Team-BHP - Favourite Scale model brand
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Favourite Scale model brand (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/19533-favourite-scale-model-brand.html)

This one's for the scale model collectors. Which brand is your favourite scale model manufacturer............There are many to choose from, mainly those that i can remember have been listed here.....
Ps. Did a search and could not find this thread to have been started.

I Prefer Auto art... The models are very precise and very very well done...

Godfather

you forgot BBurago. Bburago is much better than Maisto and Hot Wheels. I hear Auto Art is good too

From what i gathered on the net this company will cease to exist from 2007......but you are right i did miss it out. Sorry!!

Auto Art for me. Got a Jag XK-SS made by Auto Art and the dtailing on that is superb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 336275)
Auto Art for me. Got a Jag XK-SS made by Auto Art and the dtailing on that is superb.

Exactily my point... I have a Skyline 34 vspec from them and a Pontiac GTO... very nice detailing... Love the carpets on the skyline..

Godfather

ive just ordered some beauty's from this brand: Kyosho and believe me they are catching up fast and are cheaper too!! so for me value for money.
I like minichamps too............waiting to get their Bentley Arnage T brilliant+lovely work on the interiors....

Minichamps makes good smaller cars 1:43,
Kyosho is expensive, but great detail.
Don't get the two in India.
Maisto and Hot Wheels dont have good detail, aswell as bburago.
1:18 - Autoart is king.

PS: there are alot of other brands, but not avaliable in India - pity

Autoart is the best though I like the Kyoshos too. I just have one Kyosho 1:18 Ferrari 308 GTB great detailing

The good part about Autoart is the engine detailing is precise unlike just one psingle piece in the Maistos. I love my Bburago Ferraris more than the Hot Wheels but they did a good job with the F430

I only have 1 1:18 from Minichamps thats the Schumacher Jordan 191 (Schumis debut F1 car). Very exp though paid 4k for it.

My Pagani Zonda 1:18 is a Motormax not great quality but at 17 dollars it was a steal.

ERTL is another company who mostly makes 1:18 models from film and TV series cars

I have the 1:18 Knight Rider and the Paul Walker Skyline from 2F2F from ERTL

The Knight Rider has good detailing with a working front red scanner, eject seat and a winch below the car at the front. Cockpit detailng is good and it come with removable T tops

I have a pretty large collection of matchbox models that i'd collected as a kid. I used to have a thing for fire trucks, so there're a lot of those (like a collection within a collection). There was also a model with spring loaded sections in the doors, bonnet and so on. If you rammed it with another car it would show 'crash damage'. Very cool!

Kinsmart too!! Btw i voted for autoart.

Kinsmart which one is that ?!!

[HTML]Kinsmart which one is that ?!![/HTML]
Thats a Chinese make.....Was shopping the other day in Pune(Buying toys for my daughter)when I stumbled upon these models.
Brought a Nissan Skyline GTR,BMW Z8,Renault clio V6,New VW Beetle,Ford Focus and Porsche Cayenne Turbo.All being priced at Rs.90 each except for the Beemer which was for Rs.150.
Both front doors open in the models with th hood opening in the Z8 in addition to the doors.
Surprisingly,detailing and quality look good for this price.

what scale were these??

Nissan Skyline - 1:36,BMW - 1:32,Renault - 1:30,Beetle - 1:32,Ford Focus - 1:34,Porsche - 1:38....