Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2012, 21:15   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I can find out about the Aamras.
Was the hummus in the falafel any good? Would appreciate other recommendations for a good falafel in town.

I don't remember what I had, but I liked it (cost Rs. 99) and they accept Sodexo as well.
Old 21st May 2012, 15:06   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I can find out about the Aamras.
Was the hummus in the falafel any good? Would appreciate other recommendations for a good falafel in town.

Do they have a live kabab counter? Also, has someone been to both BBQ nation outlets? which one is recommended more?

wow, which office is this? I need to send you my CV, I am starving here
There are 3 in Pune now, one is at R Deccan the mall opposite deccan bus stop.
Their rates have been increased to 755 per head for dinner. I found it a bit too steep.
Was at deccan branch on friday night, and the food was good
Old 21st May 2012, 23:12   #288
BHPian

@selfdrive: I have tried all three BBQ outlets in Pune, and I found the Sayaji one the best, specifically in terms of the ambience. Food is pretty much the same everywhere.
Old 24th May 2012, 15:29   #289
BHPian

"Gavran" located adjacent to Forbes Marshall near Kasarwadi. Authentic and delicious non-veg but only for those who eat spicy (very very) food. This place is not a family place, its a drinking hole. The place has "khatiya" like dhaba. Ambience is not good but once u taste the food, you forget everything.
Old 24th May 2012, 17:08   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaf Petiwala View Post
Their rates have been increased to 755 per head for dinner. I found it a bit too steep.
Was at deccan branch on friday night, and the food was good
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
@selfdrive: I have tried all three BBQ outlets in Pune, and I found the Sayaji one the best, specifically in terms of the ambience. Food is pretty much the same everywhere.
Too expensive. And some of my friends had an encounter with a roach in their V'nagar branch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
"Gavran" located adjacent to Forbes Marshall near Kasarwadi. Authentic and delicious non-veg but only for those who eat spicy (very very) food. This place is not a family place, its a drinking hole. The place has "khatiya" like dhaba. Ambience is not good but once u taste the food, you forget everything.
Thanks bigwheelz! I have been looking for such a place in Pune for a long time. For the food and the 'ambience'. There used to be one we haunted in late 90s called Raanjaai at Wakad/ HJW chowk.
There was also one in Bangalore on Airport road near Domlur called Mookambika (Mooks, if anyone knows the place?!)
Old 25th May 2012, 09:45   #291
BHPian

[quote Thanks bigwheelz! I have been looking for such a place in Pune for a long time. For the food and the 'ambience'. quote]

And if one wants to take family out for similar food taste, there's "Aba cha Dhaba". In Chapekar Chowk, Chinchwad. Again nothing much for Veggies. The jowari bhakri is delicious.

Last edited by bigwheelz : 25th May 2012 at 09:46. Reason: grammar
Old 26th May 2012, 17:53   #292
BHPian

Tried a new restaurant "Salt" @balewadi phata today.
Good decor, great cuisine.
Had Korean burnt garlic rice and stuffed fish for main course n afghani tandoor for starter.
We dined at family lounge, there are some kiddies games n toys in a corner, my daughter enjoyed

Food, both taste n presentation 5/5
Cuisine coverage 5/5 (it's a pan Asian restaurant, but sans south Indian cuisine)
Service 2.5/5 ( a bit slow )
Ambience 3/5

After a long time had good Korean rice.
Old 29th May 2012, 17:53   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Apart from the many cities i have visted and stayed in, Pune is really disappointing when it comes to Punjabi food.

Almost everyone i asked and even here on this thread, people agree that great punjab at KP and Sigree ( I don't know where) are the best for Punjabi food.

So guys suggest me a place to go for punjabi food in Pune, the next time i am here.
Mother's Kitchen in Vishal Nagar near Aundh is a good place for authentic Punjabi food mixed with mother's Love I do mean it. The Uncle and Aunty there are such nice warm people that it feels a very personal exp to be around.

I love their food. Do try this. I frequent this place.
Old 21st June 2012, 11:05   #294
BHPian

There's a dhaba by the name - Bhajansingh ka dhaba - near toll booth on the old Mumbai-Pune highway, soon after the diversion for Expressway towards Mumbai. Had gone there with a few colleagues last Friday. Just one word: A-V-O-I-D.

Sour Lassi (we ordered Sweet)
Some weird looking koftas and very average taste (ordered for Veg. Maharaja)
Chicken was good (as told by my colleagues, as if there's any difference between good and bad chicken)
Slow service
Average-to-poor ambience

Better to drive a bit more (15-20 kilometers and pay toll) and have lunch at Sunny.
Old 28th July 2012, 10:23   #295

I was reading the Hyderabad Thread on Eating Joints, there are numerous posts on Haleem a delicacy quite popular, I never ever in life had tasted one.

On my way home, in the Rosary School Camp lane, the one which has Eddie's Kitchen and Gita Society, I happened to see a banner, "Haleem Rs. 50/- per plate, only parcel", I thought of taking a plate home to try it out, to be very frank I was disappointed, it looked like a thick liquid upma, tasted bland. The one in the Hyderabad thread, seems to be garnished with onions, pudina leaves and dry fruits, this one had nothing of that sort, maybe something wrong with the place from where I had got it from.
Old 20th September 2012, 12:09   #296
BHPian

Any suggestions for places serving good Kolhapuri food in Pune? How's "Purepur Kolhapur"? I think the HOMP guys had visited this place if I am not mistaken.
Old 20th September 2012, 12:30   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni_s View Post
Any suggestions for places serving good Kolhapuri food in Pune? How's "Purepur Kolhapur"? I think the HOMP guys had visited this place if I am not mistaken.
Purepur Kolhapur is pretty good IMO. But mind you that it serves only thali kind of food and a fixed menu. There is not much of an ala-carte. With most orders, the Tambda Russa (Red curry) and Padhara Russa (White Curry) are served unlimited.

I would recommend the gavran Chicken Thali or the Mutton Thali. These are usually the best at this place.
Old 20th September 2012, 14:23   #298
BHPian

Had been to Delhi Kitchen at Deep Bunglow Chowk (Model Colony) yesterday.

Awesome food.
Average service.
Reasonable prices.
Poor ambience.

Good place for bachelors and students.
Old 20th September 2012, 18:42   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni_s View Post
MH-09 on Baner Road near PanCard club is pretty decent in this aspect. Only negative is seating place is minuscule.
Old 20th September 2012, 20:00   #300
Senior - BHPian

Avoid Le Royale Hinjewadi like plague. We had a team lunch there last week and what followed was bad stomach and loose motions for many of us.

Most Viewed