Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2021, 12:40   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Are the handrests detachable, or a single modular piece passing through the backrest edges?

I'm looking to get something with ventilated and firm surfaces, and this looks great.
There is a screw that looks like it is meant to detach the hand rests.
I am assuming the hand rests can be detached because they are also selling a version without hand rests.

You might have an exposed hole once you remove the hand rests. The version without hand rests seems to have a cap.
I suggest you give them a call, they were quite helpful and guided me to the local dealer where I could demo the chairs.
This was for Hyderabad though, I can share details of the Hyderabad dealer if it helps.
cooldude1988765 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 18:21   #257
BHPian

My nephew is set to join his first job as a associate software engg. in a mnc. He will get rs18,000 to set up his office at home. He is looking for a chair under 10k. He will be working from 8 am to 5 pm. Anything in that range will be helpful.
Old 23rd August 2021, 17:24   #258
Senior - BHPian

Reading all the good reviews about the Featherlite Liberate Mesh Fabric (High), I went and took the plunge today. Its an expensive chair (in my view) and was slightly over my budget. But they were running decent offers on Flipkart today; I got mine for INR 15.7K with a Kotak 10% discount.
Old 23rd August 2021, 19:05   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Finally got my chair about a month after placing the order. Here is a picture as promised.
Congratulations. Great choice. Steelcase Think is a brilliant home office chair. BTW, was this a custom order? The combination looks fab!

Here's mine ...

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-steelcase_think2.jpg

Last edited by pannags : 23rd August 2021 at 19:08.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 19:44   #260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Congratulations. ...

BTW, was this a custom order?
Thank you. Yes, this was a custom order. My colleague and I ordered one each, both custom specced. His in fact might be quite similar to the look of your chair going by the specs sheet he had listed although I haven't seen it in person.

Mine was with following specs.
1. Frame: Platinum silver finish for frames, arms and base
2. Castors: For non carpet.
3. 3D Knit back: Malt 5066
4. Seat upholstery: Fabric Khaki Green 68005

His was with following specs.
1. Frame: Platinum silver finish for frames, arms and base
2. Castors: For carpet.
3. 3D Knit back: Nickel 5093
4. Seat upholstery: Fabric Light grey 66008
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 20:20   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Got this bad boy yesterday and I have nothing but all the nice things to say about this comfy chair from Featherlite. I had considered Liberate and Optima as well but nothing matched to comfort offered by Helix HB. Highly recommended

Hi, I'm considering Helix HB. Can you please let me know if the seat(on which thighs rest) can be moved back and forth?
Old 29th August 2021, 20:51   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
Hi, I'm considering Helix HB. Can you please let me know if the seat(on which thighs rest) can be moved back and forth?
I have recently purchased Helix HB. There is setting thru which seat can be moved slightly forward. I have not used it much once I set it to a position.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 20:53   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I have recently purchased Helix HB. There is setting thru which seat can be moved slightly forward. I have not used it much once I set it to a position.
Thanks. I called up featherlite store in Gurgaon. They mentioned a waiting until October end. Where did you buy it from? I currently see it available for 25k at Amazon!
Old 29th August 2021, 21:19   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, mine doesn’t move back and forth. Arm rest moves inward and outward though.
Old 29th August 2021, 22:04   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I called up featherlite store in Gurgaon. They mentioned a waiting until October end. Where did you buy it from? I currently see it available for 25k at Amazon!
I bought it from Amazon.. Was delivered to me in blr directly by Featherlite..

Quote:
Hello, mine doesn’t move back and forth. Arm rest moves inward and outward though.
See this official video for the seat sliding adjustmet..

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st March 2024 at 20:36. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 3rd September 2021, 14:51   #266
Senior - BHPian

So I'm the poor one on this thread. I don't want to spend more than 7-8k for a comfortable office chair and the ones available locally are all show, typical boss chairs with zero lumbar support.

I never thought I'd buy a chair online but amazon has some amazing reviews for a few chairs, one being https://www.amazon.in/Green-Jupiter-...591676031&th=1

From the reviews it looks like this is the chair for me but it'd be great to hear what the experts think, thanks!
Old 3rd September 2021, 15:06   #267
Senior - BHPian

You can also check Amazonbasics mid back mesh chair and it costs around 6500. There lot of youtube reviews available.
Old 3rd September 2021, 15:46   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
So I'm the poor one on this thread. I don't want to spend more than 7-8k for a comfortable office chair and the ones available locally are all show, typical boss chairs with zero lumbar support.
The chair in this post seems to be a decent one, in a reasonable budget. Current price shown is ~ INR 6700/-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post5013676 (Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support)

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 3rd September 2021 at 15:47.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 20:24   #269
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
There is a B2B website called MOGLIX, which offers office chairs at wholesale prices. Not sure about quality or origin of these products (I've not purchased anything from this website yet).
https://www.moglix.com/high-living-e...msn2vvrozzffc9

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-screenshot_1.jpg

List of other executive chairs available at mouth watering prices:
https://www.moglix.com/brands/high-l...airs/214194140

MOGLIX is apparently a Ratan Tata backed e-commerce website with valuation of over billion dollars - so it should be safe enough to shop online
https://startuptalky.com/moglix-success-story/

Gents: if anybody decides to purchase from MOGLIX, keep us informed about shopping experience and quality/comfort of the chair.

Last edited by SmartCat : 3rd September 2021 at 20:26.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 21:07   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Yes the seat base does slide by a small margin. I got this Helix HB around Nov,2020 after sugesstions here on this very thread and its been great till now. The sheer number of adjustable options(seat base, 4D arm-rest, lower back support etc) makes things very comfortable.

Only thing non-adjustable is the headrest which is strange IMO in a chair where everything else can be altered. With my height 5'7" it works out fine though. Here are the posts from back then during the purchase process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
So I managed to pay a visit to featherlite showroom today. Helix HB indeed is great all rounder. And my company has a tie-up with featherlite for employees which makes us eligible for a 14% discount on online purchase. Would cost me 20.2k post discount...

Liked the liberate hb as well & that would cost me 12.4k post discount. But compared to Helix it lacks adjustable seat base,4D armrest, adjustable lumbar support. Even the seat back mesh quality looks better in Helix. I will mostly bite the bullet & stretch to the Helix HB...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Update: Finally bit the bullet and booked Featherlite Helix HB online.

Attachment 2086286
Quote:
Its 22.3k in flipkart right now and further 5% can be shaved off with AXIS credit cards making it effectively ~21k. Good value at that price.

Last edited by SoumenD : 3rd September 2021 at 21:37.

Most Viewed