Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2006, 12:21   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
By saying 'We' please don't include all BHPians with you.
What you said now is some thing we can here within almost all countries where Govts. are trying to help weaker sections in the society. We here exactly same voice in US and Europe by extreme right wing elements.

Dear Wheeliej, please show some more maturity on issues like this.
Hi all, Please note my earlier post started with 'i know this will be controversial'. I would suggest that people should not make statements such as 'show some maturity'. The title of the topic is 'mob frenzy'. Nobody can predict what a mob can do or how it will re-act. Personally, if someone hurts me or mine, then i will take all steps to ensure that person is hurt twice as much. And so far as mob mentality goes, i would not have been surprised to hear that the footpath dwellers had reacted and beaten up the driver who ran over 7 people in Mumbai last month.

Sure, I understand that Govt must run programmes to bring up the weaker sections. And to support that they have control over a part of the salary that I earn (via a tool called TDS !!). But when any section of society deem it their right to react violently on any small issue, then they must be prepared also to take the consequences. Afterall, those who live by the sword must be prepared to die by it.

And, when i say 'we' i am talking of Indian citizens; not team-bhp members alone many of whom are still students and would not be in the highest tax bracket so far as income is concerned.... yet, hopefully soon, though........

As someone else has said, 'your right may be my wrong and your wrong may be my right. Dont sit on judgement'. We are expressing our views and opinions here, so dont get hoity-toity. .

PS : I do not condone violence but surely reserve my right to protect myself when violence is directed towards me.
Old 6th December 2006, 12:40   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Hi all, Please note my earlier post started with 'i know this will be controversial'. I would suggest that people should not make statements such as 'show some maturity'.
Ok, fine, I shouldn't have told this. Then you never should have made statements like
Quote:
They have no interest in learning nor do they have any interest in doing a decent day's work. But they are the first to feel jealous of people who study and then work hard to achieve the good things in life and they are on the forefront for hand-outs in terms of admissions to schools, colleges and now even on higher education
I hate to here such comments and cannot accept it.
Old 6th December 2006, 13:00   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hate to here such comments and cannot accept it.
Quote:
They have no interest in learning nor do they have any interest in doing a decent day's work. But they are the first to feel jealous of people who study and then work hard to achieve the good things in life and they are on the forefront for hand-outs in terms of admissions to schools, colleges and now even on higher education.
To each his own but I don't understand why you disagree with what Wheeliej said as I've seen many an incident that highlights how the (so-called) "downtrodden" go on the rampage & trample over the general interests of the common man.

I think you may have also missed out the below disclaimer........

Quote:
PS : No offence intended towards the few who have managed to educate themselves and lead a normal, decent life, but i am talking of the majority.
Old 6th December 2006, 13:10   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I just came across this nice quote from Mahatma Gandhi which I feel is very relevant to this thread

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent
Please let's leave MKG out of this. There are loads of unpleasant quotes I can think of for him, starting with his destroying a nation for his own personal self aggrandisement.
Old 6th December 2006, 14:54   #95
BHPian

Hi Boom Shiva........ and I thought I was being controversial............
Old 6th December 2006, 15:18   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Please let's leave MKG out of this. There are loads of unpleasant quotes I can think of for him, starting with his destroying a nation for his own personal self aggrandisement.
I agree even I am not a fan of him.
Its just that this very quote suited here thats all.
Old 6th December 2006, 15:48   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
To each his own but I don't understand why you disagree with what Wheeliej said as I've seen many an incident that highlights how the (so-called) "downtrodden" go on the rampage & trample over the general interests of the common man.
I think you may have also missed out the below disclaimer........
The people who go on rampage never represent any community or section as a whole.
And according to me that do not warrant any one to make statements like
"They have no interest in learning nor do they have any interest in doing a decent day's work.....etc."
Sorry to post this again.

Wheeliej, Suman you have all the right to have your opinion and let me keep mine. So let us stop it here
Old 6th December 2006, 16:56   #98
BHPian

Quote:
The people who go on rampage never represent any community or section as a whole.
oh definitely the represent a section of the community (please note i m not a castist) who has least interest in working & contributing to the growth of our country.

the things they are interested are to enjoy free luncheons by the politicians, taking out a rally for a cup of tea & samosa, go on rampage when their brains are no bigger than one single pea.

Last edited by naveendhyani : 6th December 2006 at 16:58.
Old 6th December 2006, 20:23   #99
BHPian

Quote:

1. And so far as mob mentality goes, i would not have been surprised to hear that the footpath dwellers had reacted and beaten up the driver who ran over 7 people in Mumbai last month.

2. And to support that they have control over a part of the salary that I earn (via a tool called TDS !!).

3. not team-bhp members alone many of whom are still students and would not be in the highest tax bracket so far as income is concerned.... yet, hopefully soon, though........

4. so dont get hoity-toity. .

PS : I do not condone violence but surely reserve my right to protect myself when violence is directed towards me.
1.In that thread you said the people who were sleeping on the pavement were equally responsible and wanted law to take its own course,,now you contradict your earlier statement.

2.well millions of indians , mostly professionals ,get hit by TDS.. welcome to the club

3. We are not discusing how much IT one pays here..not every one here is a student on pocket money nor is any one looking for alms..Any preofessional with 8- 10+ years of work experience would have reached the highest tax bracket long back..there are plenty of them in this forum.

4. Nobody is. You made a point. Others replied. Were you hoity - toity to start with in that case?
Old 6th December 2006, 20:39   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
1.In that thread you said the people who were sleeping on the pavement were equally responsible and wanted law to take its own course,,now you contradict your earlier statement.
I stand by my statements. All i was commenting here (and read carefully).... "I would not be surprised to hear that..... " since the discussion is about mob frenzy.

As to your other points.... lets agree to disagree and close the argument; and not argue for the sake of arguing.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:32   #101
BHPian

Quote:
1. I stand by my statements.

2. lets agree to disagree and close the argument;

3. and not argue for the sake of arguing.
1. Good for you.But still one does not know whether you wanted the mobs to lynch the drunkdriver to death in Mumbai or wanted law to take its own course..do make up your mind before you post.

2. Cool.No probs. But I stick to all the points I mentioned and would love to disproved by facts.

3. No one is doing that. Just as You have every right to post your views , I and others have every right to counter it and show contradictions in your stand.
Old 7th December 2006, 15:45   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have no interest in learning nor do they have any interest in doing a decent day's work. But they are the first to feel jealous of people who study and then work hard to achieve the good things in life
phew !! wheeliej, you made some mindboggling sweeping statements there. i have selected just one para from that post since i tend to agree with this one, except that instead of talking about 'dalits' as such, we could say all those people living under the politicians' will & fancy. a few days' back, in koyambedu circle here in chennai, an ambedkar statue was removed to make way for a grade separator. immediately 4 buses were pelted & their windshields broken. i would like to ask these miscreants, what the hell were they doing & why were they doing that? and what do they know about ambedkar ? i am sure they cannot give answers for these, but they will blindly do what the politicians tell them to do. finally this statue had to be refixed in a place nearby. why do we continue to live in this kind of hero worship ?
Old 7th December 2006, 16:20   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
a few days' back, in koyambedu circle here in chennai, an ambedkar statue was removed to make way for a grade separator. immediately 4 buses were pelted & their windshields broken. i would like to ask these miscreants, ........ finally this statue had to be refixed in a place nearby. why do we continue to live in this kind of hero worship ?
during a normal day the only visitors to these statues are the pigeons & that too for offering u know what. wheres the mob that time keeping them clean & offering flowers except what pigeons offer? i m sure they wont have even a picture of ambedkar or whoever their role model is.

u know what, if we had people like these pre independence we would have got our freedom long before 1947. that time they were jack scared cause there was no one to save their skins from "firangs". the "freedom of speech" means "freedom of action" for them which again is a very wrong interpretation.

even if they use 1% of whatever little brain they have, they would rather be $crewing the politicians rather than taking out their anger on public property.

normal people are too busy earning their living let alone be concerned with ny statues or marches.
Old 14th October 2007, 09:58   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
Just want to relate what happened yesterday.
Apparently someone from one of our neighboring buildings or even ours for all we knew threw a bottle down on the road, therefore hitting a passerby and injuring him.
As usual, a mob formed and instead of finding the culprit and taking him to the police station, they decided to do something easier, i.e beat up our watchman and our 70yr old driver.
Dad had to call in the police to ease the situation up. Hopefully the cops were able to do something against those who were beating up our watchman and driver.
I just wanted to ask those involved one question. Would they have beaten up an elderly relative of theirs (our driver is like family to us) just because someone injured someone they didn't know and had nothing to do with?
It's sad seeing India in this situation.
thankfully the driver and watchman weren't seriously injured.
Old 15th October 2007, 11:15   #105
Team-BHP Support

Lambo, looks like a bad time for your driver, first the Fiesta episode, and now this.

As far as this mob attitude is concerned, less said the better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks