Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2017, 20:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Domestic Gas / LPG Price Thread

Dear Mods:

I searched the forum for a thread on this topic, but couldn't find one and hence created one. If this is found to be inappropriate, please delete and accept my apology for the same.

The intend of this thread is to track the change in domestic use gas prices, which also seem to follow the fuel prices trend, but do not move up or down in relation to how the fuel moves. today, the cost of petrol and diesel have marginally gone up but the cost of a domestic HP gas cylinder without subsidy in Bangalore last week was Rs.750. the same when checked today was Rs.640. there was no news about this reduction in the news papers either.

We can use this thread to track changes so that it would help people to book when the cost isn't high.
dass is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 14:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Domestic Gas / LPG Price Thread

The price as of yesterday was Rs.561. It was the same before the 15th of the month and after it as well. I am not sure if they follow the same trends like the fuel prices.

This is for HP gas in Bangalore.
Old 19th June 2017, 16:19   #3
BHPian

I think GST will make it costlier, but yeah, it is in the 560 range right now. I am talking about domestic Indane cylinder without Aadhaar-linked subsidy.

Last edited by yatin : 19th June 2017 at 16:20.
Old 19th June 2017, 18:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatin View Post
I think GST will make it costlier,
Good point, I did not think about it. Any idea what s the % of taxes on domestic gas that GST has bucketed it into? I think GST is making all the necessary commodities costlier.
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatin View Post
I think GST will make it costlier,.
I think you got this right, the cost has gone up marginally to Rs. 568. The GST on LPG is 5%, I wonder what was it before GST.
Old 4th July 2017, 16:51   #6
BHPian

Today's price for HP is 550 INR at Dombivli Dist: Thane.

Got 5 INR discount for online payment.

I paid through credit card and GST made it 551.43 INR. (550 - 5 disc. + 5.45 credit card charges + 0.98 GST)

Effective price for the day would be 545 INR, if paid through netbanking.

Last edited by yoscenario2000 : 4th July 2017 at 16:55. Reason: numbers corrected
Old 27th November 2018, 16:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up an old thread. The cost of a domestic cylinder from Hp is slowly inching towards the 1k mark. This is a substantial increase over the last year or so.
Old 27th November 2018, 17:43   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I got one last sunday for Rs 999 plus tip extra, it is already 1K+. (Indane)
Old 1st December 2018, 13:45   #9
BHPian

Got an indane delivery today - 97X + 40 (tips/delivery/whatever).

I think the piped gas connection would be lot better compared to these cylinders that we need to keep track of. Quite a few apt. complexes in B'lore have been getting them recently. Not sure though if a fire/accident in one apartment will find a way to spread to other apts as well - that would be a big hazard!
Old 1st December 2018, 14:25   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post

I think the piped gas connection would be lot better compared to these cylinders that we need to keep track of. Quite a few apt. complexes in B'lore have been getting them recently. Not sure though if a fire/accident in one apartment will find a way to spread to other apts as well - that would be a big hazard!
Actually, there is a price cut of around Rs. 134/- applicable from today on non-subsidized cylinders and Rs. 6/- on subsidized ones. If billed today, you should have gotten it for 8XX.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/66883598.cms
Old 1st December 2018, 15:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post

I paid 944 + tips a couple of weeks ago.

Our complex is getting piped natural gas from GAIL next year. We've been told that it's a lot safer than LPG.
Old 1st December 2018, 15:51   #12
BHPian

Bought a cylinder for 946 + tips last week. Should have waited for the expected price cut, as fuel prices is falling since the last month.

What is the frequency of price adjustments in case of LPG?
Old 1st December 2018, 16:34   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
complex is getting piped natural gas from GAIL next year. We've been told that it's a lot safer than LPG.
My overall assessment is that it's certainly better to have a piped gas (LPG or NG).

Only concern is about that pyromaniac idiot that may indulge in entertaining his dimwit by indulging in some arson around the pipelines! I recall there was thread on some vengeful setting of vehicles on fire as an act of mistaken identity - the cctv footage showed gas pipelines close to the fire!

How is the fire self-contained and auto-localized in those cases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Actually, there is a price cut of around Rs. 134/- applicable from today on non-subsidized cylinders and Rs. 6/- on subsidized ones. If billed today, you should have gotten it for 8XX.
Oh, good to know. Will have to check the bill to see the date stamp.

It is most likely of yesterday since they attempted a delivery but no one was home - This in spite of our repeated requests for Saturday delivery only. Have even filled in some online request for this and IIRC, they charge some 50/- extra for this (dis)service!

A good thing I've noticed - Earlier the time between cylinder booking and delivery used to be about 2-weeks; now it has come down to 3-days!
Old 11th January 2019, 19:17   #14
BHPian

My LPG cylinder that was booked yesterday was delivered today. The present cost of cylinder is Rs 660/- in Mumbai.
Old 18th March 2021, 22:41   #15
BHPian

Re: Petrol price crosses Rs. 90 / litre in Mumbai, diesel at Rs. 80

I came to know recently that government had stopped subsidising the household lpg cylinder. The delivery boy told that this happened two/three months back.

From what I remember, 12 cylinders per year per family were subsidised. Did that change recently?

Thanks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th March 2021 at 22:55. Reason: Not OT anymore! :)

Most Viewed