Sometimes you 96 42.48%
Definitely NOT you 40 17.70%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2006, 17:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da MotorHead View Post
On second thoughts, if i were doing it myself, i would be a lot thiner .. )
If you were any thinner then you would be giving competition to Hellspawn & would practically be invisible
Old 8th December 2006, 19:36   #32
BHPian

Its only me....i do it most of the times, at times i give it to the service center !!
Old 6th April 2009, 00:51   #33
BANNED

which is best Wax to Use?Any suggestions??

I wash my car myself..Just plain water 2-3 a week.Also i had the teflon coat done in my first free checkup from Maruti service station.Though it was not worth if every 6months they get the coat done and slight touch up required also done.It was deal for 2 yrs(teflon body coat,undercoat,engine coat etc).Now it is up.
Any recommended waxes or polish.Please let me know.which company should i look for? Also i would like to get the seat covers cleaned myself.Any liquid clear for that.MSS charge ard 1000 Rs for the same.So i plan to do it myself..
Old 6th April 2009, 12:12   #34
BHPian

My driver used to do the washing till he was around and i used to supervise waxing / vacum on sunday's , now that he is gone i do the cleaning myself .feels good when the car is clean & shining , Other folks in my building thinks am stingy in spending 200 odd Rs. for cleaning .

IMHO people need to appreciate "Diginity of Labour" and when i have spent 5 odd lacs to purchase the car might aswell spend time in maintaining it . my building watchman who cleans other cars just brush the dust off and uses the same cloth without rinsing properly and they dont realize the harm done to their car exterior.
Old 6th April 2009, 12:17   #35
rippergeo

I clean it myself, thats why its so dirty! Occasionally, when I just cant take time off to do so, I take it to a carwash place.

Old 6th April 2009, 12:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Yours Truly but once a week only ! Got too many vehicles to wash to be able to do it everyday !
Old 6th April 2009, 12:20   #37
BHPian

My car cleaner cleans the car everday and about once in 10 days i give it outside for a thorough wash and wax. I feel really uncomfortable if my car is not clean.
Old 6th April 2009, 13:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

wash it myself, with water and my hand to remove the dust and prevent scratches, then with cloth to dry it
Old 6th April 2009, 14:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Do it every weekend. If its too dirty, I take it to the service station.

Isn't washing it everyday regardless of how dirty/clean it is un-necessary?
Old 6th April 2009, 14:07   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Isn't washing it everyday regardless of how dirty/clean it is un-necessary?
I clean my vehicles myself - every two weeks

One must clean them only if they look very bad - too much cleaning is not good as fine scratches form on teh paint surface.

My two cents: keep the glass area and the tyres super clean - that alone would add to the visual appeal. Wet wipe the body and interior floor every two weeks
Old 6th April 2009, 17:24   #41
BHPian

Made a deal with the Apartment security guard. and he washes my car and 3 bikes twice a week
Old 6th April 2009, 21:49   #42
BHPian

The care taker in my apartment complex washes my car everyday for a monthly sum of Rs.300.

Since he washes it everyday and most days my car would be confined to the office basement parking lot, he doesnot need to toil much.
Old 7th April 2009, 04:12   #43
BHPian

I "pressure bucket wash" it myself. This involves violently hurling mugs of water on the car until the dirt is washed off, shampooing it and more violent splashing to get the shampoo off. However, my schedule permits me to do this only once in 10 days or so. Rest of the time I just wipe the glass areas, mirrors and the black A & B pillars (its a Swift).
I avoid the "wet cloth wipe off" method altogether. Consequently, I have very few swirl marks.
Old 7th April 2009, 08:34   #44
BHPian

Cant do it myself as on weekdays, as I have to take-off for work by 0700 in the morning and on the weekends, I am too lazy to take up the job of cleaning.

My gaurd does the cleaning of my car everyday, on Sundays he cleans the car from inside, this includes cleaning of seat covers and mats, vacuuming the carpets etc..

He really does a nice job.
Old 7th April 2009, 08:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

I wash my car myself once a week. water hose the car, shampoo it and again water hose it. Polishing once in 3 months (more frequent if I can muster time and energy).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks