Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2018, 11:53   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Available at most furniture shops, this is mainly used as a dining chair and hence may not be very useful/comfortable as a work seat. The base is rather small and hence doesn't support the thighs fully. Won't be a problem sitting on them for an hour or two but might not be suitable for continuous, longer duration use.

The absence of armrests will be keenly felt in a day or two; plus, the cushion will give way sooner than later......
It's a boon in a way that you do get u and do a quick walkabout to water / tea /
coffee dispenser or a colleagues desk every now and then.

Tough of late I have been sitting on a hard chair - no cushion - and do not feel any discomfort. Further to improve posture and musculature I sit with my back away from the chair. Typically full day (6~8 hours)with two or three five minute breaks is a norm.
Old 7th July 2018, 12:08   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

While I have been using a Herman Miller Aeron for years. I bought some Amazonbasics(I am a big fan of their quality products) chairs for our conference room recently. 4500 bucks for bonded leather chairs is amazing. They have bigger executive chairs too for 7k which look even more comfy but were too bulky for our use.

https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_no...eywords=chairs

Build of the chairs I bought is umatched by any Indian brand at that price range. I had ordered some chairs from Urban Ladder for a similar price but they were not a patch on these so I returned them. However, I did get some other chairs from UL that were good quality but not genuine leather like the Amazon ones: https://www.urbanladder.com/products...30045&src=room
Old 8th July 2018, 12:50   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
While I have been using a Herman Miller Aeron for years. I bought some Amazonbasics(I am a big fan of their quality products) chairs for our conference room recently. 4500 bucks for bonded leather chairs is amazing. They have bigger executive chairs too for 7k which look even more comfy but were too bulky for our use.

Build of the chairs I bought is umatched by any Indian brand at that price range. I had ordered some chairs from Urban Ladder for a similar price but they were not a patch on these so I returned them. However, I did get some other chairs from UL that were good quality but not genuine leather like the Amazon ones: https://www.urbanladder.com/products...30045&src=room
Second that,

Got the Mid back faux leather seats from Amazon basics and they're super comfy compared to anything in the same price range.
Old 8th July 2018, 21:43   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post

Got the Mid back faux leather .
I don’t think it’s faux leather, it’s termed as “bonded leather” who’s definition when I googled showed up as:
Bonded leather -- sometimes called "reconstituted" leather or just plain "vinyl" -- is not the whole skin of an animal, but left-over pieces of hide blended together to form a seamless piece of leather material.
Old 12th September 2018, 15:56   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I bought some Amazonbasics(I am a big fan of their quality products) chairs for our conference room recently. 4500 bucks for bonded leather chairs is amazing. They have bigger executive chairs too for 7k which look even more comfy but were too bulky for our use.

I tried the AmazonBasics Low Back Task Chair based on this recommendation. Turned out to be a fantastic chair for my need for spine support, the quality is just off the roof.

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-chrome-legacy-window-12092018-154406.bmp.jpg

After a week of using it, I wanted to order some more for the office. But it was out of stock for next two months. Now it is available again, but only via their global store. Turns out this is a made in USA chair. See the price difference for the chair now?

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-chrome-legacy-window-12092018-154315.bmp.jpg

Including the import duties, it costs almost ₹10K more.

And a delivery charge of ₹15K...
Old 5th November 2018, 17:15   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Turned out to be a fantastic chair for my need for spine support, the quality is just off the roof.
I managed to get one more when they were willing to ship it to Bangalore at the cost of ₹3999. I had to carry it to Manipal to myself on flight.

I want more of these chairs... because they are simply too good at that price. So today I checked again, and was stunned at the new price. But they won't deliver to Bangalore. So, the wait continues until they are willing to ship to Bangalore with a price <4K. I can wait...

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-amazon_chair.bmp.jpg
Old 5th November 2018, 18:56   #67
BHPian

I am on lookout for a such a chair to be used at home. Does it feel comfy enough even without handles (the hand rest)? I always feel (more psychological, I guess) something lacking or incomplete without the hand-rest!
Old 6th November 2018, 14:28   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
I am on lookout for a such a chair to be used at home. Does it feel comfy enough even without handles (the hand rest)? I always feel (more psychological, I guess) something lacking or incomplete without the hand-rest!
I only have L shaped tables in office and home. So, I don't really need arm rests. I usually remove or lower the arm rests of all my chairs to ensure it doesn't foul with the table.

If you have only straight tables, then you might need the arm rests.

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-img_20181106_142133814_hdr.jpg

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-img_20181106_142236854_hdr.jpg
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 16:16   #69
BHPian

Quote:
If you have only straight tables, then you might need the arm rests.
Yes, that's part of thing! All the tables I use are the straight kind.
Old 3rd April 2019, 09:28   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Wow, Just read this thread.

I have been using this chair in my office for the last six years now and i am happy both with the comfort and quality levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I am using the exact same chair at home and l am happy. My mom however, doesn't feel comfortable even at the lowest height setting. She is 5'2" and I am 5'11". Try to sample one in a store before purchasing.
Update on the Featherlite Optima after two years of use. The chair has literally started giving me pain in the butt, with as little as half an hour of use. I am sure the issue is with the chair and not me cause I spend 8 hours sitting in an "infirior looking" chair in my office without similar issue. Will try contacting Featherlite this weekend and see what they have to say.

Anyone here use a foot rest? Is it useful? I see a of options available on amazon these days.
Old 4th April 2019, 07:40   #71
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Anyone here use a foot rest? Is it useful? I see a of options available on amazon these days.
I used this for 2 - 3 years. Was simply fantastic - link.
Old 4th April 2019, 09:22   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I want more of these chairs...
Back in stock for 3699/-, in case you're still looking.
Old 4th April 2019, 10:02   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Back in stock for 3699/-, in case you're still looking.
Can't seem to find any listings on amazon. Could you share the link please.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Thanks.

The chair is out of stock (again)! It was a very wise man who said There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip .

Last edited by dailydriver : 4th April 2019 at 10:14.
Old 4th April 2019, 10:04   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Can't seem to find any listings on amazon. Could you share the link please.
AmazonBasics Low Back Task Chair (Black)
Old 4th April 2019, 14:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to timely alert from Chetan_Rao, I was able to place an order for the chair. The issue was that while the listing was active for certain pin codes, it was being shown as unavailable for a lot of others (primarily small towns and cities). Getting it delivered to Bengaluru and carrying it home will be a task in itself!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks