Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2006, 18:51   #1
BHPian

Paes- Bhupathi split !

I'm not sure how many tennis enthusiasts are there in team-BHP, but felt like knowing your views on what u guys thought about the recent decision by Bhupathi to never to play again with Paes.

Paes and Bhupathi have been the best Indian tennis pair duo, probably in the history of Indian tennis. And the recent gold medal they won at Asian games proves that they are still good together. And just minutes after winning it, he announces he'll never play with Paes again. Correct me if I'm wrong but together they were 2 world rankings some few years back. So why split ?

I actually have not been following this very closely, but does anyone know why exactly they are splitting? I heard they had some personal problems together, but they represent India's 1 billion plus population and how fair is it to put the expectations of 1 billion people at risk for their personal problems. Their split also means india's tennis rankning will go down.

Moreover, its only Bhpathi making all kinds of noises in the media. Paes has been quiet.
Old 17th December 2006, 00:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Who knows what really happened ? From what I have heard one of them had a huge ego (not too hard to work out which one) and had his head stuck where the sun dont shine.

One thing is for sure the pair dominated on the doubles circuit. They made a lot of money together winning many doubles titles at grand slam events. They have still had success in mixed doubles but not on the same scale as the Paes Bupathi partnership.

They were ranked number one as a doubles pair for some time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks