Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2006, 23:54   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones View Post
what a shame...no entry for guys without gals?!?! my god....is chennai still in the cave men period...look at banglore and mubai...
Much the same in BLR. A few places let single males in, at ridiculous rates. Justified, IMHO, because I've seen what happens when there are too many boys and not enough girls.

Quote:
showed him my passport (as i am not indian) and still was treated very badly.... very dissapointing
Maybe it wasn't right to treat you bad in the first place, but what makes you assume that not being an Indian should give you VIP treatment?
Old 26th November 2006, 10:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

mention of savera reminds me of an afluent gentleman I saw who was denied entry because he was wearing a sparkling white dhoti.......to the disco.

he he he.
Old 26th November 2006, 10:55   #48
BHPian

Sorry but i wasnt expecting VIP treatment, i was trying to tell him that i was going to leave the next night and that i had no other ID on me. Whateva it is...i think it is the crappiest rule on earth...anyone who wants to get drunk would rather do it at home with friends..everyone knows why we go to clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Much the same in BLR. A few places let single males in, at ridiculous rates. Justified, IMHO, because I've seen what happens when there are too many boys and not enough girls.

Maybe it wasn't right to treat you bad in the first place, but what makes you assume that not being an Indian should give you VIP treatment?
Old 26th November 2006, 18:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
everyone knows why we go to clubs
True, but atleast here in BLR a lot of crappy fights break out because one d!ck tries to get lucky with someone else's date. Blood on the dance floor. And the bouncers suck.
Old 27th November 2006, 00:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
Fully agree with you. That is what we do. Our (occasional) party normally starts not later than 7:00 PM and do not go beyond 9:30 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Dude that's not a party unless it's for senior citizens. Hell even my parents party later than that!
Boom, i think you got it wrong. gold was speaking about the tea party after which the real party will start.
Old 4th December 2006, 16:45   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
True, but atleast here in BLR a lot of crappy fights break out because one d!ck tries to get lucky with someone else's date. Blood on the dance floor. And the bouncers suck.
haha. Speaking of clubs in BLR me and a friend tried to get in at Taika on Church street just this past saturday night...but were denied because we didnt have girls with us. V1p3r you know any clubs in town that let single guys in?..i dont know that many girls here in bang and the girls from my college are pretty prude and wont/dont come for such things. I dont mind paying a bit more to get in...man how i miss clubbing back in LA :(
Old 4th December 2006, 17:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
you know any clubs in town that let single guys in?
Fuga on Castle Street. I think 1k per single male, all cover.
Old 6th December 2006, 17:06   #53
BHPian

While I agree that they are right in clamping down on illegal activities, one of the incidents that happened a day or two ago looked pretty odd. They raided Sparks (Hotel Savera) and Speed (Grand Orient hotel) for serving liquor beyond closing time (is that 11PM?) and then proceeded to round up the customers (mostly s/w guys, BPO girls etc) and put them in lockup for the night. They were released only the next day and in the case of the girls, their parents were asked to come over to the police station.

If an establishment operates after closing hours, is it the fault of the patrons ? How can they be blamed for this ? And to arrest them and put them in lockup for the night is atrocious, to say the least. Were the police right in doing this ?[/quote]

Here no body is sure of what one has to do even the police they were only harrasing the poor kids and thats all is these people who fuction with out a system can do and may be people at the bar didnt bribe them right so they were sentecing the patrons imgaine how embarssing it would have been for the kids to get there parents coming to release them if i was one of them i would have taken the cops to court no matter whose authorisation it was
Old 18th December 2007, 21:36   #54
Senior - BHPian

Reviving this thread, as the Chennai cops have again started taking action on incidents related to drinking. And this time, it is not the bars, but private parties at residences that they are targetting. And both residences were on East Coast Road, incidentally.

Two instances during the last few days when bank employees / call centre crowd (including women) etc were arrested from private residences where they were celebrating. Reason given in one case was a complaint filed by a neighbour (an ex-actress) that the group was generally a nuisance with loud music etc.

I mean, can't I have a few drinks with my friends at my home, without having the cops barging in ? Ofcourse as long as I am not disturbing the neighbours.

Is it illegal to get drunk at your or your friend's home ? Asking this because the newspaper reported that, of the 20-odd people, the cops arrested 4 or 5 that were 'most inebriated'.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks