Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:54   #31
Max
BHPian

i know this guy peter in goa his number is 9823761839 / 9823582199, i rented activa and air port transfers from him. he will provide you with honda activa scooter and car's with driver. He is reliable guy. you may even ask him for airport transfer or cars rental. he can drop activa or car at your hotel as well.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:16   #32
BHPian

Re: Self Drive Car / Jeep Rentals in Goa?

Just returned from a trip to Goa. I tried "Joey's car rental", as they seemed professionally organized. They agreed to drop a Santro off at the airport for me (Rs. 1000 per day + Rs 200 pick up charges). They even called me a few minutes before boarding my flight, and confirmed that someone will be there with my name card to give me the vehicle.
Landed in Dabolim airport, no one shows up. I called Joey's and they gave me the driver's number. Called the driver, and he claims he would reach in "10 minutes". I waited for around half-an-hour, and gave up!
Now, we were staying in south Goa, which is a more peaceful and less "happening" place than north, so there were not much options of car rental there. But somehow, I managed to find something... there was this guy named Francis who's running a shack (Misha's Hut), and he got me a battered old Aalto (with AC, but no PS). After negotiations, it was Rs. 1,200 for 12 hours. It was a bad deal, but unfortunately it's a monopoly. Anyways, we had a good time with the car. Drove down to Calangute, visited Old Goa churches and had a great seafood lunch at Souza Lobo's beach shack.
Old 10th May 2011, 23:48   #33
BHPian

are there any other leads in renting a self driven car in south goa , going for 5 days in the end of may , any help is appreciated
thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 08:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Are there any reliable car/jeep rental contacts in goa? can anyone please share?
Old 19th August 2014, 17:12   #35
BHPian

Guys,

I'm going to Goa with my Family next month(September). Can you provide me pointers to a Self Drive Car from near the Railway station. I would like to avail the car as soon as I arrive in Goa and drop the car in the same place while going back.

I have not planned for the accomodation yet.

Much thanks in advance
Old 20th August 2014, 14:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielthomas View Post
Guys,

I'm going to Goa with my Family next month(September). Can you provide me pointers to a Self Drive Car from near the Railway station. I would like to avail the car as soon as I arrive in Goa and drop the car in the same place while going back.

I have not planned for the accomodation yet.

Much thanks in advance
I was in goa during the independence day weekend and had rented a maruti ritz (black/yellow number plate)as a self drive option from airport (pick up and drop)

Contact details-Zain travels/9765876416

The car was delivered to me at the airport and i returned it back at the airport as well

Charges were 1400 per day (There was an option for wagon r for 900 as well but i was told thats not the black/yellow number plate)

Overall i was pretty satisfied with the car and prompt service

They will ask you to give a 5000 rs deposit which would be given back once you return the car

Fuel is to be filled by self as per one's usage
Old 20th August 2014, 16:38   #37
BHPian

@Rajesh - what is advantage of taking a black-and-yellow plated car in Goa?
Old 21st August 2014, 13:24   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
Hi Nag,

I was told the traffic cops quite often stop the non yellow/black number plates since its legally not right to hire out private cars to the tourists

So to be safe i went for the legal ones

Though another t-bhpian silverwood and our friendly mod mobike008 who is currently in goa both hired the non yellow/black ones and have faced no trouble from the cops

RR..
Old 21st August 2014, 13:29   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
Some hotels do not allow locally registered cars in due to issues with the local taxi mafia
Old 21st August 2014, 13:49   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
I was told the traffic cops quite often stop the non yellow/black number plates since its legally not right to hire out private cars to the tourists
And how will the cops know you are a tourist? and even if they stop you and find out that you're from another place, there is no law that prevents you from "borrowing" and driving a friends private car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Now, we were staying in south Goa, which is a more peaceful and less "happening" place than north, so there were not much options of car rental there.
All the rental cars (Black/Yellow plates) are registered in Margao (GA-08). There is a place in Borda where all sorts of vehicles are available for rent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDART View Post
Does anyone have any south goa car rental numbers?
Don't know the numbers but the place in in Margao. In any case, your hotel will be able to help you get a car.
Old 21st August 2014, 14:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

Even I am looking for a self-drive rental in Goa, for mid September. I found this link:
http://www.carrentalsingoa.in/tariff.html

Pricing is very similar to Zain Travels mentioned by Rajesh Rawal in his post.
Old 21st August 2014, 14:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Oops, editing time just expired.

I just spoke to this guy Ryan D'Souza of 'Car Rentals in Goa'. He said 1000 Rs per day for white plate Wagon R and 1200 Rs/day for black/yellow plate, with all the taxes. Sounds decent for airport self-drive option. And you need to book 3-4 days in advance, that's all.

He asked if we are family. When I said we are 3 friends, he expressed concern about drunken driving, illegal parking etc. I told him I will be staying in a resort just about 10 km away from my own house and that I am familiar with Madgaon area (it's true, I don't want to stay at my house). Then he got the confidence that I will take care of his car and obey traffic rules
Old 8th September 2014, 14:37   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Just returned from a trip to Goa. I tried "Joey's car rental", as they seemed professionally organized.
I wouldn't vote for this either. I called them up to enquire and book a self drive car, the call got disconnected mid way and they did not bother to call back. The way that guy spoke was also very unprofessional.

Just my view.
Old 9th September 2014, 10:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Contact details-Zain travels/9765876416
I called up Zain Travels few minutes back and they told me they could give me an Ritz with Black and Yellow number plates for 1400/day. The person advised me that B&Y Number plates are legal to be driven in Goa and they also have White Number plates that could be questioned by Cops. Based on her suggestion, I'm considering the Ritz with B&Y plates. So wanted to know your views before I can take final decision.

I also contact CarzOnRent (Mr Aryan Dsouzza) he told he that he will revert, but till now he hasn't.

Should I wait or shall I go in with the Ritz? Please let me know.
Old 9th September 2014, 14:15   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Oops, editing time just expired.

I just spoke to this guy Ryan D'Souza of 'Car Rentals in Goa'. He said 1000 Rs per day for white plate Wagon R and 1200 Rs/day for black/yellow plate, with all the taxes. Sounds decent for airport self-drive option. And you need to book 3-4 days in advance, that's all.

He asked if we are family. When I said we are 3 friends, he expressed concern about drunken driving, illegal parking etc. I told him I will be staying in a resort just about 10 km away from my own house and that I am familiar with Madgaon area (it's true, I don't want to stay at my house). Then he got the confidence that I will take care of his car and obey traffic rules
Rohan, is this Ryan guy reliable? I have sent him 2 emails on two days but he does not even respond! I dont know... maybe it goes well with the generally laidback Goa style but I kind of find it weird when someone does not bother to respond to business mails!

Do you also have Zain's details? I need to book a self drive Innova for 3 days later this month in Goa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks