Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 13:10   #121
BHPian

Wow there are some scary pics out here specially the S class!

Its a shame to see a Mustang being destroyed by a drunkard...
Old 6th May 2009, 13:17   #122
Senior - BHPian

The Lambo accident might be a fit of Jealousy. Either the car itself or may the co- passenger in the car? Plus there are quite a few ladies around so it just might have been that.
Old 6th May 2009, 18:00   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoor View Post
Wow there are some scary pics out here specially the S class!

Its a shame to see a Mustang being destroyed by a drunkard...
What S class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
IMO, that tyre was kept aside for safety purpose. No way the tyre could have rolled out in an accident in such a small lane road. Just my guess
As far as I know - One is not allowed to move stuff / cars around in case of an accident in the UAE till a complete survey is done by the cops.. DXB residents please confirm.

Momentum generated can make tires roll even further.

Or..you might be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
How on earth did such a big accident take place on THAT road!!!!!

Just look where that tire is
Thats not even a proper road; Its an access road to the JBR (Jumeira Beach Residency) parking bays..One of the best residential parking lots i've been in..some real beauties dwell here.

Last edited by R32_GTR : 6th May 2009 at 18:02.
Old 6th May 2009, 18:12   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
What S class?
Guess he was referring to the pic of the totally smashed up Merc S Class pic posted on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Thats not even a proper road.
Exactly what i was saying, how did he manage to get to such a speed on that road!!
Old 6th May 2009, 19:07   #125
BHPian

Quote:
How on earth did such a big accident take place on THAT road!!!!!

Just look where that tire is
I am guessing that this is not the place where the accident took place. This rather looks like a yard or something where they keep cars that have met with accidents. The other cars parked on the sides seem to be damaged aswell, the toyota sedan and the hatch in one of the photos is also parked in the same lot, another toyota hatch (silver one) , the first in the line of cars also has some major damage near the back door.
Old 6th May 2009, 19:16   #126
Senior - BHPian

LOL, i surely doesn't seem like a junk yard!

What it seems to me is that, the Mustang was really goin fast on the road you see 4th pic, lost control or so and ran into the cars parked in the lot.
Old 6th May 2009, 19:54   #127
BHPian

Thats a limited edition California GT!!
Old 6th May 2009, 21:23   #128
BHPian

Quote:
LOL, i surely doesn't seem like a junk yard!

What it seems to me is that, the Mustang was really goin fast on the road you see 4th pic, lost control or so and ran into the cars parked in the lot.
dear friend, a yard doesnt necessarily means a junk yard. Havent you seen the accident vehicles parked in police stations after being towed away from the accident spot. Also the theory on this car ramming into the cars parked doesnt at all seem like a possiblity since the golden sedan is damaged on the right side and the mustang seems to be pointing in a different direction, even if u say the stang crashed into the toyotalfrom the right side and came to halt in the opposite direction, then how do u explain the damage to the silver color hatch right in the begining of the parking lot. if only the golden sedan and white hatch was involved then wot you said could be a possiblity, but since there another car also , the white hatch which "co-incidentally" happens to have major damage is also there, atleast to me it looks as if its some place where damaged cars are kept either for repair, or for police or insurance procedures or something of that sorts.
Old 6th May 2009, 21:28   #129
Senior - BHPian

So if the Mustang didnt lose control and run into the cars, how is the tire a few meters away?? It must have hit something for sure. And even if they did just dump the cars there why didn't they bother to move the tire??

There are just my thoughts, nothing more.

BTW, the golden car and the white one is parked in an angled way and it seems from the pic that getting hit on the right side is a possibility.

Last edited by karthik247 : 6th May 2009 at 21:36.
Old 7th May 2009, 14:23   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
Q: What happens when you run an S500 into a lamp post at over 180kmph?

A: Attachment 93543

The car was turned into a wreckage. By the time the medics reached the spot, the driver was already crushed to death and the medics had to cut portions of the car with special machinery to get the driver's body out.

Source: "7days" newspaper

PS: Sorry for picture quality.

I was actually talking about this post when I refered to the S class!
Old 7th May 2009, 14:39   #131
Senior - BHPian

God this thread is scary. Thank god that speeds here are slightly in limit or we would be competing with them!!!

Hope things get better else the line said by one member will come true. We will have to be seated in a black box while driving
Old 7th May 2009, 22:45   #132
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
Q: What happens when you run an S500 into a lamp post at over 180kmph?
A:

The car was turned into a wreckage. By the time the medics reached the spot, the driver was already crushed to death and the medics had to cut portions of the car with special machinery to get the driver's body out.

Source: "7days" newspaper

PS: Sorry for picture quality.
I was actually talking about this post when I refered to the S class!
Reminds me of another S-class Mercedes crash into an unyielding metal-reinforced pillar.

Dodi Al-Fayed's metallic black Mercedes S280 crashed into the 13th pillar on the left, inside the Pont de l'Alma tunnel at 00:23 on 31st August 1997.

The pillar was made of unyielding steel-reinforced concrete. The Mercedes-Benz S280 (W140) crumpled against it at 105 km/h,
bounced off, spun 180 degrees counterclockwise and came to rest pointing in the opposite direction, its piercing Bosch horn screaming continuously into the dark tunnel.

Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics-dodimercpillars.jpg

The legal speed limit in the Pont de l'Alma tunnel is 50 km/h.

Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics-dodimercwreck.jpg

The driver Henri Paul and his employer Dodi Fayed lost their lives on the spot. Lady Diana Spencer (Princess of Wales, UK) passed away three and a half hours later in hospital.

None of the four occupants of the car had worn seat belts.

The only survivor was Dodi Fayed's bodyguard, Trevor Rees-Jones. The passenger-side airbag deployed and saved his life.

But he suffered serious head injuries. Many bones in his face shattered, many were crushed as his face got flattened.

French oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Luc Chikhani reconstructed his face from his family photographs using 150 pieces of titanium to hold the bones together and recreate the original shape.

Within a year, Rees-Jones's face was nearly back to normal.
Old 7th May 2009, 22:51   #133
Senior - BHPian

Isn't this "Accidents in Dubai"?
Old 7th May 2009, 23:51   #134
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't this "Accidents in Dubai"?
You're right karthik247. And the S-klasse Mercedes crash into a pillar, that I was reminded of, happened in Paris, France. So, I guess it's off-topic. Sorry.
Old 25th May 2009, 02:08   #135
BHPian

Accident in dubai

Old Honda City in Dubai, Sideswiping with a pickup / small truck at 100 kmph.... vehicle was complete writeoff... Driver was alone and survived with minor injuries... My luck on that day was that I was not in it otherwise the passenger on the front seat would have been me.............
Attached Thumbnails
Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics-08062008005.jpg  

Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics-08062008006.jpg  

Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics-08062008007.jpg  

Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics-08062008008.jpg  

Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics-08062008009.jpg  

Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics-08062008010.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks