Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2021, 00:43   #61
BHPian

Re: The best business magazines & publications

Startup-focused digital publication YourStory has launched a long-form subscription-based editorial platform called "The Cap Table". As the name suggests its main focus areas are entrepreneurship (basically mainstream funded startups), technology, and related policies.

I have been reading them since they released their beta, their writings are nothing to write home more in line with The Morning Context quality-wise.

Honestly, I am bored reading VC-Startup investment malfunctions, startups spoon-feeding justification for cash burn, etc. Why can't there be something like "The Atlantic" for bootstrapped / indie entrepreneurs who have built big businesses from scratch? I am sure there will be enough market for those
Aaroah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 17:36   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
Startup-focused digital publication YourStory has launched a long-form subscription-based editorial platform called "The Cap Table".
Hope you are aware that a majority of the stuff on YourStory is paid content / advertorials (detailed article).

Quote:
I am sure there will be enough market for those
Sadly, I have come to realise that high-quality journalism on business - especially satisfying long form articles - doesn't exist in India. Except for a few flash-in-the-pan writeups from the-ken and some business mags (but again, really rare), 99% of the stuff they churn out is utter JUNK.

I satisfy my business article cravings on Bloomberg, Fortune (USA), Forbes (USA), NYTimes etc.

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2021 at 17:37.
Old 20th April 2021, 18:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hope you are aware that a majority of the stuff on YourStory is paid content / advertorials (detailed article).
Yup! I am well aware, other publications have followed suit. Inc42 does this publicly, they even have PR packages known as Startup Booster with discount and all similar to what you would get at a 3M detailing franchise.

Quote:
Sadly, I have come to realise that high-quality journalism on business - especially satisfying long form articles - doesn't exist in India.
In addition to Businessweek, NY-Times, and all I have started consuming a L-O-T of Substack newsletters. Substack has opened a new distribution for subject-matter experts who weren't able to write earlier and monetize their audience.
Some of my favorite ones include TigerFeathers (Fintech), Bank on Basak (Indian BFSI), Not Boring (US-Tech).

Another good read in the EV Space is by Sachin Seth (Finance Guy at Tesla)
Aaroah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 12:46   #64
BHPian

For those interested, Money Control Pro is available today for Rs.365 for a year.

Link
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 10:22   #65

I chanced on this website when someone mentioned it on a podcast recently https://fiftytwo.in/ which has some very interesting articles .Well written and I was impressed .
meconi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 18:27   #66
BHPian

Why don't newspapers/mags enable pay-per-article? I would be willing to pay a 50-100 bucks for an article rather than taking annual subscriptions for individual newspapers. It shouldn't be technically too difficult, I suppos? Or Google can take the lead, aggregate the content, introduce a wallet, and pass on the micro-payments to the newspapers/mags.
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 13:04   #67
BHPian

My Livemint+WSJ subscription was up for renewal and I chanced upon a fantastic deal that I thought I'd share here. If you log in to your Livemint account after the current subscription has lapsed, it should offer you a 45% discount on renewal. You can double-dip and take another 15% to 20% with the following partner offers:

* HDFC - HDFCFLAT20 (20%)
* Axis Bank - AXISMINT15 (15%)
* IDFC First Bank - LMIDFCFLAT15 (15%)
* CRED - Rs 500 cashback (no promo code required)

This is a truly amazing offer and I was able to get a two year subscription for Rs 3,519!
Anjadekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 14:37   #68
AZT
BHPian

Certain visa signature cards have an offer for LiveMint and HT subscriptions.

https://cardinsider.com/blog/visa-si...ription-offer/
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 18:09   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Certain visa signature cards have an offer for LiveMint and HT subscriptions.

https://cardinsider.com/blog/visa-si...ription-offer/
Yes, but I think this offer is valid for the regular Livemint subscription and not the Livemint+WSJ bundle.

Given the massive discount on the bundle and the fact that you can lock into it for two years, use your existing credentials and not have to create another account probably gives the bundle the edge.

Last edited by Anjadekar : 1st September 2022 at 18:10. Reason: Fixed a typo
Anjadekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 18:22   #70
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjadekar View Post
Yes, but I think this offer is valid for the regular Livemint subscription and not the Livemint+WSJ bundle.

Given the massive discount on the bundle and the fact that you can lock into it for two years, use your existing credentials and not have to create another account probably gives the bundle the edge.
The bundle does sound great but the visa signature offer is absolutely free.
I personally have a WSJ subscription through my company so this is a great add on.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks