Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2006, 14:03   #16
BANNED

Once again, the man was pelting stones at vehicles travelling at high speed on the highway.

At that speed and impact, those stones could broken windshields, hit someone badly, or startled a driver into losing control and having an accident. Innocent people/women/kids could have been injured or killed because of this moron.

Now there's one less hazard on our highways. I have no problem with that.
Old 30th November 2006, 14:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Now there's one less hazard on our highways. I have no problem with that.
Dont you think this hazard could be dealt with in a different way? By the proper authorities..

What happens when mobs use the same logic to bash up someone whos been in an accident?

Last edited by khanak : 30th November 2006 at 14:09.
Old 30th November 2006, 14:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

I mean this is just great, if a MOB disrupts public property its not fine but when a mob kills some one its just fine. wow

If you say the reason are different then, every mob has its reason whether its valid or not that needs to be decided by the authorities.
Old 30th November 2006, 15:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

@naveen, BS and moralfibre- how can you justify such acts of inhumanity. it is not the duty of the people to punish someone that too to this extent ,they should have just handed him over to the authorities.!
Old 30th November 2006, 15:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I mean this is just great, if a MOB disrupts public property its not fine ...
in this case was the public at any fault???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
... but when a mob kills some one its just fine. wow
in this case was the killed person at fault???

answer these & you have the answer brother.

@ faithless : brother do u still believe in authorities. what do u think the authorities would have done? keep him in jail for a month or two max, that too eating 3 square meals a day for which we pay. on top of that do u think that guy wud have ever cared for the sentence or after serving the sentence wud he be transformed?

for me its very simple, u treat the person to how he acts. if someone's behaviour is inhuman, he should be treated the same way.

Last edited by naveendhyani : 30th November 2006 at 15:15.
Old 30th November 2006, 15:07   #21
BHPian

as a citizen it would "have been" better if they handed him over to the cops.

Its quite a pathetic world where there is No Value for human life whether its 1 life or many being killed. Its so chilling to imagine a mob thrashing 1 person.

Live and let live, fight in self defence, if u can do something handover the culprit to the authorities, if the authorities dont do justice "leave it to God" but thats if you believe in.

techno
faithless
i support ur views and its good to have people with some conscience left.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 30th November 2006 at 15:10.
Old 30th November 2006, 15:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

well said 2fast4u. my point exactly.! except the leave it to god part.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 30th November 2006 at 15:15.
Old 30th November 2006, 15:14   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
@naveen, BS and moralfibre- how can you justify such acts of inhumanity. it is not the duty of the people to punish someone that too to this extent ,they should have just handed him over to the authorities.!
You would have been inhuman if you would have had someone close from your family travelling in one of the cars which was pelted with stones. It happened to my cousin yesterday and hence my words. My cousin was with my 8 month old niece in the back seat when some protester pelted stones on his car. He had to hold back seeing the mob.

What would you do in this case? Will you wait for the cops to come into action or protect yourself?
Old 30th November 2006, 15:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

@moralfibre- i can understand your feelings but an eye for an eye policy will not solve anything.!
Old 30th November 2006, 15:21   #25
Team-BHP Support

So, what you believe in is an eye for an eye. A death for a death. Fair enough, you are entitled to believe in what you want. I just don't agree with that philosophy.

In this case, a mob has taken a life. Unfortunately you cannot sentence someone to death for a crime he may have committed had that stone caused the death of another. There are other ways to ensure justice.
Old 30th November 2006, 15:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

@naveen: I have no words, no point discussing

@moralfiber: Like 2fast4u said, self defence is different, we are not discussing that here, the mob was not endagered by that single pesrson to the extent that they killed him. They could have easily stopped him & then hand him to the authorities.

also like others said eye for an eye is not good

Quote:
Unfortunately you cannot sentence someone to death for a crime he may have committed had that stone caused the death of another. There are other ways to ensure justice.
Yeah this reminds me of the movie 'Minority Report'

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th November 2006 at 15:27.
Old 30th November 2006, 15:39   #27
BHPian

Thrashed, he should have been. So that he would think twice before doing something as dangerous as that.
But thrash him till he died was not such a good idea. That probably happened because of some 'overenthusiastic' guy.

This would be the best (and fastest) way of delivering justice.
Handing him over to the police also would result in something similar.
Besides, considering our overburdened legal system, delivering justice for such insigificant cases seems very remote.

And if he was someone with influence or with a political backing, he'd have been released by the police in a blink with a 'warning' giving him the impression that he could get away next time too.

Just my personal opinion
Old 30th November 2006, 15:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

@ naveen- ill say it again buddy that an eye for an eye policy will NOT solve anything.! But if u still think that a problem can be solved this way then who am i to change your thinking bro.!
Do you really think that after this incident guys like him will stop throwing stones on vehicles just for the fear of being killed by a mob ??
Old 30th November 2006, 15:50   #29
BHPian

As I See It

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
You would have been inhuman if you would have had someone close from your family travelling in one of the cars which was pelted with stones. It happened to my cousin yesterday and hence my words. My cousin was with my 8 month old niece in the back seat when some protester pelted stones on his car. He had to hold back seeing the mob.

What would you do in this case? Will you wait for the cops to come into action or protect yourself?
If you can do something you do in "self defence" do it to the best of your potential and the defence should be done to protect u and ur family and "not with the intent to kill".

If nothing else could have been done...... u have to accept it as destiny or Gods will. No one is eternal and also although my views may seem very absurd to the intellect. HAND of GOD this AS I SEE IT.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 30th November 2006 at 15:52.
Old 30th November 2006, 16:19   #30
BHPian

I dont think killing that guy is justice. Thrashing him .. maybe yes. but killing someone is like going overboard.
However, whats going on right now (burning buses/trains/stone pelting) is not justified either! Who has given them rights to injure innocent people? I mean.. how are these guys different from a terrorist? Both of them damage infrastructure/civilians for personal cause/issues!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks