Team-BHP - Zomato, Swiggy & others: Do they pay GST?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Zomato, Swiggy & others: Do they pay GST? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/200433-zomato-swiggy-others-do-they-pay-gst-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4436536)
I think the problem you are facing is restaurant specific. In Mumbai, many small restaurants don't give me a proper bill unless I insist on the same.

I don't think Zomato, Swiggy etc. are at fault (although they can certainly force the restaurants to provide a bill). Here's my Zomato invoice. See how it clearly mentions "issued on behalf of...." with the proper GST amount. Whenever I order food, I receive a proper paper bill in the bag every time:

Scootsy hasn't specifically mentioned the taxes like Zomato, but it has included them in the final amount. And yes, I did receive a bill from Copper Chimney in the food bag:

Looks like the scene is little different here in Pune; everytime I have spoken directly with the Restaurant fellows, they say that the bill is meant for Zomato and has to be submitted to Zomato, so they can't send it to the consumer. (Wierd)

Also I have never received a bill from Zomato on email, it is only an order summary.

Off topic, but I always wondered as to how these delivery companies run their vehicles (motorcycles and scooters) without a yellow number plate? Aren't delivery vehicles considered to be 'Commercial Carriers'?

Subway under scanner for "profiteering". Apparently they didn't reduce the prices in line with reduction of GST. Wonder why it took them almost 3 years to take cognizance of the matter?

Quote:

Dozens of anti-profiteering investigations have been launched into fast food brand Subway franchisees, especially in Maharashtra, by the National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) under the GST regime.

While businesses have the option of challenging the NAA orders, the high courts have been asking businesses in such cases to deposit a substantial portion of the amount found to be profiteered in NAA’s orders into the Consumer Welfare Fund (CWF).

The probe into restaurants have revolved around issues of not passing the benefit of GST rate cut in November 2017, when it was brought down to 5% from 18% but without any input tax credit
SOURCE

:OT
I placed an order using Swiggy in Bangalore today. The Delivery Executive came on time. However he wanted me to show him the Swiggy App and said the payment has not gone thru.

I felt something is fishy and refused that - I looked at the app and it was showing everything to be normal. Then he said that he would cancel the order and I need to pay him directly as the payment did not occur. I told him that I would chat/call with Swiggy via App and only do so if they ask me to.

He called someone on phone and said I need to speak to him which I refused. Then he said he is from Shadowfax and I could do the payment only after I have got the refund message from Swiggy. I refused saying the App is not showing anything wrong with the order and he went away without delivering the food!

Raised an issue with Swiggy and they placed a replacement order.

I am not very sure what this guy was up to but my interpretation so far:
The Delivery Guy was from Shadowfax and wanted to bypass the commission to be paid to Swiggy. So if I showed him the App - he would pick up some detail which will enable him to cancel the order. Then I pay the money to him and Swiggy is completely bypassed. I am guessing maybe the restaurant also is hand in glove in this game.

Anyone else faced a similar scenario recently? Is my interpretation correct or do you people suspect something else?