Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2008, 17:38   #286
BHPian

@Mura: Yes i have driven the slash. After spending some time with it i felt it didnt handle as well as the stadium trucks specially the firestorm.

@Iceman: awesome. Cant wait for that day to come.

@Mail4ajo: The slash no doubt looks the best of the lot, but to upgrade to a brushless system would cost about 150usd, plus there is no support in India. The slash is good its just that if i had a choice it would be the firestorm.
Old 13th November 2008, 17:56   #287
BHPian

I second that. If one has to upgrade later, might as well buy one tough truck now and enjoy it. Its not like you need to spend months learning to drive a RC vehicle. Eventually the slow sluggish one will bore you out. Especially once you start enjoying control, you'd want to push the limits but the vehicle will hold you back.

4ajo, you need to enjoy your car out of the box. I'd go with R.P.M on his choice. cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
@Mura: Yes i have driven the slash. After spending some time with it i felt it didnt handle as well as the stadium trucks specially the firestorm.

@Mail4ajo: The slash no doubt looks the best of the lot, but to upgrade to a brushless system would cost about 150usd, plus there is no support in India. The slash is good its just that if i had a choice it would be the firestorm.
Old 19th November 2008, 13:38   #288
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
RC cars and parts are 12.5% , Dealers are ripping you off saying 33%.

See Chapter 95 of Tariff structure on any of the customs web sites.

Some shipments via Airmail get through but almost all via courier like Fedex, UPS get charged duty.
In reference to this post, a gentleman named Kapil Jolly had the following comment to add:

Quote:
He may be quoted for saying that the duty is 12.5. Its not. Its just basic custom duty that is 12.5 % and then there is also 4% CVD that is levied. The calculation comes to about 17% change. Request user to edit thread after referring to chapter 95 of customs duty.
Old 21st November 2008, 07:12   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In reference to this post, a gentleman named Kapil Jolly had the following comment to add:
Thare are no Countervailing duties (CVD) for Chapter 95 items.

If you are reselling the imported items you have to bill the same with 12.5% VAT.
Old 21st November 2008, 07:18   #290
Senior - BHPian

its 4 percent vat. Thats what i was told.
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:05   #291
Senior - BHPian

A cousin who is in high toy RC wants to upgrade to a hobby level electric monster truck. He can spend upto $400. I am planning to pick it for him along with mine shortly.

He is comparing a HPI E- Savage to a Traxxas E- Maxx. Since we have some high users on tbhp, I thought I will listen to your opinions / recommendations. I noticed that Savage has battery and charger included while Emaxx doesnt.

I like both these, but cost keep me away. Basic is for me now.
Old 25th November 2008, 10:37   #292
BHPian

The E-Savage would definitely be a better bet and value for money. Its fast, comes with two 540 motors, two 3300 mah batteries and a high speed dual charger. All put together a very very neat package for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
A cousin who is in high toy RC wants to upgrade to a hobby level electric monster truck. He can spend upto $400. I am planning to pick it for him along with mine shortly.

He is comparing a HPI E- Savage to a Traxxas E- Maxx. Since we have some high users on tbhp, I thought I will listen to your opinions / recommendations. I noticed that Savage has battery and charger included while Emaxx doesnt.

I like both these, but cost keep me away. Basic is for me now.
Old 25th November 2008, 17:49   #293

I Dont Want My Hpi To Rot!!

guys i need your help!
i had ordered for my HPI savage X for 31000Rs somewhere around 3 years back, inclusive of all spares and performance parts etc, and if i had to sell it after using probably 2 gallons of nitrofuel with a broken front differential bevel. how much could i qoute for it ? i've been using it rarely this last months, the engine in still maintained with lubricants i bought incase it stays idle for a while. the batteries are charged now and then. everything is in excellent running condition.
Old 27th November 2008, 17:44   #294
BHPian

HPI RC vs a Real Scale Car.

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on this forum, or posting ANY information relevant to the brands that you represent.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd December 2008 at 11:31.
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:46   #295
BHPian

hello friends , i am a newbie in this field and reading this thread from past 1 hour and all i want to say is that i want THIS ONE . please help

Old 3rd December 2008, 10:58   #296
Senior - BHPian

Aarey notorious bhai its a Maisto RC its available everywhere just check out a Mall near your place,it costs somewhere around Rs.2700/- its a full VFM but the speeds are slow.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:02   #297
BHPian

Is it available in coroma store ????
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:09   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Is it available in coroma store ????
Yess brother its available at Crome stores,you can even find the Ford Mustang with a transparent Bonet and extreme low profile bling-bling rims there but will be a little expensive though 1:10scale model
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:37   #299
BHPian

Please Help!

guys what fuel do you use? do you brew (mix) it yourself, Is it a Methanol+Castoroil+Nitro Mix?
Is there a place i can also source it from.
I'm based in Kerala and methanol is not freely available here.
I'm looking for a 78% Methanol+20%castor+2%Nitro.
If Nitro is available then 78+22.
This is for Aero purpose.
Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:49   #300
Senior - BHPian

Avaiable in coimbatore, hyderabad chennai bangaloe etc.
there is also nitro mixture available branded in a can, bombay and hyderabad sell them . they are imported racing fuels for nitro engines

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks