Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 11:18   #826
BHPian

Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Is there a thread for R/C Helicopters? Just recently bought one and wanted to know more. Tried to search but couldn't find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sks_Biker View Post
I was hoping there was one too.. but not found here!
Well guys I guess you did not search hard enough

Your posts should fit here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...modelling.html
Old 2nd February 2012, 20:45   #827
BANNED

RC Road/Offroad vehicles & Ships Thread

Hi All,
Off late, I ve been seriously bitten by the RC truck bug and have visited various sites like Tamiya trucks, Wedico and a few others with the serious intention of procuring either an RC truck or a CAT 740 dumper and starting off a hobby of sorts.

What helps is the fact that since childhood, I ve never had the habit of breaking any toys and have had a passion for working scale models of cars, trucks and most of all, construction and mining equipment.

This thread aims to be the central thread for all RC cars, trucks, construction and mining equipment with users coming together from various places with their experiences, inputs and the possibility of forming city wise groups who can participate in weekend RC truck/car activities, get togethers etc.
Old 5th February 2012, 19:30   #828
BANNED

Hi There,
Do we have anyone on this forum who has a Tamiya RC Truck? I m interested to buy one (looking at the Scania 620 highline) and would be thankful if anyone can guide me to an outlet in India which does not fleece.
Old 6th February 2012, 01:03   #829
BHPian

Hi guys,
i am willing to sell my 1 year old Traxxas Slash 2wd with Tq 2.4Ghz remote and 7cell battery and charger.Motor is Titan 12T original and in top shape.
Upgrading to Summit 4x4 brushless.
The car is in top condition hardly used and upgraded with Big Bore shocks.
Selling price is very resonable.

If interested contact me on viky_s@yahoo.com or PM me

regards,
viky
Old 6th February 2012, 23:06   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi There,
Do we have anyone on this forum who has a Tamiya RC Truck? I m interested to buy one (looking at the Scania 620 highline) and would be thankful if anyone can guide me to an outlet in India which does not fleece.
Any reason for selecting Tamiya? They make amazing scale looking models. But they RC range is not exciting in the core segments. They are doing great in tanks, onroad cars, crawlers, drift cars, contruction and commercial segments. They are literally out of fast moving segments like Buggies, Monster trucks etc.

There is only one Tamiya dealer in India. Google tamiya india or check facebook for details.
Old 7th February 2012, 20:03   #831
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Any reason for selecting Tamiya?There is only one Tamiya dealer in India. Google tamiya india or check facebook for details.
Well, I saw quite a few videos and reports on the internet and you tube and most of them recommend Tamiya, at least abroad.

I was initially looking for Wedico but have been told that they are obscenely expensive.

Do you have any other recommendation if not Tamiya?
Old 7th February 2012, 20:08   #832
Senior - BHPian

I assume you are into construction equipment type RCs. Tamiya makes excellant offbeat RCs like tanks, trailers, Semis etc. I said that they are not popular in the fast moving sectors. Not many companies are into this. Wedico is another one, but like you said high priced due to the detailing. I suggest you look at the scale model thread here.
Old 7th February 2012, 20:13   #833
BANNED

Quote:
I assume you are into construction equipment type RCs. Tamiya makes excellant offbeat RCs like tanks, trailers, Semis etc.
I am interested in the Tamiya Scania tractor trailer, specifically the Scania R620 6x4 since it has very good features and finish.

I plan to add a tipper trailer to the tractor once I am able source and afford one since I feel a tipper can be used for RC get togethers and activities compared to a flat bed or a container.

This was the reason I was interested in the Wedico CAT HEMM RCs but they cost the sky and a bit more.

Do you know anyone who has a Wedico or a Tamiya semi in India?

Figured out the Tamiya dealer in India. Their site quotes INR 69000.00 for the Scania R620 tractor while the Tamiya USA site says it is USD 460.00.
Talk about fleecing people.

Last edited by n.devdath : 7th February 2012 at 20:21.
Old 7th February 2012, 20:20   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is only one Tamiya dealer in India. Google tamiya india or check facebook for details.
See above for your info.
Old 16th April 2012, 09:25   #835
Senior - BHPian

IRCRA is conducting a South Zone Championship RC Car Race, Chennai on April 21 & 22. The venue is the newly laid ECR track located near Hot Kitchen restaurant on ECR road.

You can see the top racers of India here. Come join us and have fun. All are invited. Special entry for beginner racers.

Tentative agenda:

Saturday 21st
9am -1.30pm - practice
2pm - 4pm - short course and Electric open races
4pm - 5pm - nitro monster truck races.

Sunday, 22nd
9am - 12pm - Nitro buggy qualifying & races

12pm - 2pm - Nitro Truggy qualifying & races

3pm - close and prize distribution
Old 2nd June 2012, 01:00   #836
BHPian

Here's my Traxxas Slash 2wd.
Was Planning on selling it since i do not get much time to play with it.
But now i do occasionally use it on sundays.
Its an amazing Rc car and really fast.Its completely stock.
The Battery life is also really good.One charge of 8hrs or so gives me almost an hour of playtime.
The roof mounted lights are some cheap led torches.stuck on with tape.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-pc240078.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-pc240079.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-pc240090.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-p3280019.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-pc240074.jpg  

Old 25th August 2012, 22:33   #837
Senior - BHPian

We represented India at the first international entry from the country for the RC car racing sport. It was an amazing experience and lots of learning and networking. It was also an opportunity to benchmark our skills against global standards. We intend to attend all Asian level events in the future and hopefully the Worlds soon.

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-185495_10152036659495387_523125391_n.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-246889_10151154896595027_1770257759_n.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-524421_10152036662025387_1061065538_n.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-527092_10151154896790027_52012231_n.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-539042_10152036656895387_121242350_n.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-femca.jpg  

Old 7th January 2013, 18:33   #838
BHPian

Quote:
I am interested in the Tamiya Scania tractor trailer, specifically the Scania R620 6x4 since it has very good features and finish.

I plan to add a tipper trailer to the tractor once I am able source and afford one since I feel a tipper can be used for RC get togethers and activities compared to a flat bed or a container.

This was the reason I was interested in the Wedico CAT HEMM RCs but they cost the sky and a bit more.

Do you know anyone who has a Wedico or a Tamiya semi in India?

Figured out the Tamiya dealer in India. Their site quotes INR 69000.00 for the Scania R620 tractor while the Tamiya USA site says it is USD 460.00.
Talk about fleecing people.
Hey,

Just wanted to add that in India you can get a Tamiya 1/14 scale tractor trucks for around 25000 rs if you're ok with assembling it yourself.
http://hobbyproducts.adventurewheels...ssembly%20Kits (link)
And in Tamiya USA the price I saw was around $600. The website for adventureweheels (Indian site) isn't always updated. So its best to give Neeraj a call. He'll tell you about availability and costs.
Old 8th January 2013, 13:15   #839
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartyasg View Post
Hey,

Just wanted to add that in India you can get a Tamiya 1/14 scale tractor trucks for around 25000 rs if you're ok with assembling it yourself.
Thank you for the info Amartya. Interested, yes but playing with it all alone sounds boring.

I wish there was a group of people at B'lore who could come together on weekends for such fun activities.
Old 8th January 2013, 15:10   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the info Amartya. Interested, yes but playing with it all alone sounds boring.

I wish there was a group of people at B'lore who could come together on weekends for such fun activities.
Very True! There is some off-road activity in Bangalore, but very little on-road activity. I have a TT-01, and I know two more guys who live nearby who also have the TT-01, so we get together occasionally. Apart from that, there isn't much to do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks