are on the higher side.
Old 24th May 2013, 15:36   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I had heard a lot about the Biryanis from Dum-A-Dum...
A Dum-a-Dum opened in Sakaalnagar right outside my window, so I thought I'd give it a try. The first day they had an introductory offer of 99 bucks for any dish. Turned out that I paid that much for a teaspoon of paneer makhani.

Last week I went there for a takeaway matka biryani. Waited 45 minutes and received quite an impressive looking matka sealed with the dough and all. Inside it was quite a dud. Their butter chicken had more sugar than chicken or butter. All in all, quite a waste of money I'd say.

Most Viewed