Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2017, 09:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 29/08/2017: Torrential rains hit Mumbai, city grinds to a standstill. Many areas flooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNishi View Post
Have called up maruti insurance and informed them about flooding of my car. Was not so lucky with MASS, After two days of trying, I could get through the nearest service center at Chembur today. They have called me tomorrow to visit the Equinox and arrange for towing of car. Do not have any experience with MASS at Mumbai, looking for guidance from BHPIANS on the best way to deal with this problem.
Most likely insurance should take care of it - it seems to be a repeat of 2005. MASS must have been flooded (pun intended) by flood affected vehicles.

Depending upon what all needs to be changed, you may find the time to get the work done from a Mumbai MASS might take more time. However on the plus side they should be able to do a very good job of it as they have 2005 experience to refer to.

Rest it will be like any other MASS.

If you cannot wait or cannot leave the car here, check with the MASS manager to see if the car can be towed away to any convenient location outside. Towing will be paid by you in this case. Not recommended as there is a lot of hassle involved.
Old 3rd September 2017, 09:17   #47
BHPian

Re: Nano vs the Mumbai rains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Gave me goosebumps while reading your post. And what a splendid job (service?) you did that night. Take a bow ! Having served in Indian army for almost three decades

Thanks for sharing your story with us here.

Regards
Col Mehta
Thank You, Sir! Your words are very kind and very encouraging!

I have realized that, today, technology is such that every car is a good car which can last long (some more than others). Tata Nano is no exception. The engineers and designers at Tata have outdone themselves with this product. However, only a shift in mentality will bring about the true potential of the product. What I mean is that if Tata takes this basic product and (without changes to the basic design) turns it into a world class product with improved quality, safety and engine, it will sell in millions like the Corolla and give India a good name in Auto Tech department.
Old 3rd September 2017, 13:28   #48
BHPian

Re: Nano vs the Mumbai rains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
Thank You, Sir! Your words are very kind and very encouraging!

I have realized that, today, technology is such that every car is a good car which can last long (some more than others). Tata Nano is no exception. The engineers and designers at Tata have outdone themselves with this product. However, only a shift in mentality will bring about the true potential of the product. What I mean is that if Tata takes this basic product and (without changes to the basic design) turns it into a world class product with improved quality, safety and engine, it will sell in millions like the Corolla and give India a good name in Auto Tech department.
No, thank you for being brave and considerate towards in need. People like you make this world a better place . And I agree to what Tata can potentially do to make Nano a world class product. It already has the right combination just a few corrections and it can do wonders for them.

Regards
Col Mehta
Old 4th September 2017, 17:38   #49
BHPian

Re: 29/08/2017: Torrential rains hit Mumbai, city grinds to a standstill. Many areas flooded

A quick update on my case. The car is still parked at Basement of Equinox, Kurla.
Apparently there is no space in workshop at Autovista, Kalina for the vehicle to be towed there. I have been advised by Mr. Shiraj , the bodyshop manager over phone, to bring the vehicle only by Wednesday. So, shall try again on Wednesday to arrange the towing guy for getting the vehicle to workshop.
Old 6th September 2017, 19:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Mods : Please add links to threads related to handling the car and what to look out for after flooding to the first post for handy reference
Old 20th September 2017, 14:02   #51
BHPian

Another spell of heavy rains starting last evening and continuing even now. This time authorities issued adequate warnings in time. All schools are closed and most offices are shut. Some people are having options to work from home. Most people seem to be staying put at home. Funny thing is that rains have reduced in intensity for now and almost all the roads in GMaps is showing "green".
Old 20th September 2017, 14:05   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

A colleague of mine who was supposed to fly out of the country for a business meeting is stuck at the airport since yesterday afternoon. We've go no information of his status since morning!
Old 20th September 2017, 20:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

29/08/2017: Torrential rains hit Mumbai, city grinds to a standstill. Many ar...

Real irony to the subject of the thread.

Happened to see this article and the video. Worth a share. Thought the engine driver was really reckless.

http://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/mumbai-r...tation-1752963

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 20th September 2017 at 20:47.
Old 21st September 2017, 01:20   #54
BHPian

Re: 29/08/2017: Torrential rains hit Mumbai, city grinds to a standstill. Many ar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Real irony to the subject of the thread.

Happened to see this article and the video. Worth a share. Thought the engine driver was really reckless.

http://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/mumbai-r...tation-1752963
I guess, while passing the station at MPS, the loco pilot did not expect it. If you notice, the water logging is much inside the platform. He then slowed the train down.

Old 5th August 2020, 20:35   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Torrential rains hit Mumbai, city grinds to a standstill. Many areas flooded

Folks in Mumbai,

I'm reading that it has been raining crazy in Mumbai.

I received some disturbing whatsapp forwards showing some damage to Jaslok Hospital, plus water logging on Marine drive being almost level with the sea, and water gushing into someone's house.

Please stay indoors.

Last edited by vigsom : 5th August 2020 at 20:41. Reason: addition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks