Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2017, 18:13   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Why I think the Flying Car should debut in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
Did you see the news item about a flying car, revealed by Kitty Hawk, a Silicon Valley startup funded by Google's founder, Larry Page ?

I now petition Kitty Hawk that the best place in the world to launch it first would be Bangalore.

PS : BHPians are requested to add their reasons why Bangalore should be the launchpad so that Kitty Hawk is thoroughly convinced.
Dilli Association of Uddan Khatolas
Tyrewali Galli nos 3
Chandini Chowk

Hon'ble Sir,

We the members of the Dilli Association of Uddan Khatolas are deeply upset with your suggestion of Bangalor being the first destination for the Kitty Hawk flying cars. Sirjee Uddan Khatolas have been part of north India folklore for centuries and we have been waiting for this moment ever since Hari Putter, arre you know apna Hari Putter, went flying in his uncle's car.

Sirjee, Dilli has much justification to be the pioneer destination. Firstly we have more cars than all the mofussil towns put together (Bambai, Madras, Bangalor and Kalkatta ji). Secondly jee we invented the "stop in the middle of the road and fight" mode. Why road sir we will stop anywhere and fight. Then jee we are more aggressive and are the original inventors of teri tuo...And finally sir rest of the country believes ki Dilli Wallah hawa mein hi baat karte hain.

Official application in triplicate follows to vote Hamari Dilli for Kitty Hawk's uddan khatola.

Very truly yours,
V.Narayan
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
With all due respect, I disagree.

Moreover, there are a couple of research reports that have concluded that driving/riding over these road humps and potholes aid digestion and reduce constipation.
Samartcat jee, what is this new invention. We are jealous that you bangloreans get free stomach massage and digestion aids and we Dilli wallahs have to spend money on Hajmola and Isabgol. I shall ask our beloved CM Shri Kejriwalled to hold a dharna on this.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 27th April 2017 at 18:17.
Old 28th April 2017, 14:56   #17
BHPian

How much mileage can we expect from this, in highway and city traffic?

And, more importantly, are the wings big enough to accommodate sporty spoilers?

Note to honourable govt. of Bharat: you can use these flying cars to home deliver petrol to VIPs in their remote farm houses.
Old 28th April 2017, 18:19   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What I am not clear is how two drivers who have banged each other will fight. Current practice, which is almost a holy covenant is that you stop right there, get out and hurl the choicest abuse on the other guy. You cannot move even 1 mtr from the spot (ie move to the side of the road) before fighting. How this will be done mid air in the future scenario requires deep thought.....
No thought required, current congenital habits will suffice.

Assuming there's no vehicular damage (as is often the case), both idiots can stop right where the bump happens (as they're used to), put their steeds in 'hover mode' (the side stand/handbrake brethren of flying stuff), and duke it out on the spot. For scenarios where cursing won't suffice and hand-to-hand combat is necessary, jet packs to the rescue, which would be the hottest accessory invented by some enterprising chap and fixed up using jugaad by the local tinkering chap who couldn't tell sellotape from insulation tape if his life depended on it.

Sorted!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th April 2017 at 18:27.
Old 29th April 2017, 08:44   #19
BHPian

Wow. The brilliant additions and counter suggestions, including the very proper letter from the Dilli Association (all three copies received, but rejected on the grounds that Arvindkatakshan can't speak Hindi) have been taken note of by the authorities as deeply detrimental to public health. Doctors have been inundated with calls as to how to deal with acute bellyache provoked by extreme laughter !

As this thread is in the Shifting Gears section, there isn't a Thank You button. Thanking all contributors for adding to general mirth and taking pot shots at Bangalore.

Let the fun continue.
Old 29th April 2017, 15:32   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... including the very proper letter from the Dilli Association (all three copies received, but rejected on the grounds that Arvindkatakshan can't speak Hindi)
Praajji, we Dilli wallahs never say die. Letter follows in Kannada, Tamil and binary code Thank you for a delightful thread. When visiting Dilli you are always welcome home for garam garam aadrak ki chai and samosa (ginger tea and Samosas). If you pen a third rip roaring thread I'll treat you to jalebis too.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 29th April 2017 at 15:35.
Old 1st May 2017, 15:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
1,The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) of USA has awarded life time contract to BBMP for maintainance of Runways for all civil airports across US.

2,Pentagon is on the verge of awarding a similar contract to BBMP for maintaining Runways of Airports belonging to USAF including Area 51.

3,The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has recommended BBMP to all the members of EU & NATO for upgrading and Runway maintenance.

4,German govt has given life term contract to BBMP for upgrading and maintaining Autobahn.

5,NASA has approved BBMP as a vendor to maintain all the 10 field centers including Kennedy space center.
This is why flying cars should make their debut and permanent base in Bengaluru and nowhere else.
Old 1st May 2017, 21:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

(On a serious note), a flying car - and that too electric- has made its first flight last week.

https://lilium.com/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks