Team-BHP - Mob Frenzy
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Mob Frenzy (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/19253-mob-frenzy.html)

NASHIK: A Dalit youth was beaten to death by a mob here on Wednesday evening after they found him pelting stones at vehicles, police said.

Twenty three-year-old Rangnath Shankar Dhale, a resident of Muktidham, was pelting stones at vehicles on the Nashik Road to protest vandalisation of a statue of Babasaheb Ambedkar in Kanpur, a senior police official said.

A mob surrounded Dhale and started beating him, resulting in his death, the official said.

DNA - Mumbai - Ambedkar statue desecration in UP sparks off violence in Maha - Daily News & Analysis

The scene in Pune was bad. People torched buses, shattered windshields and many more to it. Why dont these guys storm their own vehicles before damaging public property? Charity and violence both should begin at home!

Is death, the penalty for vandalism?

It's not just vandalism.

Anyone throwing stones at cars moving at high speed on the highway is endangering the lives of innocents. What if the car or bus loses control? The stone thrower will just run and get away with it while others suffer death or injuries.

But does that justify mob's killing of that person ?

for such insane crimes death is certainly the best punishment. if not punished severely, people like this today will throw stones, tomorrow petrol bombs & later the hand grenade.

its not only about ur actions but ur mindset of the person. he was throwing stones cause that was the only weapon available to him. had he been in possession of an AK-47 he wud have happily sprayed bullets on everybody.

By that logic the policemen should open fire at any mob which is pelting stones right ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 330752)
By that logic the policemen should open fire at any mob which is pelting stones right ?

thats exactly what i mean. nobody has any business pelting stones anywhere except at their home or vehicle.

if u gotta protest take a march but when it turns violent (stating the real motive behind the march) every possible method should be exercised to disperse (not contain) them, starting with lathicharge to water cannons to firing.

comeon who are these guys, a bunch of goondas who have no other work but to disrupt public life at each opportunity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveendhyani (Post 330755)
thats exactly what i mean. nobody has any business pelting stones anywhere except at their home or vehicle.

Naveen, somehow I don't see that happening...

Quote:

But does that justify mob's killing of that person?
What else do you suggest for a person who is endangering the lives of people just because he is hurt? What if each of us starts pelting stones everyday everytime your car gets a scratch?

Quote:

Yes, if required policemen should open fire and massacre all the mobs who try and disrupt public property. There is no other way out. If there is? Please suggest.

You mean like the way students were shot while they were protesting aginst quota resrevations back in the 90s(VP singh rule) or more like the Jalianwala bagh ?? ok may be thast different story but the point is we already know how police acts on normal stuff if such a rule is there they will just open fire irrespective of whether any stones were pelted or not(they can prove that anyways). Also many a times normal processions take violent shape due to a minor number of miscreants in the group. You guys mean to say all those should get punshed for a crime of others.

There are far bigger crimes which need death penalty than pelting stones.

I am surprised by the views expressed here

The question here is what right does a collective group of people have to take the law unto themselves and take the live of another human being? What you guys are advocating is jungle law. Its all fine till its against someone you know.

Quote:

I am surprised by the views expressed here
Same here. I cannot digest the justification for the killing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 330762)
What else do you suggest for a person who is endangering the lives of people just because he is hurt? What if each of us starts pelting stones everyday everytime your car gets a scratch?

Yes, if required policemen should open fire and massacre all the mobs who try and disrupt public property. There is no other way out. If there is? Please suggest.

I Suggest that he gets arrested and is given a punishment by the court.

Also the policeman arent supposed to open fire but use methods that will handicap the mob such as tear gas and water cannons.

This whole situation was caused by someone taking the law into his own hands and just became worse after the mob did the same,

My point is that particular person, who was pelting stone, needs to be educated about traffic rules & hazards (actually, it should have been already done by our education system). Killing him would serve no purpose except escalating the issue.