Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 15:49   #241
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Pune

I tried the Burger Barn Cafe at NIBM road, it was ok, not that great. guess am stuck with the good 'ol Burger King taste!
I suggest the no-veg members to try & the kheema-pav at Dorabjee's, they serve it early mornings, & the taste is impeccable.
Old 30th January 2012, 16:07   #242
BHPian

Availed home delivery from Linger On, at Baner Road. Superb menu - authentic Continental/Mediterranean cuisine. One word of advice- be adventurous and do not try pizza.

Though would prefer to have it at the restaurant (have visited there sometime ago), as the ambiance just rocks. Must visit for families (bookshelves, packed with business and management books, magazines, board games, newspapers and COMICS(Asterix, Tintin)!).
Old 30th January 2012, 16:18   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Availed home delivery from Linger On, at Baner Road. Superb menu - authentic Continental/Mediterranean cuisine. One word of advice- be adventurous and do not try pizza.

Though would prefer to have it at the restaurant (have visited there sometime ago), as the ambiance just rocks. Must visit for families (bookshelves, packed with business and management books, magazines, board games, newspapers and COMICS(Asterix, Tintin)!).
Agreed! I work for Symantec and we get some 15% corporate discount at this place. Since I joined this company, we've been there 6 times and I have had very good experience everytime. I have tried everything from a pasta, sandwich, all sorts of deserts and the quality is pretty good. Service is great. Not too expensive, but not too cheap too.
Old 30th January 2012, 17:00   #244
BHPian

1. Rahul at Aundh and Shivaji nagar - must try patrani macchi (fish steamed in chutney in a leaf)

2. Delhi Kitchen at Aundh - north indian food at its best, take away and few table sitout, excellent catering also offered (have used their services multiple times, great guy to deal with - Mr.Rajan who owns the place)

3. Coconut Groove near railway station at the Ambedkar Bhavan signal - amazing mysore style non veg food, must try crab curry with neer dosa

4. Shangrila at Karve road - good place and good food

5. Rolls n Cafe at Sinhagad road near Santosh Hall signal - excellent veg and non veg rolls at very low price (pick up joint at best, has only 2 tables to sitout)

6. Shubhankar Veg at Sinhagad road near Indian Hume Pipes - excellent pithla bhakri, matki usal bhakri and great parathas (methi, gobi, paneer)

7. Panchavati Gaurav at bhandarkar road - VFM and good thali (mix of Gujrati, Maharashtrian and Marwadi), take away parcel of 1 thali can easily feed 2 elders and 1 kid !

8. Tiranga near paud road flyover - lost the original taste - spicy nonveg in marathi style

9. Manohar Dining at Mehendale Garage - VFM puneri/marathi veg food

10. Rutugandh Resort at Panshet road - excellent resort for 1 day picnic and or night out, food is great too if long drives are on the list which always are for all tbhpians (pre book online)

11. Banyan Tree near rajaram bridge on sinhagad road (near sinhagad chowpati) - great ambience and very good avadhi food on the menu (its a new place and actually has a banyan tree at the entrance, service is still developing )

Last edited by the-rare-one : 30th January 2012 at 17:08. Reason: more info recalled
the-rare-one is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2012, 22:58   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Pune food joints needs to have mention of Missal

as a northener, I desisted it earlier and now I just don't get tired of it

here are some good Misal joints to my knowledge

- Bedekar
- Hotel Ramnath, Tilak Road
- Shree Uphargruha, Sadashiv peth
- Vaidya Uphargruha, Raviwar peth
- Kata Kir on Karve road, opp Garware collage
- Shrikrishna misal At Tulshibag
- Badshahi restaurant at Tilak road
- Nevle, Chinchwad
- Sanjay Hotel, Saradwadi, Ranjangaon, Nagar Rd.
- Umbraj Hotel, Junnar
- Nisarg, Kalewadi Phata, Chinchwad

I came across another list which talks of Missal joints of Maharashta, do check out
I will be traveling from Mumbai to Goa on the 28th of Feb. Do you know of any good misal joints which are close to NH4?
Old 26th February 2012, 23:39   #246
BHPian

Hey guys,

I will be traveling from Mum-Goa on 28th Feb. Will leave at 5 am and will be taking the NH4 route. So will mostly be around pune for breakfast. Any suggestions on a place for good breakfast? Preferably Misal pav.

Cheers!
Old 27th February 2012, 09:36   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_ View Post
Hey guys, I will be traveling from Mum-Goa on 28th Feb. Will leave at 5 am and will be taking the NH4 route. So will mostly be around pune for breakfast. Any suggestions on a place for good breakfast? Preferably Misal pav.
If you don't want to enter Pune city, then there are lots of hotels on the highway in Khed Shivapur [approx 30 kms after the expressway ends] where you can have breakfast. Hotel Kailas [on the opp. side of the road, if you're traveling towards Goa] is supposed to serve good Misal Pav.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 27th February 2012, 20:57   #248
BHPian

Or if you can drive further, after wai phata, towards satara, there is a place called virangula. Authentic maharashtrian stuff, its very crowded - you'll be easily able to find it. Before wai, you can also stop at shirwal for some famous wada-pav.
Old 26th March 2012, 09:48   #249

Great Thread, some from my side

For Breakfast

In Camp, if you know Hanuman temple, go straight towards sharbarwala chowk, first right, its a no entry which leads you to RBS Bank, the moment you turn right, Opp Shoe World, where these sandwich walas stand in the evening, you will see a Parsi boy, yes you heard it right, a well dressed Parsi boy, who speaks fluent english stands with a hand cart and serves piping hot Idlies, Pohas, upmas etc, very clean. Price range Rs. 10 - 15. timing mornings 8.30am to 10am

Dhoklas

The Lane opposite Wonderland, there are 2 lanes, one which leads you the backside of Budhani Wafers, not that, its the Lane before that, you get one of the best and juciest dhoklas in Pune. Timings Evenings

Khakras

Opp to Chitale Bandhu Mithai Wale on Laxmi Road, is Kanta Ben, awesome khakras, try it out

Tea

You will lterally get drunk on this tea, makes you addicted, Ashok Tea House, this is exactly Opp to the octroi post in Dapodi

Last edited by LOKSIN : 26th March 2012 at 10:16.
Old 26th March 2012, 12:27   #250

Having guests at home and dont feel like cooking or the divine maid has ditched you again, dont worry, head straight for Siddharth, opp Nehru memorial hall in camp, Pav Bhaji minus the pav is available at Rs. 95/- per kg, get the Pavs from outside, then head straight for Bikaner Sev Bhandar, you will get pure desi Moong dal Halwa throughout the year (Last it was Rs. 220/- per kg).

Pretend you have made the pav bhaji yourself and enjoy your fame for some hours, you will have ladies drooling over you asking for recipe, a wise man will keep quiet.
Old 9th April 2012, 20:54   #251
Senior - BHPian

I am newbie in Pune, always wondered what so special about vaishali? is it over hyped? never been there though hence the question.

I have liked Wadeshwar in FC and Sarja in aundh till date.

Fountain in Pimple saudagar opp Park street is also Good.

Shiv sagar in aundh looks dated and is worse that Shiv sagar outlets elsewhere in country as far as ambience in concerned.

Ganesh bhel in baner is superb.

Mezza 9 is good , and so is KIVA TERMINUS.
Hyderabad House in Hinjewadi servers very good AROMA Chicken BIRYANI, try it out, its worth every penny.

Last edited by silverado : 9th April 2012 at 20:59.
Old 10th April 2012, 08:59   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I am newbie in Pune, always wondered what so special about vaishali? is it over hyped? never been there though hence the question.

Shiv sagar in aundh looks dated and is worse that Shiv sagar outlets elsewhere in country as far as ambience in concerned.

Hyderabad House in Hinjewadi servers very good AROMA Chicken BIRYANI, try it out, its worth every penny.
I guess its the location and heritage of Vaishali. Food wise its ok IMO.

Agree with Shiv Sagar ambience. Claustrophobic is the word. They serve decent Idlys though.

Fountain Inn is good. Their chinese menu was really good few years back.
Old 10th April 2012, 10:07   #253
BHPian

Tried "Rush Hrs" at Baner Road. Imaginative menu - stufflettes, sandwiches, burgers et al.
Much much better than McDonald's and healthier options as well. As the name suggests, a very quick service and good VFM too.
Old 10th April 2012, 11:47   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

Most of the place in Pune are over-hyped.
As C300 says its the location and heritage.

And as you know - a crowd pulls in more crowd.
Old 13th April 2012, 17:36   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone know if the new Mainland China at Aundh (Sanewadi, where Shukriya restaurant stood earlier). We drove up there a few nights ago but they said they'd not yet opened for business. Took my number but wanted to check if they are open so that I don't waste another trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks