Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2022, 09:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

^^ I had booked an Indane cylinder on 7th evening and got confirmation that invoice was generated for Rs 1015.50, but when I paid through another link I received, I was charged Rs 965.50 only. So what happens now? I suppose they will demand Rs 50 cash while delivering the cylinder.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 09:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ I had booked an Indane cylinder...
? I suppose they will demand Rs 50 cash while delivering the cylinder.
Simple answer - yes. Happened to me yesterday.

And yes - they held back the cylinder. Delivery guy claimed it was because he was on leave!

Last edited by mvadg : 8th May 2022 at 09:19.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 09:29   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

I’m little amazed that cylinder @1000 is making news now. In Ranchi, the normal domestic 14.2kg cylinder has been retailing at Rs. 1007/- since quite some months now. After this hike, I’m sure it has surpassed 1100 mark at least in places in JH.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 14:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
^^ I had booked an Indane cylinder on 7th evening and got confirmation that invoice was generated for Rs 1015.50, but when I paid through another link I received, I was charged Rs 965.50 only. So what happens now? I suppose they will demand Rs 50 cash while delivering the cylinder.
I don't book gas very often. When I tried to book a cylinder on the HP gas app, it gave me an error saying there was a cylinder booking already pending! According to the agency, "the government is booking cylinders" because you have not booked a cylinder in 3 or 4 months!

Wonder what type of new scam this is.
Attached Images

mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 15:04   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
I don't book gas very often. When I tried to book a cylinder on the HP gas app, it gave me an error saying there was a cylinder booking already pending! According to the agency, "the government is booking cylinders" because you have not booked a cylinder in 3 or 4 months!

Probably the dealer making a quick buck by selling domestic cylinders(cheaper) to non-domestic users at profit.

Happened to me once.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 15:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post

If you don't book at least one refill in six months, your consumer number can go inactive. Then you will have to visit the dealer and give an explanatory letter to revalidate it.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 11:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

OT-

Piped gasline is really a boon.
Before that we use to have a usage of atleast 3 cylinders in a month. After getting the Gas pipeline we get a bill between 1400-2100 for 2 months ón an average. Saves lots of money and extremely convenient.
Old 5th June 2022, 11:12   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you don't book at least one refill in six months, your consumer number can go inactive. Then you will have to visit the dealer and give an explanatory letter to revalidate it.
And they’ll send the agent to the home to check if the safety’s alright, a proper gas stove is in place, the tubing etc. It’s a headache!

Since I stay alone, a cylinder lasts more than 6 months and therefore, I pay my maid to get the refill.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 12:53   #39
BHPian

Re: The Domestic Gas / LPG Price Thread

Learnt of a new rule that limits the supply per connection to a max of 15 cylinders or 213Kgs per year. And if there's a need beyond this, then was suggested to get a new connection. There's little clarity on what the year corresponds to, whether its Financial year or calendar year.
Apparently, this is to prevent misuse or black-marketing. Fail to understand how thats possible when there's no subsidy involved.
Old 6th February 2023, 13:17   #40
BHPian

In Delhi, the price of Indane domestic LPG Gas Cylinder is Rs. 1,053.
Old 6th February 2023, 22:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque View Post
Fail to understand how thats possible when there's no subsidy involved.
Commercial cooking gas is considerably expensive. I would assume this is to prevent cases where people use domestic/non-commercial gas cylinders for commercial purposes (like restaurants probably).
Old 6th February 2023, 22:20   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque View Post
Learnt of a new rule that limits the supply per connection to a max of 15 cylinders or 213Kgs per year. And if there's a need beyond this, then was suggested to get a new connection. There's little clarity on what the year corresponds to, whether its Financial year or calendar year.
Apparently, this is to prevent misuse or black-marketing. Fail to understand how thats possible when there's no subsidy involved.
It's a calender year limit.

Many small street side food vendors use domestic LPG cylinders sold in black. Most house holds do not need more than 6 cylinders an year. So 15 per year limit is more than sufficient with still scope of black market sells. We use around 5 cylinders in an year. The cylinder delivery guy asked me to book more cylinders so that he can sell it in Black and in return give me 500 bucks per cylinder. Lol. Of course I declined.

Most Viewed