Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2017, 03:59   #1
e46
BHPian

In the end...R.I.P. Chester Bennington

There was this time when I heard 'em first during my time in NIT Allahabad and I couldnt help notice the exuberant energy brimming out the voices of these blokes from a band called Linkin Park. Little did I know, this band would make me love their music so much. It was 2000 back then, 17 long years hence, I feel much in awe again. Be it "In the end" or "Somewhere I belong" or " Breaking the habit".

I took the liberty to post a thread dedicated to the lead vocal guy, Chester Bennington. Wept a lot. Still remember the days in Patel Hostel, when LP came to me like a whirlwhind, as AR Rehman did with Roja e.g. "Yeh Hassen wadiyaan".

Rush/Ajmat/ other Mods,
If you feel this post doesnt warrant a separate thread, please merge it.

A few videos, which wont get old for years to come:

I wont go into the premises (depression) which led to his tragic ending, but he was presumably very close to Chris Cornell, a singer who ended his life in May this year. The lead singer of LP ended his life, the same day Chris was born.

RIP Chester. You would not be forgotten.

-Abhishek.

Last edited by e46 : 22nd July 2017 at 04:19.
e46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 22:56   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: In the end...R.I.P. Chester Bennington

Very tragic. Rock In Peace, Chester!
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 23:20   #3
BHPian

Ah LP. I just went numb after hearing the tragic news
Old 23rd July 2017, 01:09   #4
BHPian

Fond of many of Linkin Park songs. Many are still in my playlists. Rockstar you will remain always Chester. RIP.

Last edited by GTO : 24th July 2017 at 11:12. Reason: No SMS language please
Old 23rd July 2017, 02:51   #5
BHPian

Im on a Linkin park bingeathon! Sad that Chester is gone. Though his newer albums weren't the vintage LP that we all loved, it was a deeper dive into a broken man... May he finally rest in peace.
Old 23rd July 2017, 11:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Anyone read about the rumours that Chester and Chris Cornell could have been murdered/taken out, because they were on the verge of exposing a network of pedophiles in the entertainment industry. The two allegedly worked on this together. Also since Chester seemed to be out of his depression years, and with the responsibility of a wife, kids and even being the god father to Chris' kids after he died, I also think it is unlikely that a grown adult would just commit suicide just like that.
Old 24th July 2017, 11:16   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: In the end...R.I.P. Chester Bennington

Was very saddened & shocked by the news.

In my iTunes, I have a playlist called 'Gold'. In this playlist are a few of my top songs. Meaning, what I consider the crème de la crème of my 3,000 song collection. Few artists would have two songs in the gold playlist; Linkin Park does with 'in the end' & 'numb'.

Guess this'll be a fitting video to share on a car forum. What a video:
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 13:02   #8
BHPian

Absolutely Heartbroken!

What a man! his songs, lyrics, the meaning of every line - touched my soul. How I wished I could have been to a live concert where he performed? I faintly remember he had been to Korea / China and so wished he came to India.

These lines....from Numb, had a part in making me the person I am today.
Can't you see that you're smothering me?
Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control
Cause everything that you thought I would be
Has fallen apart right in front of you

Also read that he was traumatised as a child (abuse) and maybe what IshaanIan has mentioned could be true, will now try and read through it.

Saw a video where Jay Z is aghast hearing him (Chester) scream (look up Youtube). Shows the pure caliber of what Chester was all about.

I think we lost two gems (Chris and Chester) and for me there is no other group that stirs my heart with simple lyrics, amazing composition and most importantly - Chester's amazing voice.
Old 26th July 2017, 23:21   #9
BHPian

Couldn't stop myself from posting on this thread.

I am not the one to keep up with the latest in music, but the old shots like LP, Greenday, Phil Collins are always on my list.

When I saw the news, I was shocked beyond belief.

His voice, energy, the lyrics and how you can connect to that meaning of his songs.

In the End . all time favorite and will remain forever.

Was partying at a brewery in Gurgaon this saturday and was really happy all through. Until the DJ played ' In the End ' as a tribute to Chester ..

Rest in Peace !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks