Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 22:31   #691
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have a guide to program a digital car radio? I got a new Sanwa 2.4 Radio and have no idea on the settings available. This is my first Digital Radio. I managed to bind the unit, set the fail safe and reverse the servo, though.

My manual doesnt say why and how the settings should be used. I went through the manuals of similarily specd radios from Futaba, spectrum, KO Propo etc. Could not get much information on programming.

I would like to know the result of each setting, For example, what happens if I reduce or increase the values on EPA and how it will affect the handling of the car.

If some one has more info, please post or direct to it.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 24th November 2009 at 22:35.
Old 25th November 2009, 08:14   #692

Ajo,
Here are some details which maybe of help to you.
The Steering Dual rates function is used to change the amount of steering servo travel compared to the amount of movement of steering wheel. Example by increasing the steering dual rate you can make the steering servo travel more which might prevent your model from pushing during the turns, if your model over steers during turns you can reduce the amount of steering dual rates.
Old 30th November 2009, 11:46   #693

Help Help...
I have a thunder tiger eb4. Planing to take part in the B'lore race this weekend. My tires are bald and no body has stock of tires. Can some one suggest a shop where tires for the buggies will be available?..
Old 30th November 2009, 12:17   #694
BHPian

Hey everyone, here's the new 1:8 Caster Racing ZX1.5R I just got. It has a .21 GoTech engine.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-casterzx1.5rcomplete_1.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-casterzx1.5rcomplete_2.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-zx1.5r2.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-zx1.5r3.jpg  

Old 30th November 2009, 14:38   #695

Quote:
Originally Posted by above the limit View Post
Help Help...
I have a thunder tiger eb4. Planing to take part in the B'lore race this weekend. My tires are bald and no body has stock of tires. Can some one suggest a shop where tires for the buggies will be available?..
In your buggy you can use DLD TIRES OR PRO LINE tires.... DLD is available with Siddharth of HPI in mumbai... and pro-line is going to launch in india this december mid with their range of tyres.
Old 30th November 2009, 14:40   #696

Quote:
Help Help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1go View Post
Hey everyone, here's the new 1:8 Caster Racing ZX1.5R I just got. It has a .21 GoTech engine.

DUDE she look neat... Congrats..

So are you coming for the Bangalore race this weekend.. as I have read that GO engines are really nice and give you a go high and low end power.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:06   #697

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM BRC View Post
In your buggy you can use DLD TIRES OR PRO LINE tires.... DLD is available with Siddharth of HPI in mumbai... and pro-line is going to launch in india this december mid with their range of tyres.
Hi,
I spoke to Sidharth Of HPI not sure if he is from Mumbai. For a set of 4 with wheels is Rs.3200. I feel its way too expensive. Where is Pro line going to be Based. Mumbai or Delhi?..
Old 30th November 2009, 15:08   #698

Quote:
I spoke to Sidharth some time back. Tires are costing about 3200 for a set of 4. I feel its very expensive..
Old 30th November 2009, 15:26   #699

1:10 Slr

got this one a few days back.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-15335_198533879984_689514984_2909740_8197239_n.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-15335_198533844984_689514984_2909734_5164138_n.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-15335_198533849984_689514984_2909735_5458714_n.jpg  

Old 7th December 2009, 22:55   #700
BHPian

I watched the RC car competetion event at Pit Stop, JP Nagar Bangalore this Sunday. Got hooked and now want to buy one for myself! I had a electric RC car Nikko Make & Ferrari F40 few years back, my son dissected it into pieces
Old 8th December 2009, 10:05   #701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
I watched the RC car competetion event at Pit Stop, JP Nagar Bangalore this Sunday. Got hooked and now want to buy one for myself! I had a electric RC car Nikko Make & Ferrari F40 few years back, my son dissected it into pieces
Go for Nitro Man...Its the best..Its a pain to maintain though..I have a thunder tiger EB4S2 bought it from Model Art in B'lore..I was racing with it. Its not the best but it is good to start with..

Note from Team BHP Support:
Please avoid dotty posts.
Old 8th December 2009, 11:12   #702

Quote:
Go for Nitro Man...Its the best..Its a pain to maintain though..I have a thunder tiger EB4S2 bought it from Model Art in B'lore..I was racing with it. Its not the best but it is good to start with..

Note from Team BHP Support:
Please avoid dotty posts.
Hey... I was also there at the event and it was a fantastic event. Thanks to RCINC for organizing such event and getting all RC Car modellers togeather. If you really want to get into the hobby you should buy the following to start with:

ULTRA LX1 from JAMMIN - NItro or Electric
Hot Bodies Firestorm - Nitro

The above are entry level racing buggies and for Stadium truck i think there is nothing better then the X2CRT (RTR) version from Jammin

Also then there are many other products in 1/10 scale electric like the Sparrowhawk, SCT 10 (short course truck), Hell fire from HPI, Traxxas cars, etc...

If there is anything you want to know more about this cars just post on the Radio controll thread and guys out here will be happy to help you out.

ENJOY AND CHEERS RCINC!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8th December 2009, 13:24   #703

Quote:
Hey... I was also there at the event and it was a fantastic event. Thanks to RCINC for organizing such event and getting all RC Car modellers togeather. If you really want to get into the hobby you should buy the following to start with:

ULTRA LX1 from JAMMIN - NItro or Electric
Hot Bodies Firestorm - Nitro

The above are entry level racing buggies and for Stadium truck i think there is nothing better then the X2CRT (RTR) version from Jammin

Also then there are many other products in 1/10 scale electric like the Sparrowhawk, SCT 10 (short course truck), Hell fire from HPI, Traxxas cars, etc...

If there is anything you want to know more about this cars just post on the Radio controll thread and guys out here will be happy to help you out.

ENJOY AND CHEERS RCINC!!!!!!!!!!
What is the engine spec in ULTRA LX1 from JAMMIN... What is the BHP ?..
Old 8th December 2009, 17:44   #704

Quote:
What is the engine spec in ULTRA LX1 from JAMMIN... What is the BHP ?..
IF I am not wrong it the RTR comes with a 0.28 size engine about the engine i would like to share this information to you... which i found on one of the Force distributors in UK..

" FCE2801 .28 Pull start engine

Force engines make many engines for many of the Worlds RC companies. The latest HPI Savage X is fitted with a Force .28 (4.6cc) manufactured engine hence the F4.6, the "F" standing for Force.
This replacement unit is a direct fit in a HPI Savage X and can be fitted in almost any modern day 1/8th Buggy/Truggy/Car. The Force .28 (4.6cc) has identical power characteristics and mounting of the clutch, air filter and engine mounts."

I think there is nothing more to say about this engine.... as till now the savage is got the best engine which is the F4.6 as I also own one of these engines and i love its torque...
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-fce2801.jpg  

Old 8th December 2009, 19:08   #705

Picture of the RCINC RACE

Here are a few photos of the RCINC race

I hope you guys like it ....
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-pc050063.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-pc050065.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-pc050067.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-pc050070.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-pc050074.jpg