Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2022, 11:22   #301
Team-BHP Support

Re: Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I've already been stung by Herman Miller. It seemed wonderful in the shop, and I did spend quite a lot of time there, but never really got comfortable in it at home, Nearly 1 lakh wasted!
Big fan of Herman! did you got yourself Embody or Aeron? For me, Aeron though cheaper over Embody, is far more comfortable. All of our offices have Herman since 2016 and no one has ever complained with a back-pain.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 16:21   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Big fan of Herman! did you got yourself Embody or Aeron? ...
Embody. And it does not work for me. I'm sure Aeron is more comfortable, as well as costing a lot less!

In the end, though, I need a high-back chair with a head rest: I spend too much time lounging! And I am not keen on too much mesh: it vastly increases my exposure to mosquitoes.
Old 30th June 2022, 20:49   #303
BHPian

Can someone please tell me how to remove the seat of the chair from the base?
I have a featherlite astro.The installation was easy but am not able to figure out the uninstallation.
I want to remove the seat from the base below(not remove the cylinder)
Attached Thumbnails
Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-img_20220630_200128__01.jpg  

Old 30th June 2022, 20:57   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Can someone please tell me how to remove the seat of the chair from the base?
I have a featherlite astro.The installation was easy but am not able to figure out the uninstallation.
I want to remove the seat from the base below(not remove the cylinder)
The seat base is usually just placed on top of the hydraulic cylinder and fits in.

So to remove it you have to invert the chair, and hit at the metallic base of seat (look at strongest point) using a hammer (through a cloth or wooden mallet to avoid marks) so that base comes out of hydraulic cylinder top.
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 02:37   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Let me see if I have that number or if he still is in that business (lockdowns have affected all businesses).
Wanted to check if your contact for Aeron is still selling them. I would love a used Aeron!
I bought one a couple of years back at the start of lockdown, but it has been commandeered by my wife :P and I rarely get to use it now, so in the market for another good ergonomic chair.
Old 24th July 2022, 19:57   #306
Senior - BHPian

For people confused between the umpteen varieties of chairs available at Featherlite, here is my perosnal feedback after trying out their chairs at the showroom and usage at home. For people who are not particular about funky lumbar support and want a no non-sense but still ergonomic and comfortable chair, then "Amaze" is the most VFM. Only minor issue I found after few months of usage is that the fabric starts to develop lose threads / marks. I have ordered a seat base cover from Amazon to prevent this. Other than that, the chair is just perfect.

I also have " Helix High Back" which was sponsored by office to set up WFH. For people looking for proper lumbar support with various adjustments and have the budget for it can go for it. Quality is top notch and you will be spoilt with the choices of adjustments on offer. The only suggestion is that make sure you are one of those people who like the curvy back with lumbar support system. Personally I find these type of chairs little uncomfortable due to their back support a bit higher for my lower back. I always prefer a non intrusive back support so would go for Amaze over Helix (purely from personal preference).

Hope this is helpful to people who want to buy one but unable to visit the showroom. Btw, people in Bangalore around Marathahalli, the Featherlite showroom there has a floor dedicated to demo chairs from theiir entire collection. As soon as you enter the showroom, you'll be guided to the chair section by default!

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 24th July 2022 at 20:00.
Aviator_guy is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 11:54   #307
Senior - BHPian

So finally after scouting this thread for ages, ordered a Featherlite Helix HB from Amazon.
What a revelation! A good chair improves productivity and gives such a great mood!
After my office, I've ordered another one for my Home and another one for my other dealership as well!
It has spoilt me to the limit that i cannot sit on anything else now.

Hoping that soon I'll have a trial of a HM or a Steelcase High Back chair at one of their showrooms and maybe get those if they command such superiority over the Helix as much as they command a premium.

I'm just in awe at what I've been missing all these years and how much my back could have been saved in all of these years!
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 12:00   #308
BHPian

Got a second hand herman celle (2018 built) for 9.5K - courtsey some MNC office closure
He still has a few left over in case someone is still scouting around
LonelyPlanet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 00:30   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Got a second hand herman celle (2018 built) for 9.5K - courtsey some MNC office closure
They were from EMC, amazing chairs, I have used them for 10 years now. I picked around 8, for myself and my friends.
Old 12th May 2023, 21:21   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
They were from EMC, amazing chairs, I have used them for 10 years now. I picked around 8, for myself and my friends.
Assuming this is in BLR, can you please share how I can go about getting one for myself? Thanks!
Old 12th May 2023, 22:18   #311
BHPian

Honestly buying a good chair has been the best thing I have done for myself over the last 2 years. I have 2 Steelcase gestures at home, one for me and the other for my wife.

https://www.steelcase.com/products/o...hairs/gesture/

Very high quality and cannot recommend them enough.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th May 2023 at 09:14. Reason: Capitalising of the starting word. Thanks.
Old 14th May 2023, 07:05   #312
BANNED

I am in search for a chair with completely flat base, it shouldn't have any kind of slant or U shape, I have L5 S1 slip disc, I have tried a few chairs but my leg starts paining almost immediately. Currently using a kitchen table chair which is comfortable but lacks arm rest.
Please suggest me some good chairs under ₹ 17,000.
Old 14th May 2023, 13:29   #313
BHPian

Guys,
I own a Featherlite Optima High Back chair and its Cylinder is toast.

Now, i would like to get it replaced. Where could i get the original parts and what are the costs involved? I tried online few months back, but no luck. Any suggestions?
Old 14th May 2023, 13:56   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
I am in search for a chair with completely flat base, it shouldn't have any kind of slant or U shape, I have L5 S1 slip disc, I have tried a few chairs but my leg starts paining almost immediately. Currently using a kitchen table chair which is comfortable but lacks arm rest.
Please suggest me some good chairs under ₹ 17,000.
If you are able to raise your budget by 10K, then investing in this model would be a wise decision for the long-term. I have been using this basic model from Steelcase for the past two years, and I adore the comfort and quality it provides. https://in.steelcase.com/collections...35753678045334
tj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 17:54   #315
BHPian

Guys I am looking for a chair for my WFH setup and priorities are hand-rest adjustment and height of the chair should be good. My doctor advised me to use a chair which has a hand-rest which is at the same level as the table so that my shoulder can take some rest. Budget is around 20k . Kindly suggest something for me. The height of the table is 83 cm by the way.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th July 2023 at 00:09. Reason: A word.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks