Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2012, 09:50   #301
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Pune

You should definitely try out the Chello Kebab at George Restaurant (Camp). It's basically rice with butter & the BEST kebabs I've had till date, period.
The only downside is that they serve that particular dish only on Monday & Thursday's, so I had to skip office to get to lunch yesterday :o)
Old 21st September 2012, 10:19   #302
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Italy Live in Amanora Town Center. A very decent little place to have pastas and pizzas, but the taste they offer is brilliant! I highly recommend giving this place a try if you want to try Pastas.
Old 21st September 2012, 14:59   #303
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for authentic Punjabi food in a non KP/ Camp area?
I am looking for a good place in City/ Aundh/ Baner side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOKSIN View Post
I was reading the Hyderabad Thread on Eating Joints, there are numerous posts on Haleem a delicacy quite popular, I never ever in life had tasted one.
Hotel Diamond (next to Mahindra showroom) at beginning of East Street serves Haleem two days a week. Give that a try, though I dont remember if it had pudina or dry fruits
Old 21st September 2012, 15:12   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I don't know about Baner\Aundh, but there is a place in Wanowrie (Sunny Farms) on the Salunke Vihar road, bang opposite Reliance Mart or next to Patel's mutton shop.
They have the best Punjabi food I've tasted anywhere in Maharashtra. Although, they only do parcels. There is no place to sit & eat.
Old 21st September 2012, 15:13   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Great Punjab has an outlet on Baner Road (near Balewadi phata). NOT the one near Symantec which is more of a regular family restaurant. Have not been there but the KP one is nice, so assuming this will also be!
Old 21st September 2012, 15:14   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations for authentic Punjabi food in a non KP/ Camp area? I am looking for a good place in City/ Aundh/ Baner side.
Tarachand Bhagat on Laxmi Rd has really good Punjabi food, but I don't know if it's authentic or not. It's located on the 1st floor of a shopping complex opposite Commonwealth building.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 21st September 2012, 15:39   #307
BHPian

Tarachand bhagat on laxmi rd is branch of mumbai joint of same name. Not sure of authenticity of punjabi food. Probably people who have been to mumbai one can throw some light.
Old 21st September 2012, 15:43   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ Great Punjab has an outlet on Baner Road (near Balewadi phata). NOT the one near Symantec which is more of a regular family restaurant. Have not been there but the KP one is nice, so assuming this will also be!
Agree with Anoop. Great Punjab (next to Regalia) is a great place for Punjabi food. Recently, we had our team lunch at this place and all the food was pretty good. However, the place is very pricey. For instance, a chicken dum biryani costs ~400 per plate.
Old 21st September 2012, 15:55   #309
NMS
BHPian

Quote:

Hotel Diamond (next to Mahindra showroom) at beginning of East Street serves Haleem two days a week. Give that a try, though I dont remember if it had pudina or dry fruits

Why not try Makkhan Maar Ke at Baner !! That place also has some great food, not too good an ambience though.

Delhi Kitchen in Aundh is awesome !! No Ambience, however the food is fairly good.

Try Rangla Punjab on the Bangalore highway, its on the right side of the highway after crossing the sus/pashan exit. Decent food and Nice Dhaba type feel !!

For Kolhapuri Food: Anyone tried Kaveri Dhaba at Wagholi Yet? I have tried Purepur Kolhapur and Kaveri! Kaveri is ahead by leaps and bounds. However not the best place when it comes to Ambiance.

I had Haleem at a place called "Pride of Hyderabad" It is on the road that goes in from Lal Deval. That place has some good Hyderabadi food.

For Seafood, I prefer Coconut Groove as compared to Mahesh Lunch Home. It is located at MalDhakka Chowk.

A relatively new place that I have heard of recently in Kalyani Nagar is Marrakesh. Apparently the chicken over there is to die for!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by noopster : 21st September 2012 at 17:55. Reason: Refer mod note in post
Old 21st September 2012, 17:17   #310
Senior - BHPian

Where exactly is Fantasy Milk Shakes ? I'm not getting it on Google Maps !
Old 21st September 2012, 17:26   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post

A relatively new place that I have heard of recently in Kalyani Nagar is Marrakesh. Apparently the chicken over there is to die for!!
Marrakesh is a perennial favorite, great lebanese and Indian tandoori. Tried a lot of other lebanese food places, Marrakkesh is great.

Would you have the location of Kaveri Dhaba? possibly on Google maps or Wikimapia ? Will help highly.

Thanks.
Old 21st September 2012, 17:31   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For Kolhapuri Food: Anyone tried Kaveri Dhaba at Wagholi Yet? I have tried Purepur Kolhapur and Kaveri! Kaveri is ahead by leaps and bounds. However not the best place when it comes to Ambiance.

There is one outlet of Kaveri at Chandani Chowk. Bang at the junction. I heard from a friend who is a HUGE fan of Kaveri, that both places rock, but still the one at Wagholi is the best.
Old 21st September 2012, 17:52   #313
BHPian

Quote:
I had Haleem at a place called "Pride of Hyderabad" It is on the road that goes in from Lal Deval. That place has some good Hyderabadi food.

For Seafood, I prefer Coconut Groove as compared to Mahesh Lunch Home. It is located at MalDhakka Chowk.
Both the Places are my all time favourites.

Qubani ka Meetha, a hyderabadi sweet, is to die for at Pride of Hyderabad. Do try this next time you visit.

Mahesh Lunch Home is overpriced and overhyped IMO. Coconut groove offers great seafood
Old 24th September 2012, 11:58   #314
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
Would you have the location of Kaveri Dhaba? possibly on Google maps or Wikimapia ? Will help highly.

Thanks.

There you go, this is the wikipamia link for Kaveri !!
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=18.57727&l...3&z=19&l=0&m=b

Happy Eating !!

Last edited by noopster : 24th September 2012 at 12:46. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 6th October 2012, 08:07   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to Cafe Bay Leaf at the Holiday Inn (on bypass highway between balewadi stadium and Hinjewadi) after reading this rave review in the Times.

What was I thinking? It is the ToI and a rave review can mean only one thing: someone paid for the space. Lost all respect for Karen Anand after this.

The buffet spread was vast but the food was very average. Overpriced too (549/- plus taxes) but I guess OK for a 5*. Ambience was very dull: we had a "pool view" that was truly awful. There was hardly anybody there on a public holiday (find it hard to believe that "hundreds of IT professionals walk in" on a regular weekday). The bread was stale and you could smell the rancid oil on it. Even the desserts- usually the saving grace of any 5* buffet- were strictly average.

We got excellent service, though, which was nice. But I would rate this much lower than Courtyard mariott in the same vicinity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks