Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2013, 15:15   #871
BHPian

Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

I am from Pune. I go crawling on the ARAI hill alone for now. Would be great to have some company or competition.
Old 8th April 2013, 13:59   #872
Senior - BHPian

Not much of a crawler scene in India. I know few who meet up and play around. Not many. They can get really high end with diff locks etc. Tamiya sells nice crawlers and scale cars in India. Traxxas has the Summit which is a mt/ crawler.

In India the organized Rc scene is in 1/8 Buggy/Truggy and to some extend SC trucks. Nitro MT racing is dying like in most markets. 1/5 scale racing is dead.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 8th April 2013 at 14:01.
Old 14th June 2013, 17:51   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
1/5 scale racing is dead.
I may have to eat my words. A new 5th scale track is planned in HYD beside the only operational RC track in India. Those who are holding the Baja, time to clean them up in few months.

Currently we are in a bad state, no racing events. We are pushing for an organized Racing series. Hope to launch it soon.

So international races are the way to go. 2 members from Chennai took part in the Bitty Design race in Thailand http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-updates.html

We have one team going to the MNL series in Malaysia next week.
Old 14th June 2013, 20:34   #874
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if its appropriate to post it here but there's a person willing to give his land for an RC track. Only problem is that the land is about 70 km away from Bangalore. Will it be feasible to have an RC track there ?
Old 1st July 2013, 12:43   #875
Senior - BHPian

I am updating this thread with news and updates on the latest Indian RC Events. We have also launched a new racing series starting August. If you like RC racing, this is the place to be.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3165379
Old 11th August 2013, 11:39   #876
Senior - BHPian

Here is some big news out of the Traxxas camp- their new Telluride 4×4 extreme terrain trail rig. It looks like Traxxas is making a go at the trail driving market with this one.

The Telluride is a 4wd RTR that uses the popular Traxxas Slash/Pede/Rally 4×4 platform and comes ready to tackle all your local trails. Power is supplied by a brushed 12 Turn 550 Titan, XL-5 speed controller, and 7 cell Ni-MH pack. The Telluride is waterproof and comes completely ready to run out of the box.

* Comes with TQ 2.4GHz radio system and #6519 3-channel receiver
* Durable fiber-composite construction
* High-stall gear clutch
* Pre-glued Kumho replica 3.0″ tires with foam inserts
* Satin chrome black beadlock-style wheels
* Different colors to chose from
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-67044telluride3qtrgreen.jpg  

Old 24th August 2013, 20:29   #877
BHPian

Guys, need some advise here. I've recently developed an intense itch to acquire a hobby grade RC car. Dont know anything about them but really want to get one.

Which is the one car you would absolutely recommend for a beginner? I am not going to hit the racetrack, would be used mostly for bashing in the backyard or the park.

I want to get a reliable and durable model and really dont want to spend a fortune as I dont know whether I would pursue this hobby nay further or not.

I am right now in the US if that helps, please share your views. Thanks.
Old 24th August 2013, 21:12   #878
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking at something very basic, get some of the Traxxas models in electric. Nitro you need more time and effort.

If you are in a big city in the US, you can hit the local Hobbytown or small shops. If you don't want to spend that level, tons of cheapies out there. But if you break, spares availability is an issue.

Also understand that by just bashing and go up and down you will lose interest soon and the car will be on a shelf pretty soon. What will sustain your interest is Racing. It's coming up in India in a big way and you may want to consider that.

For more info you can PM with questions.
Old 24th August 2013, 22:56   #879
BHPian

Quote:
If you are looking at something very basic, get some of the Traxxas models in electric. Nitro you need more time and effort.

If you are in a big city in the US, you can hit the local Hobbytown or small shops. If you don't want to spend that level, tons of cheapies out there. But if you break, spares availability is an issue.

Also understand that by just bashing and go up and down you will lose interest soon and the car will be on a shelf pretty soon. What will sustain your interest is Racing. It's coming up in India in a big way and you may want to consider that.

For more info you can PM with questions.
Thanks for a quick revert. Which particular traxxas model would you recommend? I saw mostly the slash 2wd is suggested for newbies. Is it good enough? Is there any other reliable and durable brand which can be had for less?
Old 26th August 2013, 20:45   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Thanks for a quick revert. Which particular traxxas model would you recommend? I saw mostly the slash 2wd is suggested for newbies. Is it good enough? Is there any other reliable and durable brand which can be had for less?
If its just for up and down driving, 2WD is more than sufficient. If you have any intention or will in the future to race, get the 4WD. Big difference between the 2.

Others options in Short Course, you have Associated, Losi, HPI and almost all brands have one.
Old 28th August 2013, 08:22   #881
BHPian

Quote:
If its just for up and down driving, 2WD is more than sufficient. If you have any intention or will in the future to race, get the 4WD. Big difference between the 2.

Others options in Short Course, you have Associated, Losi, HPI and almost all brands have one.
Okay so I thought of getting a used one so that I can get a better equipment for lesser price. I really want to get one this week!

I have shortlisted the following options -

$180 - Traxxas Stampede VXL 2WD Brushless
Extras:
Integy alluminium kit
Big bore shocks
Talon tires n foam
Billet aluminum hub

$200 Traxxas E-maxx Brushed
Extras:
2 Bodys
2 Extra battery
Prophet plus charger
Some new extra parts
Few hand tools
Old 18th September 2013, 20:30   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Any advise to finalize the decision guys?
I finally went ahead and ordered this new - http://www.ecxrc.com/Products/Defaul...rodID=ECX03006
Old 14th October 2013, 12:38   #883
BHPian

Hi all,
I'm a novice meaning to buy an RC vehicle forever. From the posts above, I deciphered it had to be an electric. Looked up on Traxxis Telluride. Looks pretty good. Although, the pros from various other seem to have negative opinions. The plastic body is one thing while the price is another. But most of them basically upgrade and I'm not really sure if I'd do that just as yet. Telluride is something I can start using straight out of the box. Costs 297$ and the budget is completely exteneded. I'll be using it in my farm occasionally. So something like a trail rider. I'm definitely interested in a 4x4! I'd be glad to choose from alternatives. Options to buy from from India would be appreciated though I do have someone coming from the US at the end of this month. I know this is not one of the most active threads.So I request any one experienced to help me buy a bang for buck product.Thanks

@cyclops, please do share your experience. Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 12:46   #884
Senior - BHPian

India has a local Traxxas distributor. Google or FB Traxxas India or dogbone racing. If you have a way to get it from US, please do. Because I am not sure if about this particular model's availability and the local price will not be closer to the $297 you have mentioned.

I assume this is for just casual bashing recreational use. If you like to race, feel free to contact me. I can help.

We have a serious budding racing scene in India. Refer the rc race thread in Indian motorsports section.
Old 28th October 2013, 21:46   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbi555 View Post
Hi all,
I'm a novice meaning to buy an RC vehicle forever. From the posts above, I deciphered it had to be an electric. Looked up on Traxxis Telluride. Looks pretty good. Although, the pros from various other seem to have negative opinions. The plastic body is one thing while the price is another. But most of them basically upgrade and I'm not really sure if I'd do that just as yet. Telluride is something I can start using straight out of the box. Costs 297$ and the budget is completely exteneded. I'll be using it in my farm occasionally. So something like a trail rider. I'm definitely interested in a 4x4! I'd be glad to choose from alternatives. Options to buy from from India would be appreciated though I do have someone coming from the US at the end of this month. I know this is not one of the most active threads.So I request any one experienced to help me buy a bang for buck product.Thanks

@cyclops, please do share your experience. Thanks
My experience with the ECX Torment has been great so far. I bought i purely for bashing and so far it has held pretty well with the abuse - did not break anything so far. I am not sure if posting another forum link is allowed here but you can search threads on ultimaterc and rctech for getting the details. You can checout videos on youtube by thejang, he does very good unbiased reviews.

Be careful man, this is a pretty addictive and expensive hobby!

Most Viewed