Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2017, 02:03   #556
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Pune

Hello Bhpians,

Good to see this thread active again after more than 15 months. Few of my favourite picks,

Hippie @ Heart, FC Road - Meat Loader Pizza and the Pork pizza, just yummy thin crust loaded with meat and cheese

Flour Works, Kalyani nagar - Warm chicken salad, Vietnam cold coffee and fresh cookies.

Le Plaisir - Serves good food, but a little over priced.

Chillies (Phoenix mall) - Everything right from drinks to desserts.

Satkar Dining Hall, Sinhgad Road, - Sea food at affordable rate

Maratha Samrat, baner & Kothrud - Non-veg lovers haven

Salad Grills, Kalyani Nagar (Delivery Only) - When you feel like having healthy salads

Burger11 - Amazing burgers for mid-night hunger pangs

Also I would suggest all foodie Bhpians, to join Pune Eat Outs Group on Facebook to get update and reviews on new places in Pune. It a no non-sense group.
Old 5th January 2017, 10:25   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Try Supreme pavbhaji at canal road. That is the best so far for me. Their Pizzas are also not bad.
That reminds me. Here is my top 3 of over rated/ hyped places in Pune.
1. Vaishali, FC road
2. Supreme, JM road
3. Darshan, Prabhat road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Searched the thread but found no mention of "Falahaar". They serve some good Pav Bhaji & Sandwiches, apart from fruit juices and milk shakes.
They have, I guess, 3 outlets in Pune. Viman Nagar, Baner and probably Bibwewadi.
..Its a Veg only outlet.
Too far for me for a veg only outlet. I have planned a few times to go their Baner road outlet but then either ended up at Desi aroma or Rushhrs
The hunt for a fat sandwich continues

Meanwhile, also went to a few other places:
- Olympia kathi rolls, east street: awesome rolls and really vfm. Way better compared to Kapila. Highly recommended
- Kayani, east street - Brazilnut biscuits and mava cake. Yummy! Highly recommended
- Nisarg, off nal stop: Food was decent, but I found it overpriced. Also, found that the attitude of the guy taking the order was a bit condescending
- Kalinga - off Nal stop: Good quality food and they also customise your order according to dietary requirements. Neer dosa and chicken gassi are worth a mention. Though I dont know how authentic it is, it did taste good. Worth a visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Also I would suggest all foodie Bhpians, to join Pune Eat Outs Group on Facebook to get update and reviews on new places in Pune. It a no non-sense group.
Really? I am there too, but it seems more to promote specific places/ people. Also, half the posts seem to be for misal joints. I am open to be corrected though, so will wait and watch.

Last edited by selfdrive : 5th January 2017 at 10:32.
Old 6th January 2017, 02:10   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Really? I am there too, but it seems more to promote specific places/ people. Also, half the posts seem to be for misal joints. I am open to be corrected though, so will wait and watch.
Haha, I agree on the Misal point, as they say you can never take Misal out of any food discussion in Pune . And who doesn't love a good Misal with some buttermilk. But still I feel its a good page to get contacts for home-cooks and bakers as well as new places.
Old 31st January 2018, 08:36   #559
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I'm from Bangalore and would be in Pune just for a day. Any good places to eat that you guys can suggest between Pune airport and Pimpri-Chinchwad ? Would love to try Misal again, been so long!
Old 31st January 2018, 10:41   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Hello Guys,

I'm from Bangalore and would be in Pune just for a day. Any good places to eat that you guys can suggest between Pune airport and Pimpri-Chinchwad ? Would love to try Misal again, been so long!
Katakirr has new outlet on Dhole Patil Road (map). Good, very spicy misal!
Old 31st January 2018, 10:51   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Where in Pimpri Chinchwad? If you are in or around Pimple Saudagar, Katakirr has opened an outlet in the area. It is in Vision Galleria, on Kunal Icon Rd. Excellent Misal.
Old 31st January 2018, 10:58   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
some popular misal joints in PCMC that I can think of
Jayshree misal: opposite bajaj auto
Kavi misal: chinchwad gaon
Nevale misal: chinchwad gaon (one may need a bottle of gelusil later)
Mayur misal: Ravet

There are a few good eateries in Pradhikaran that my friends vouch for
Parathas: Delhi Swad
Baba ramdev dhaba for dal baati

what kind of food are you looking for; other than misal?

