Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2018, 11:43   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: #MeToo - Women's Safety in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

The argument that is often made is that if such a person can exhibit poor judgement in such a situation (e.g. failing to disclose a relationship with an employee at its tamest, harassment/assault at the worst), that poor decision making can easily spill over into the professional side as well (e.g. fail to disclose an issue that can hurt the company financially or by image, such as a defective product that can cause injury/death).
A flimsy argument, at best.

Take the cases of so many failed organizations. Lehman, Arthur Anderson, Satyam, Enron, Nokia and countless others which haven't been reported as widely.

None of their senior management were accused of personal misconduct, let alone sexual harassment.

Even Mr Phaneesh Murthy, the Infosys veteran who was relieved of his Infosys job and later booted out from his own company, was professionally excellent.

So I don't believe if the CxO of a company is having a relationship with another employee, his or her decision making can be automatically doubted.
Old 14th November 2018, 12:05   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
So I don't believe if the CxO of a company is having a relationship with another employee, his or her decision making can be automatically doubted.
It is not about their professional ability, but their moral zeitgeist. JFK was a famous womanizer, but the prevailing zeitgeist allowed him to do that. But things had changed by the time of Bill Clinton.

If the CEO was caught doing something out of sync with the current zeitgeist, he/she will lose the moral authority to command people. That is the root of it.

Why is Trump considered a joke despite his very powerful position? He lost his moral authority long ago. A company board would have fired him long ago.
Old 15th November 2018, 12:17   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors sacks corp communication chief over #MeToo allegation

Quote:
Allegations against Suresh Rangarajan, the corporate communications chief at Tata Motors, had surfaced on Twitter in mid-October that resulted in the company holding an internal inquiry.

Link
Old 15th November 2018, 12:54   #109
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Meanwhile, #MeToo touches the auto industry - link to article. Now, my point is, show the text messages as well and I'll believe it. Until then, I'm not taking sides. But Suresh Rangarajan @ Tata Motors has already been publicly hanged.
Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

#MeToo - Women's Safety in India-email.jpg
Old 3rd December 2018, 00:24   #110
Team-BHP Support

One more famous person is now accused...
Old 3rd December 2018, 02:18   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
One more famous person is now accused...
Notice how instead of launching a tirade against all the accusers, he has presented his side of the story, and even admitted that his behavior may have come across as creepy.
Old 3rd December 2018, 11:59   #112
Team-BHP Support

Just got to know of this thread. I wonder if any of you have heard of the Armaan Premjee case where a USC student was expelled from USC despite video evidence and a California court judgement to the contrary? You can google the details but here are some initial videos.

What surprised me is that USC saw fit to expell Mr. Premjee but NOT the female instigator/aggressor (also a USC student).

In fact the no one even knew the name of the female in this case until Armaan used her first name (Arshia) in an interview, after 3 months.

Last edited by navin : 3rd December 2018 at 16:05.
Old 3rd December 2018, 15:45   #113
Team-BHP Support

Premjee's story is not the only one...

Another similar but older case (but without any supporting video evidence he was sentenced)
Old 7th December 2018, 11:08   #114
Team-BHP Support

Another perspective

and given we now are migrating towards a "hyper-politically correct" and "uber-sensitive" world.
Old 20th December 2018, 18:01   #115
BHPian

A VP commits suicide after MeToo allegations:

https://maharashtratimes.indiatimes....w/67175944.cms

The suicide note (in English) is available in the news article.

He says even if he comes clean, people would always look at him with suspicion.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th December 2018 at 18:57. Reason: Web browser spacing fixed.
Old 20th December 2018, 18:18   #116
Team-BHP Support

Something similar in Noida as well

https://www.ndtv.com/noida-news/sect...home-topscroll
Old 21st December 2018, 10:28   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
A VP commits suicide after MeToo allegations:

https://maharashtratimes.indiatimes....w/67175944.cms

The suicide note (in English) is available in the news article.

He says even if he comes clean, people would always look at him with suspicion.
Quite a sad state of affairs. That you can ruin somebody's life with one statement is not something that can be taken lightly. Now if I want to discredit some guy, all I have to do is pay a handsome sum to some women looking to make a quick buck to make a false allegation.

And since this situation is not going to change in the near future, all men can do is exercise caution on the kind of people they associate with. Just stay away from them.
Old 21st December 2018, 11:05   #118
BHPian

Only way to stop/prevent such cases would be give the same strong punishment (and public shaming) to those indulging in false accusations and everyone colluding. That doesn't seem to be happening at the moment, the false accusers are being just left alone with no consequences for their actions (the USC example above). It just spurs them on into seeking self-aggrandizement by indulging such misconduct.
Old 22nd December 2018, 05:50   #119
BHPian

Can we have a thread on men's safety and legal rights as well ?

With due respect to all, women have taken undue advantage of being a women through the Indian legal system in my view.

Anything a women does is okay but when a men does it it's a crime kind of a situation men in India face right now, is it fair ?
Old 22nd December 2018, 06:59   #120
BHPian

I share similar views. I feel the feminazi are taking undue advantage of the flexibility given to them. A feminist page on Instagram once posted something on the lines of "The average white male gets paid 4 times more than the average Hispanic female". I found this comparison absolutely stupendous so questioned the admin about the basis on which the study was conducted. As expected, the answer was "I do not know the exact comparison but it is obviously not baseless". If this is where feminism is headed I am definitely not for it. I agree that there are a small percentage of feminists who fight for equality, but a lot of them are just concerned with putting the male sex down.
You guys should watch videos of Milo Yiannopoulos on YouTube. It perfectly demonstrates the illogical arguments of certain feminists and how Milo proves them wrong with actual facts. If these feminists work toward solving ACTUAL issues that the female sex is currently facing, the 'equality' among sexes can be achieved more efficiently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks