Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2006, 16:59   #1
BANNED

Bangalore residential properties

Attention fellow BHP'ians from Bangalore-

I am looking at residential real estate in Bangalore.
Since I am from Mumbai, I am clueless as to where to begin my research. I would like the airport and hospital to be in close proximity.

What might my options be?
Who are Bangalore's most credible builders?
Old 5th November 2006, 17:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Who are Bangalore's most credible builders?
They have to be Prestige, Mantri and Purvankara.
Old 5th November 2006, 17:50   #3
BANNED

Thanks, Nikhil.
Since I am a family man, I am looking for an ideal place/safe environment to raise a family. Would you be aware of some places?
Old 5th November 2006, 18:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

I'd disagree. The best builders in Bangalore are Adarsh, Sobha, and IBC. Their projects, and their committment to existing clients, speak volumes.

Try this: http://www.adarshdevelopers.com/proj...t/retreat.HTML

About fifteen minutes from both the airport, and hospitals.g
Old 5th November 2006, 18:51   #5
BANNED

@ v1p3r : What specific areas of Bangalore should I be looking at, in terms of a safe neighbourhood and airport/hospital proximity?
Old 5th November 2006, 18:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

You should look at Indiranagar, Whitefield, Sarjapur Road...these are pretty close to the airport and some good hospitals.

I should think guys who live in other parts of town could also recommend some places.
Old 5th November 2006, 19:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Indiranagar, Whitefield, Sarjapur Road ...prices are these places are unbeliveable ...40+

Tell us what price you are looking and we can suggest accordingly.
Old 5th November 2006, 19:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, true, not too cheap, but then we can't move the aiport.

Not for a few years atleast
Old 5th November 2006, 19:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
I'd disagree. The best builders in Bangalore are Adarsh, Sobha, and IBC. Their projects, and their committment to existing clients, speak volumes.

Try this: http://www.adarshdevelopers.com/proj...t/retreat.HTML

About fifteen minutes from both the airport, and hospitals.g

Actually all the tier 1 builders are equally good. They are

- Mantri
- Adarsh
- Sobha
- Prestige
- Brigade
- Purvankara

They all have their strengths and challenges. All of them have their websites which are resonably uptodate.

luvjascha,

The new airport that's coming up, is in North Bangalore while the current one is in East. All areas of Bangalore has good schools and North, South and East have good hospitals as well (don't know of any big hospitals in West bangalore)

Bangalore real estate varies a lot depending on the area (just like all other cities). In my opinon Indiranagar is the best (and also the most expensive). Apartment rates can go up to approx 7500 per sqft.

The area which is witnessing most action these days is the Sarjapur Road-Outer Ring road area. Sohba has most number of apartments there so check out sobha's website. The rates are around 2500 per sqft.

Are you looking at investment or wanna move in yourself ?
Old 5th November 2006, 20:07   #10
Team-BHP Support

Since was was looking at selling until recently, I can tell you the prices on ORR.
If you go for Tier 1 builders, outer ring road near intel will cost you around 55Lac+ registeration(1600 sqft 3 bhk).
Small builder flats retail around 40-45 lac for the same area.
Old 5th November 2006, 20:46   #11
BANNED

Thanks guys for the invaluable information. This is exactly what I was looking for.
I think 40 would be the magic number here. Another factor I am curious to learn about, is the outgoing's each month on newer apartments.

Indiranagar seems like the best choice, but prices are way up there. I think I might want to look at Sarjapur Road.
Old 6th November 2006, 00:22   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha
Thanks guys for the invaluable information. This is exactly what I was looking for.
I think 40 would be the magic number here. Another factor I am curious to learn about, is the outgoing's each month on newer apartments.

Indiranagar seems like the best choice, but prices are way up there. I think I might want to look at Sarjapur Road.
If you want to go to a tier 1 builder near Sarjapur road the price will be around 40L for a 12-1250sqft apartment.
If you take 40L loan you are looking at something like 38000/month EMI to the bank
Old 6th November 2006, 11:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

It also depends on where you will be working since the traffic in bangalore is a killer. If your office is in Sarjapur, whitefield or Diamond district, tehn these areas should be fine.

In whitefield, you can get a good 2 BHK 1250 sq feet for about 36 L. I have just bought one there. Feel free to PM me in case you want info on some good brokers or some apartments, since I have seen quite a few.

As reg outgoings, apart from your EMI, you are looking at about 1500 PM for maintenance for a complex that has facilities like swimming pool, gym etc.
Old 6th November 2006, 13:48   #14
BHPian

The new airport will be in North Bangalore from early-mid 2008. PM me if you are looking for an apartment in Yelahanka - North Bangalore - close to the expressway that goes to the new airport. I have a 2 bedroom apartment for sale in a good complex getting ready in a couple of months. But, as Himanshu said, locate yourself close to your work-place since traffic in Bangalore is a killer.

It may be easier to travel to spend time travelling to the airport a couple of times in a month than spending 3 hours in traffic each day.

You can find decent hospitals in most areas in Bangalore

Outgoings will be about 1.25-2 per sft per month.

Last edited by Wheeliej : 6th November 2006 at 13:50.
Old 6th November 2006, 13:54   #15
Team-BHP Support

Since you are new to the city, why jump in property as a novice. Stay on rent for a year or so.
See all locations, builders and choose what you like, and then buy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks