Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2017, 20:09   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Warhammer anyone?

I was wondering if the game Warhammer was known in India at all? I don’t think I have ever come across it.

Both my boys were into Warhammer big time when they were in their teens.

From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warham...ntasy_(setting)

Quote:
Warhammer Fantasy is a high fantasy fictional universe created by Games Workshop and used in many of its games, including the table top wargame Warhammer Fantasy Battle, the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (WFRP) pen-and-paper role-playing game, and the MMORPG Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

Warhammer is notable for its "dark and gritty" background world, which featured a culture similar in appearance to Early Modern Germany crossed with Tolkien's Middle-earth. "Chaos" was central to the setting, as the forces of Chaos are unceasingly attempting to tear the mortal world asunder. The world itself was populated with a variety of races such as humans, high elves, dark elves, wood elves, dwarfs, undead, orcs, lizardmen, and other creatures familiar to many fantasy/role-playing settings.
Our son Thomas, who is 28, is still very much into Warhammer. The other day mw wife and me took him to Nottingham, UK to visit the Warhammer HQ where they also have the so called Warhammerworld. In essence a huge exhibition, enormous shop and a huge area where everybody can come and play Warhammer.

It was interesting to see that there were both boys and girls, men and women alike from 8 years up to way into their thirties. All very happy playing their games. I must admit I don’t even begin to understand the rules. I’s very complicated and involved rolling 10-20 dices in one go.

The exhibition is absolutely fascinating. Even if you are not into this sort of games, for anybody into modelling, this stuff is just fantastic and some of the painting is just out of this world.

Have a look at some of these pictures I took of the displays. Enjoy!

Jeroen

Warhammer anyone?-p5062954.jpg

Warhammer anyone?-p5062964.jpg

Warhammer anyone?-p5062974.jpg

Warhammer anyone?-p5062993.jpg

Warhammer anyone?-p5062995.jpg

Warhammer anyone?-p5063029.jpg

Warhammer anyone?-p5063030.jpg

Warhammer anyone?-p5063038.jpg

Warhammer anyone?-p5063041.jpg

Warhammer anyone?-p5063044.jpg

Warhammer anyone?-p5063045.jpg