Last edited by selfdrive : 31st January 2018 at 10:59.
Old 31st January 2018, 17:04   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Katakirr has new outlet on Dhole Patil Road (map). Good, very spicy misal!
Thank you, kind sir! will check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Where in Pimpri Chinchwad? If you are in or around Pimple Saudagar, Katakirr has opened an outlet in the area. It is in Vision Galleria, on Kunal Icon Rd. Excellent Misal.
Thanks shipnil. Yes, I would be in and around Pimple Saudagar.

Quote:
what kind of food are you looking for; other than misal?
Thanks for your inputs, selfdrive. Anything which isn't South Indian food should be good as I'm with a European friend and she would like to try the local cuisine.
Old 31st January 2018, 17:42   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your inputs, selfdrive. Anything which isn't South Indian food should be good as I'm with a European friend and she would like to try the local cuisine.
Always welcome for fellow foodies

Baba ramdev dhaba may be a little off the cleanliness charts. So would Nevale misal. Katakirr is relatively cleaner. There is another talked about place for non veg thalis in PCMC called Bhairavi; though I havent been there myself.

As you will be near the airport, there are quite a few options in that area.
Surve's in Viman nagar - Maharashtrian non vegetarian thalis
Multiple branches of Panchavati Gaurav for pure veg thalis across the city
If you are around in the evening, there would be multiple rooftop options available; with various cuisines.
I would recommend looking up on zomato depending on your preferences. For suburbs near the airport, you could use Viman nagar, Bund Garden or Koregaon park areas.
Old 31st January 2018, 18:57   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Always welcome for fellow foodies

I would recommend looking up on zomato depending on your preferences. For suburbs near the airport, you could use Viman nagar, Bund Garden or Koregaon park areas.
Great! I shall check it out. Btw, zomato is one thing, a team bhpain advice is some other thing
Old 2nd April 2019, 15:25   #566
BHPian

Re: What are some iconic restaurants/eateries in your city?

Pune:
  1. Good Luck cafe
  2. vohuman cafe
  3. George Restaurant
  4. Dorabjee & Sons
  5. Burger King
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:53   #567
BHPian

Pune is a bustling city for different types of cuisines and this is evident from the FB groups which are vastly active. You can check a group called "Pune Eat Outs" (https://www.facebook.com/puneeatouts/) where people post about their experiences, any new places opening up as well as any offers which are up for grabs. They also have a card which was launched many years earlier to Zomato Gold where a member could avail discounts on good restaurants.
The group is so active, I was not able to find a special dessert which I had tried in Goa (serra dura) and the members helped me identify restaurants which sell it in a matter of hours.

In the meanwhile, my top picks for a vegetarian foodie are as below:
1) South Indian: Anna Idli (Baner), Vaishali (becoming inconsistent), Dravida's Bistro
2) Italian: Greens & Olives, Tales & Spirits, PBF (home delivery only), Dario's (great ambience), Spice Klub, Little Italy
3) Thali & Traditional: Sukanta, Hotel Poonam, Nanumal Bhojraj, R Bhagat Tarachand
4) Multi-cuisine: Kargo (KP), Abhishek (Erandwane), Vegeta (Bhandarkar Road)
5) Romantic: The Cliff (Manas Lake side), Smoke on the Water (Manas Lake), Trikaya (Bavdhan), Atmosphere 6 (Viman Nagar), World of Veg (Shivaji Nagar)

These are coming at the top of my mind right now.
Old 28th January 2020, 00:42   #568
BHPian

Bumping up this thread. Do try out "Yeti and the Monk" on the way from Spicer College to Pune IT Park. It is a small hotel next to HDFC Bank ATM. Cuisine is mostly Tibetan, Bhutanese. The Momos and Thukpa were really delicious.
Old 28th January 2020, 09:36   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Bumping up this thread. Do try out "Yeti and the Monk" on the way from Spicer College to Pune IT Park. It is a small hotel next to HDFC Bank ATM. Cuisine is mostly Tibetan, Bhutanese. The Momos and Thukpa were really delicious.
He also serves the best pork chops I have eaten in Pune, bar none. If you plan to order them anytime, better call in advance to book a plate, as they run out of stock pretty fast.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 28th January 2020, 10:24   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
He also serves the best pork chops I have eaten in Pune
I had pork dumplings. I saw the pork chops on the menu and he told me about pre-ordering them. Will definitely do so next time. Sticky Pork Ribs in Oblique Kitchen, Kothrud were really good as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks