Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2007, 00:50   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Shameful Incidents in Mumbai on New Year's eve - Gateway of India NOW JW Marriott

Holy S**t:Pervert Mumbai - FunEnclave - Non-Stop Entertainment and Fun

Pathetic. Disgusting. And whatever words I can think of will get me banned and they still wont be enough to describe this incident.
Old 5th January 2007, 01:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Very sad incident but what on earth were the women doing there at that time ? it's not safe and what were the cops doing ? did not try to catch even one ? Maybe even the cops were just passive watching ??
Old 5th January 2007, 01:11   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316
Very sad incident but what on earth were the women doing there at that time
What do u mean??? Where does it say that women can not come out and celebrate the new year? Its the duty of the cops to make sure that each and every one of us feels safe when we step out of our houses.
Old 5th January 2007, 01:16   #4
BHPian

A very sad incident, I think COPS are entirely to blame, of course it shows we live amongst quite a few animals.
Old 5th January 2007, 01:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

A terrible thing to have happened .. IF it happened ..

please don't flame me .. but these pictures seem to be heavily photoshopped.

If you see the first picture carefully, the way the other people are fitting into the arms of the striped guy is very unnatural. Also, their expression is kind of angry, worried and distracted - not something one would expect in this scenario.

Also, in the second picture, the clever use of shadowing to the right-side of the girl. Plus. the way people are facing in irrelevant directions. You may also notice the blurring effect used to merge the crowd at a couple of places.

I may be totally off the mark, but could the editing experts please comment.

Last edited by manveet : 5th January 2007 at 01:23.
Old 5th January 2007, 01:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

disgusting ,we cant even imagine what that poor couple had to go through.Those 10 mins must have felt like 10 yrs and the @#$^* cops did nothing to stop all this (feeling like using 100 such smilies) ,and am sure even if they did later they would have propably blamed the girl.

Quote:
but these pictures seem to be heavily photoshopped.
how can you say that yaar the pics seem genuine to me and why would they do such a thing on there own ,imo the incident happened for real.!

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 5th January 2007 at 01:42.
Old 5th January 2007, 02:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
how can you say that yaar the pics seem genuine to me
They don't to me and i've explained why in some detail.

[/quote] and why would they do such a thing on there own[/quote]

Depends on who you mean by "they". I mean the media/blogger who has published this.

The couple's face has been edited out - they could be a random guy and girl picked from an arbit picture. The crowd could be picked from a railway station or mob/riot picture.
Old 5th January 2007, 02:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Depends on who you mean by "they". I mean the media/blogger who has published this.

The couple's face has been edited out - they could be a random guy and girl picked from an arbit picture. The crowd could be picked from a railway station or mob/riot picture.
Had seen some pictures of this on the news channels & they weren't blurred out. From what I could make out from them these are genuine pictures of a genuine incident. Atleast it seems so in the pictures I had seen.

A truly shameful incident, I hope the guilty are handed the strictest sentence possible.
Old 5th January 2007, 02:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Had seen some pictures of this on the news channels & they weren't blurred out. From what I could make out from them these are genuine pictures of a genuine incident. Atleast it seems so in the pictures I had seen.
If it was there on a New's channel, then must be true - it's very shameful indeed.

What's wrong with the cops nowadays, there is absolutely no fear of the law anymore !!
Old 5th January 2007, 06:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

This sad incident only goes on to say that women in our country still do not have safety despite the talks of equality between men and women going on. People who behave cheaply in public should be shot dead. And, as ever, the apathy of the police is definitely not surprising. The only way to sort out such issues is to make LAW powerful in India. Will this be another mid-summer night's dream ?
Old 5th January 2007, 07:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
Holy S**t:Pervert Mumbai - FunEnclave - Non-Stop Entertainment and Fun

Pathetic. Disgusting. And whatever words I can think of will get me banned and they still wont be enough to describe this incident.
well I was not banned but my thread was deleted after few responses.
Old 5th January 2007, 08:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai has a huge population of floating immigrants, who can come in and live incognito in some JJ cluster. They can come in right from the boondocks to bangladesh. So they have no social mooring to the place where they come to stay in.

And when there are no costs attached to *entering* a place. It is bound to be misused esp by those feel themselves to be deprived. On this occassion the have-not's tried to get their jollies by ganging up on a few they perceived were 'haves' !

I saw on t.v. that even a Australian couple Shawn and Maya met the same treatment at the hands of the crowds. The lady said that someone felt-up her backside and few tried to molest her. They too had gone to the Gateway of India to see the 'locals welcoming the New Year' !
Old 5th January 2007, 08:54   #13
BHPian

well... as much pathetic the incident was, i think the couple lost their senses for going to such a place where men were boozing and in large numbers... Am not saying they shdnt have gone but knowing what indian men can do, i guess the couple were dumb enough to be there in the 1st place. The precise reason why Me and My Wife never go out for partying @ New Year eve.

I wish someone could cut off their b***s, of all those ppl be it 50 or 100...
Old 5th January 2007, 10:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic....Every person involved should be slogged in public for this act..

Godfather
Old 5th January 2007, 11:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

What stupidity. why would anyone want to go to such a place where there are no women in sight with his gf/wife/sister/whoever ?

Anyway, it is pathetic. after all the India shining & India glorious getting into our heads & making us feel high, this kind of a thing brings us right back to earth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks