Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2006, 19:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kidney theft at Apollo Hospitals

This is shocking. An engineering student kidney was stolen and he was murdered by staffs of Apollo Hospitals. The patient has overheard discussions between to hospital staffs & hinted his father about the same. But...............

http://www.thehindu.com/2006/10/31/s...3117010400.htm
Old 15th November 2006, 19:31   #2
BANNED

Hey, Apollo Hospitals has been involved in plenty of mal practises right from the beginning so this is not SHOCKING at all , after all its just a kidney thats vanished !!

Unless the higher authorities dont do anything strict with them ... we will continue to hear about various frauds that this chain will keep doing andjust pray that none of our dear and near ones are at the receiving end !!

Cheers
Old 15th November 2006, 19:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Remember Rahul Mahajan who passed out on a drugs overdose and the next day Appolo does a press-conference saying that there is nothing like that and his blood tests are all clear ?

Ample proof that anything can happen at Appolo Hospitals !

Best to avoid that place like plague.
Old 15th November 2006, 19:35   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The demonstration took a serious turn with 300 students of Karshak Engineering College, Uppal, joining the agitating family members. The police rushed additional forces to tackle any eventuality. Later, Kumar's family members urged the hospital management to pay compensation for the doctors' negligence but the latter turned down their demand. Finally, the victim's family members called off their demonstration saying they did not want autopsy of the body in the name of investigation and took the body to their village in Jadcherla of Mahbubnagar for cremation.
I dont want to sound rude or offensive, but somehow, this smells like the family tried to make a quick buck. I know I am going to get flamed for this, but my take on this is that once the boy had died, the family made up the story just to try to extort some money from the hospital.

Then they rejected the autopsy and immediately cremated the body.

If they really felt that they were meted out injustice, then all they had to do was wait for the autopsy to be done and the report to be made.

On the other hand, maybe the hospital staff really were upto some nonsense and the family in their grief decided that nothing would bring back the boy and just gave up......
Old 15th November 2006, 19:58   #5
BHPian

i dont support but i do agree with nikhib2008, if the case has been that the boy has been cremated without the autopsy or at least without confirming the cut needed to take out the kidney then its foul play on patient's part.
Old 15th November 2006, 20:04   #6
BANNED

Hey, there are both kinds of people in our country ... poor who try to make a quick buck all teh time and the powerful who also try to make a quick buck all the time !!!

Its just us poor Indians in teh middle .... who have to work hard for each and every buck !! The country is full of such cases ... it just a waste of time , coz it will keep happening for years to come .

Cheers
Old 15th November 2006, 21:04   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
i dont support but i do agree with nikhib2008, if the case has been that the boy has been cremated without the autopsy or at least without confirming the cut needed to take out the kidney then its foul play on patient's part.
You can call me Nikhil .... dont need to use my ID all the time.....

And yeah, as Khaadu said, there are all kinds of people in our country...
Old 26th November 2006, 14:06   #8
BANNED

But there was also a report about one of the family members who played with Apollo hospital for this rejection of autopsy and immediate cremation.

People can do anything here for some quick bucks!

This story (no matter if it's true or not) is an eye-opener for many and gives us a hint of what is possible in so called hi-tech hospitals.
Old 27th November 2006, 00:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Apollo Hospitals & scams go hand in hand. my cousin is a heart surgeon & quite a reputed one too. i asked him why he does not choose Apollo. the simple reason he gives is that 'i will not compromise in my profession, no matter what is the situation'. he beleives that they simply complicate matters just to squeeze the last paise out of the patients. no wonder even the Govt. felt it & removed them from the list of CGHS hospitals. shame on you apollo.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 27th November 2006 at 00:14.
Old 27th November 2006, 02:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

There are two sides for a coin.

Quote:
the victim's family members called off their demonstration saying they did not want autopsy of the body in the name of investigation and took the body to their village in Jadcherla of Mahbubnagar for cremation.
Autopsy still viewed as a humiliation of the dead by their kith and kin. So there is a sentimental thing attached to it. And they are very much from a rural background.

Also its a time consuming thing in the name of investigation, which will add to their tragedy. And all of you know about the 'tareek pe tareek' thing in the court, sometimes we are made think and accept it as " justice delayed is justice defnied " and how often do we see that a doctor is booked in such a cases and actually be found guilty ??? .

Also let me tell you the people of A.P especially the telangana districts (which includes mahabubnagar) prefer not go to police and courts they very well know about the delays. And they have a very bad opinion about them.

Most Viewed