Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:15   #46
Senior - BHPian

Really very sad. The influence of alcohol can be deemed responsible.
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:19   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Really very sad. The influence of alcohol can be deemed responsible.
Whats alcohol got to do with this.
I have never seen drunk men molest their mothers or sisters.
Alcohol is just an excuse. This only has to do with the upbringing and family background
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:34   #48
BHPian

I agree. Alcohol has nothing to do with this. We are becoming a babaric society overrun by mobs. People know that a mob can get away with anything and they take the chance for cheap thrills.

Wonder why common, seemingly ordinary folk are so quick to form a mob, whenever something wrong is being done - whether it is burning a bus, lynching a suspected thief or molesting a girl.

Never see the same 'herd' response to any positive action being done.
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:38   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
People know that a mob can get away with anything and they take the chance for cheap thrills.
Very true. Did anything come about regarding the 'Gateway Of India' incident which happened last year? NO. That explains it all.
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

Sad to know that such an incident took place again.

Was watching the news and there has been a similar incident reported in Fort Kochi also. The difference is that the lads have been nabbed by the cops in Kochi.

I pray that these boys are molested really well in the station. Such a disgusting act.
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Disgusting behavior.. These guys should be put in a bull ring with red underwear worn over their trousers.
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:07   #52
BHPian

These guys should be used as Dummies in High speed crash test, until their death.....
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:13   #53
BHPian

I am not able to open the file in office. The site is blocked. Can someone copy paste this on a post please??
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:19   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Whats alcohol got to do with this.
I have never seen drunk men molest their mothers or sisters.
Alcohol is just an excuse. This only has to do with the upbringing and family background
Very good point.
If alcohol was the culprit, we would be having 1000s of molestations/rape issues on a daily basis.

Its the crowd mentality, when in a crowd, anything goes kind of attitude.

The best punishment for these guys should be taken from the books of Saudi Arabia (and many more Islamic nations).

Catch them & Castrate them.

They should be given a chance to live & regret every moment of it. This will definitely set a very good example for any future would-be molesters/rapists.

Cheers
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:44   #55
Team-BHP Support

Umm... Saudi. Well, that sounds like a very good example to emulate on the face of it. We all like instance justice don't we? However look a little deeper. Saudi also has laws which you won't care much about. Leave everything aside, but in Saudi women can not talk to men other than their direct relations. They can not go out alone (without chaperones i.e.), they can not drive. Heck they even can not pray in the same mosques as the men do. Do you want that kind of a society?

And no. You can not cherry pick things. Just as they will castrate anyone who is proven to have raped a woman it is also true that proving that is a herculean task. There needs to be another eye witness to corroborate the incidence. Otherwise the woman is punished for being a vixen and a liar. And the punishment will chill you to the bones. Even if the rape is proven many a times they will lash the woman for being easy or even for not being careful enough.

The thing is that there are no easy pickings anywhere in this world. One has to be careful beyond everything else. It is always better to be self-reliant rather than dependant on external agents. If you are not entirely sure better eschew that path. Do not tempt faith. Its better to be a little cautious and wise rather than a brave and a fool.
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:45   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
Very good point.
If alcohol was the culprit, we would be having 1000s of molestations/rape issues on a daily basis.

Its the crowd mentality, when in a crowd, anything goes kind of attitude.

The best punishment for these guys should be taken from the books of Saudi Arabia (and many more Islamic nations).

Catch them & Castrate them.

They should be given a chance to live & regret every moment of it. This will definitely set a very good example for any future would-be molesters/rapists.

Cheers
I second that. Alcohol is just an excuse. They should be punished in the cruelest possible way without letting them die.
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Punishment ? Let the police round them up and then let a crowd loose on their mothers and sisters. Then we see - whether they jump in with the crowd or against the crowd .
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:30   #58
BHPian

Disgusting. The first and only thought that came to my mind!

This shows how unsafe our mothers, sisters and wives are in this country. What else can we expect if our bl**dy politicians are only indulging in vote bank politics and a majority of the police force are involved in protecting these nincompoops. My head is down in shame and disgust.
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:41   #59
Senior - BHPian

Disgusting...that's what comes to my mind. Its not safe for ay woman to come in sucha crowded place with so many drunkyards around. Its not safe not only in India but also in other countries.
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:53   #60
Senior - BHPian

This is very disgusting and shameful. I just pray the culprits get the punishment they deserve.

Most Viewed