Team-BHP - Team-BHP Official Gear : Hoodies & Jackets (v3.0)!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Team-BHP Official Gear : Hoodies & Jackets (v3.0)! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/188711-team-bhp-official-gear-hoodies-jackets-v3-0-a-10.html)

Received my jacket today.

I was expecting better quality. Had ordered red colour; there is absolutely no grace in the material. It may keep me warm as fellow members are confirming of the material blend, but I cannot flaunt it with confidence as an authentic Team-BHP product.

Thanks.

So today morning before leaving for work, I put on the hoodie and removed my glasses to put it inside the inner pocket of the hoodie. The next moment, the glasses were on the floor with the lens cracked(I wear rimless lens and dont wear it when I am riding). I initially thought that I missed sliding the spectacles into the pocket but on taking a closer look, I found a hole in the inner pocket.

Upon further inspection, I found this thing:

Team-BHP Official Gear : Hoodies & Jackets (v3.0)!-img_8796.jpg

Team-BHP Official Gear : Hoodies & Jackets (v3.0)!-img_8797.jpg

Team-BHP Official Gear : Hoodies & Jackets (v3.0)!-img_8798.jpg

Team-BHP Official Gear : Hoodies & Jackets (v3.0)!-img_8799.jpg

I realised that the bottom of BOTH inner pockets have not been stitched. :Frustrati This was highly disappointing since the same problem was present in the V1 hoodie as well, but not at the pocket. I had not used the inner pocket till now and realised the flaw only today. Is it that I am unlucky, or is this how the pocket is supposed to be? I request everyone to check the same before putting their valuables inside the pocket. Especially when the zipper is secured, even if something falls out of the pocket it wont be realised until the object falls down.

I am not disappointed about the glass breaking, since it already had a slight crack in one of the lens which was due for a change. But I think the guys who check these jackets should be a little more serious about quality check before dispatching the product. Had it been my phone today, it would have damaged my purse by around 25k to replace the screen. Thank god I decided to keep my spectacles there and my phone in the outer pocket since that was zippered. Really disappointed that this has been occurring to me repeatedly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4247730)
I initially thought that I missed sliding the spectacles into the pocket but on taking a closer look, I found a hole in the inner pocket.

I realised that the bottom of BOTH inner pockets have not been stitched. :Frustrati

I think the hole is by design. Even in the jackets that I have bought it is the same. I was initially happy when I saw inner pockets but saw that it was not sewed and thought that must be by design. I have asked my mother to do the sewing bit!

Silly question time, are there even supposed to be inner pockets? Design details on the first page only mentioned the zippered outer ones.

I do end up getting an additional stitch on most jackets to 'create' inside pockets where they aren't included by designstupid:

I knew about the "pockets that are not pockets" but since so many members have asked for it, can it be stitched at the bottom during manufacture? It does look and feel like a pocket but before you know it your cellphone is accelerating towards the concrete pavement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4235549)
v3.0

The v3.0 Team-BHP Hoodies

Got the hoodies in Navy Blue shade for my boys. The hoodie is HEAVY and the cloth quality is very good. It does not get cold down south, but it gets uncomfortably cold in some of the cinemas here. So this is for them to be comfortable during the duration. It is serving its purpose. :thumbs up

One thing I would like to request is to make the zipper in metal (the puller is already metal) for v4.0. Yes I understand this would bump up the over all cost, but I believe it will help extend the life that much longer. I'm not too confident that the zipper will last the distance as the plastic teeth is prone to breakage with usage and time (especially if you are in a hurry and you want to zip up real quick) rendering the zipper useless. With it being metal, we would not have this issue at all. I have another jacket with the YKK metal zipper and it feels a lot sturdier. Something similar to that would be a great configuration for next round.

Once again thanks Rehaan and team for listening to 'customer' feedback and bringing out improved products year after year :)

Regards
Bugs

Quote:

Originally Posted by i74js (Post 4245992)
I was expecting better quality. Had ordered red colour; there is absolutely no grace in the material.

Sorry to hear you felt this way about the Red Hoodie i74js. :(

I'd like to see if there's anything that can be done here to turn this into a positive experience. Could you please reply to your store order email (i tried searching the store email for your handle, but couldn't find anything).

Quote:

I realised that the bottom of BOTH inner pockets have not been stitched.

Is it that I am unlucky, or is this how the pocket is supposed to be?

Hey Audioholic,

What you used is actually not a pocket! There are no "inner pockets" - just the zippered pockets that are accessible from the outside.

Sorry if there was confusion. I can understand how it might have looked otherwise -- but let me explain the reasoning:

The pocket pouches are attached at the mouth of the zipper (where your hand goes in through the zipper). Now, if they were only attached here, two things would happen:

1) Your hands would float around when you put them in the pockets (eg. if the jacket is unzipped and your put your hands in the pockets and push them together, only the pockets will move - not the edges of the jacket).

2) If you put something slightly heavy in the pocket, it would sag below the waistband.

To avoid both of the above, the pockets had to be anchored at other points. Along the zipper took care of one side; leaving us with the waistband as the other point.

What you see (as shown in your pics) is a few stitches anchoring the pocket to the waistband.

(@Roy.S) The tailors said we couldn't/shouldn't do a complete/closed attachment at the bottom on all hoodies/jackets since:

1) It might cause bunching and other issues with the lycra band
2) Sizing and alignment issues would occur between different pocket and jacket sizes

Am not saying it's impossible, but I didn't want to risk any of these issues for an additional (unnecessary?) set of pockets - especially since the tailors themselves were advising against it!

Hope that provides a deeper insight into how things are.

For those confused by this whole exchange, I'll summarize: There are only 2 pockets - the zippered ones.

Quote:

I am not disappointed about the glass breaking, since it already had a slight crack in one of the lens which was due for a change.

Really sorry about this Audioholic! Glad it wasn't something more precious / new -- but at the same time, feel somewhat responsible...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhagathmp (Post 4247962)
One thing I would like to request is to make the zipper in metal (the puller is already metal) for v4.0. Yes I understand this would bump up the over all cost, but I believe it will help extend the life that much longer. I'm not too confident that the zipper will last the distance as the plastic teeth is prone to breakage with usage and time

Thanks for the suggestion.

From the available zipper options, the plastic ones just looked and felt much better than the metal ones, especially at this 8mm thickness. Plus the added benefit of getting them made in any colour (they are custom made for us in the specified colour & lengths - as each size hoodie and jacket requires a different length zipper! :) )

So far we haven't received even 1 complaint about the functioning of the plastic zippers -- so I don't think you should be worried about their longevity. These are the zippers that are primarily used on heavy-duty luggage etc.

Either ways, not sure what v4.0 holds in store - but will consider moving to metal if we find something good... maybe just for a change if not anything else!

Thanks,
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4248106)
Hey Audioholic,

What you used is actually not a pocket! There are no "inner pockets" - just the zippered pockets that are accessible from the outside.

Sorry if there was confusion. I can understand how it might have looked otherwise -- but let me explain the reasoning:

The pocket pouches are attached at the mouth of the zipper (where your hand goes in through the zipper). Now, if they were only attached here, two things would happen:

What you see (as shown in your pics) is a few stitches anchoring the pocket to the waistband.

Really sorry about this Audioholic! Glad it wasn't something more precious / new -- but at the same time, feel somewhat responsible...

Thanks for the clarification Rehaan. And NO, that is not something you should be sorry about. Rather, I should blame myself for assuming that to be a pocket. stupid: I now understand the thought behind stitching the pocket that way and appreciate the idea. Since the issue was still unclear, I specifically mentioned if I mistook the whole idea to be a pocket. I hope other people dont repeat the same mistake and end up dropping something. But if possible, do consider stitching the complete top side of the flap which will prevent any possibility of someone mistaking it for a pocket.

Appreciate your timely responses at all times. Cheers!

Quote:

Sorry to hear you felt this way about the Red Hoodie i74js. :(

I'd like to see if there's anything that can be done here to turn this into a positive experience. Could you please reply to your store order email (i tried searching the store email for your handle, but couldn't find anything).

Thanks,
R

ORDER #200026766
Order Date: 21st Jul 2017

This order is marked as Shipped

Your Order Contains:
1 x Personalized Team-BHP Jacket (Red)
(Size (scroll down for size chart): XL, Personalized Text: Inderjeet, Print on Back: LIVE TO DRIVE ( + Rs. 80 ))

My concern is on the quality of material used for Red colour; the material does not look fresh at all, it seems that the preference of buyers could be other colours and thus red colour being low in demand could be from the old lot. The stitching was also not up to the mark.

Quote:

......will consider moving to metal if we find something good...

Metal zippers have their own issues.

If any of the 'teeth' get misaligned, it's virtually unusable/irreparable. Not to forget the chance of something getting caught in it, a rip is almost guaranteed.

Plastic zippers are safe(r) for fumbling idiots like me:D

Thank God the Third (fourth as well) pocket doubt has been resolved. After I received the notification with regards to the observation made, suddenly my focus changed from what was being presented in front to what I have at home. The facts and figures that were being discussed with so much rigor, all of a sudden seemed to be of least interest and the third eye (if I may) went straight looking into the almirah (office to home, wow speedy eyes, you see!) for similar arrangement. Where and how I have missed this part?

The moment I reached home, that was the very first inspection and yes, saved that there was no pocket there. Why? Well, the small pot-boll that I have developed seating and sleeping on the crumpled cushion of a movable asset (being referred to as a chair), would have been easily identifiable, as a hanging piece of art. Anyways I have a habit of stuffing stuff into my pockets, with the availability of zippers, its more secure now, and with the addition of 2 more pockets, well it would be just unimaginable. And yes, just to be on a safer side, I had ordered a 3XL sized hoodie and with those double sized pockets, things definitely would have shagged a lot.

Nevertheless, as I checked, observed that a small amount of decent stitching can bless souls with needed space provisioning.

Team-BHP Official Gear : Hoodies & Jackets (v3.0)!-img_20170807_192959.jpg

Quote:

but will consider moving to metal if we find something good... maybe just for a change if not anything else!

Thanks,
R

Thanks for your response. I'm not saying that 'this' particular set would go bad in a few years, I was sharing an experience I had with another product - that was in fact one of those heavy duty luggage's you mentioned.

Also looking forward to v4.0 :) .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4248403)
Metal zippers have their own issues.

I agree that if it gets entangled it probably needs to be replaced. However, chances of metal breaking off is less compared to plastic.

Regards
Bugs.

Ordered my jacket with LTD on the back! Strangely though the order status is "awaiting payment" since 4-5 days now...Makes me anxious!

@Rehaan - What is the exact color of Blue jacket. In different pics it appears differently. If possible can you please share the color code to be completely accurate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4248657)
Ordered my jacket with LTD on the back! Strangely though the order status is "awaiting payment" since 4-5 days now...Makes me anxious!

And now its marked as SHIPPED clap:. Waiting as if waiting for car's delivery!stupid: