Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:20   #166
BHPian

@ RPM : I am getting the Savage X 4.6 which has a 2 speed transmission. Check it out at: ::HPI RACING::

The Savage XL has a 5.9cc engine with a 3 speed transmission. I was considering that but it was going slightly over my budget.

Also, the Savage X can be upgraded to the XL in the future.
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:43   #167
BHPian

I am so glad you guys know your RCs. Yes the XL is a X upgraded truck. Longer TVPs and a lot of modded parts. But the X 4.6 is a much faster truck. The F4.6 Engine on the X is superb and much more on the speed and torque front. The K5.9 Engine is a high torque engine but yes, if you can get a good tuned pipe, it could scream. But so could the 4.6.

I personally am a fa of the F4.6 Savage X. You can check out my video from the past.

You may need to adjust the gearing on the truck. Its not always perfectly set from the factory. And then you also need to tune the engine. I suggest, do a good tune up first and then do the gear adjustment. You'll love it.

Good choice CLS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post
@ RPM : I am getting the Savage X 4.6 which has a 2 speed transmission. Check it out at: ::HPI RACING::

The Savage XL has a 5.9cc engine with a 3 speed transmission. I was considering that but it was going slightly over my budget.

Also, the Savage X can be upgraded to the XL in the future.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2008 at 19:14. Reason: Will be sending you a PM.
Old 3rd September 2008, 15:13   #168
BHPian

my contribution of RC Models..

Hi all,

My Maisto Custom Shop R/C 1:24 2006 Dodge Challenger Concept
comes with Billet Specialties Street Lite Wheels..
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-me2-009.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-me2-010.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-me2-011.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-me2-012.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-me2-013.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-me2-014.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-me2-015.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-me2-016.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-me2-017.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-me2-018.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2008, 15:32   #169
BHPian

Hi kapiljolly79! Thanks for the advice. I cant wait to get my hands on the savage. It should be here by the 12th of September. From your experience, is there anything I should particularly look out for or be aware of, before I start running the savage?
Old 3rd September 2008, 15:52   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
Hi all,

My Maisto Custom Shop R/C 1:24 2006 Dodge Challenger Concept
comes with Billet Specialties Street Lite Wheels..
Dude. How fast does this thingy go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post
Hi kapiljolly79! Thanks for the advice. I cant wait to get my hands on the savage. It should be here by the 12th of September. From your experience, is there anything I should particularly look out for or be aware of, before I start running the savage?
I am glad you asked. Yes, there is a lot of things you need to look into before you run the savage. Even though it is an RTR, it doesn't actually mean fill it and run it. You need to check a lot of things.

First and foremost, the fuel. What mix are you using? What are the ingredients of your mixture? Since India does not have ready made fuel, you will need to tell me in detail of the ingredients.

Secondly, before you start the run in procedure, you need to check all electronics for proper functionality. Also, do not use regular batteries. Only use 2100mah and above rechargeables.

Thirdly, check the engine and spur gear mesh. The best way to do it is to use a small strip of notebook paper and push it inbetween the mesh. keeping the mesh tight with the paper, tighten the engine down to the heat sink. Then rotate the gears and remove the paper. You will have a perfect mesh.

Now we get to the run in procedure. The simplest way of a run in procedure is to fill fuel and start the truck and keep it on a stand so that the wheels are in the air. You will see graphical presentations of the same in the manual. However, I would advice you to first heat the engine with a hair dryer to a decent temp and then do this. This is to avoid excess load on the crank so that you don't lose the top end pinch due to a cold run in.

Do this for atleast two tank fulls. Then do the number eight turns on two tanks at very short burts of acceleration. Once you've done four tanks, which I suggest you do in one day to maintain temperature of the engine, you are set to tuning it.

I think till this point you should be set. If you have any tuning issues, let me know once the truck is in and I shall help you out then.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th September 2008 at 03:08. Reason: Posts merged. Also, please try and reply BELOW the quoted post instead of above it. Thanks.
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:31   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Dude. How fast does this thingy go?
It can touch 45-50km/h...i use it mainly for drifts and donuts..
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:32   #172
BHPian

WHAT?? 45-50kmph??? That must be scale speed. If its real speed, you can bet you're mistaken.

Sidi!! You see that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
It can touch 45-50km/h...i use it mainly for drifts and donuts..
Old 3rd September 2008, 17:07   #173
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Kapil please give me a missed call on +919833587999 if youre saying that 4K can get me insurance from india. please do call me asap. The order has about 3 days to leave I can cancel on it and buy it from you...with warranty.
Old 3rd September 2008, 18:36   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
WHAT?? 45-50kmph??? That must be scale speed. If its real speed, you can bet you're mistaken.

Sidi!! You see that?
@ kapil dude trust me it goes that fast..have clocked it and checked it on a speed gun also.. will post the vid if ya want me to do so..cheers:
Old 4th September 2008, 00:02   #175
Awaiting Email Confirmation

here's the deal on the top speed of the maisto -
1:24 Scale 1970 Plymouth Hemi Barracuda RC Car - WowZzers!
its upto 150mph scale speed.
need a new speed gun? I can help.

Last edited by nitroxx : 4th September 2008 at 00:03.
Old 4th September 2008, 01:43   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
This car is very slow its 27mhz,i had seen it in croma and retails for Rs.995/- but not wirth the monies man only show but no go
Old 4th September 2008, 03:19   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
27mhz cars are very slow,you could have gone for a little more 32+ mhz,obvious the rates also goes multiplying ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Yeah ramie, i was wondering the same. I have a 27 Mhz hummer and also others that are 40-49 mhz and found that the latter ones are much faster. What is the deal here, i thought frequencies didnt matter , it was the motor and the weight of the car that mattered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
This car is very slow its 27mhz...
I havent been following this thread too closely, but i really dont think there is any real co-relation between the car's speed and radio-frequency since this isn't a CPU we are talking about.

cya
R
Old 4th September 2008, 11:02   #178
BHPian

Thanks Mickey. Ruffryder, bro you do need a real speed gun.

For real speeds, please see this. HPI Racing Europe - How Fast Do They Go?

Cheers brother. cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Old 4th September 2008, 11:23   #179
BHPian

Guys, 27mhz or 32mhz has absolutely no corelation to the speed. Its just a radio frequency transmission for the same freq receiver. It has no relation to speed. Speed mainly depends on gear ratios, power train=motor, fuel/batteries, nitro content/amps of the batteries.

Couldn't simplify it further.
Old 4th September 2008, 12:01   #180
BHPian

@CLS55AMG: I would suggest you get in touch with Kapil before running in your savage X,he will point you in the right direction.The main reason why I have stayed away from nitro is the tuning, maintainence etc.(an optional 3 speed transmission is available for the savage X -maybe you can get it at a later stage).

@Kapil: Please let us know about the HPI event in mumbai, it will be awesome to meet/race fellow RC enthusiasts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks