View Poll Results: My experience on Flipkart has been
Good 162 29.83%
Neutral 194 35.73%
Bad 187 34.44%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2018, 19:59   #166
BHPian

Good to hear that your torture is over Pramod. Sad that it had to be this way.
I'll keep buying occasional toys and clothes from Flipkart, it seems to have a better collection and good deals; but no high ticket items anymore.
I used to be a Snapdeal buyer back in 2014 and bought almost everything there. Then, I bought a Karcher vacuum cleaner which came with a broken part. Snapdeal never fixed it and I just switched to Amazon and briefly to Flipkart.
Amazon is the place to shop for pretty much everything including Groceries. Super Value days shopping is 15-20% cheaper than D Mart with ICICI cards.
Old 26th October 2018, 20:22   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I have decided to opt for the second option, since on ethics I am not going to do any business with them.
Happy to see you managed to reach to an agreeable conclusion. It is better to take your money and walk away in this situation, so you made the right choice.

With a big organization, a complex system and with a huge customer base, sometimes it may really be difficult for them to identify the exact issue within a short while. So a vote of thanks to the FK team too to have finally addressed your complaint in the best possible manner under the circumstances. Better late than never, as they say.
Old 26th October 2018, 21:08   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some one from Rajasthan was defrauding Flipkart using my email ID, till 2015.
When the history of email id portability is written in the future, you are sure to figure there as the very first beneficiary of the innovative scheme. For, how else can you be using an id that was someone else's three years ago? Either you have been a victim of online fraud (that you anyway are - in the current case ) or the head honchos at Fl(i/o)pkart are lying through their teeth.

You have done the right thing by opting for choice 2. Just make sure that the amount is credited back to your own and not that pre-2015 impersonator's account.
Old 26th October 2018, 22:09   #169
Team-BHP Support

I would still not count the chickens before they are hatched. Wait for the 4k, and then celebrate and thank FK and your lucky stars.
Old 26th October 2018, 22:13   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some one from Rajasthan was defrauding Flipkart using my email ID, till 2015.
Odd. How? Did you create this email ID after 2015 (indicating the email provider deactivated it)? Or, were you ever forced to reset your password on that email ID around that time (if you were in control of this email ID)?

In any case, good Flipkart have reached out to you (finally!). Also good of them to have offered both options. It's a shame it took this long, and caused this much grief to you.
Old 27th October 2018, 08:52   #171
Senior - BHPian

What nonsense is this? They take so much time when resoving this simple issue, talk some garbage about some other user having the same email id, then how did it let you create an account using the same email id in the first place?

Make in India they say. These homegrown Indian companies should learn a thing or two from their western counterparts, before even dreaming to make it big and conning millions of customers. Big billion day indeed. FK has dissappointed me with this episode big time.

I will go with Amazon from now on, desi home grown brands can take their business elsewhere thank you.
Old 27th October 2018, 12:47   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

They are clearly lying! If someone can use your email to shop on their portal, it raises even more questions. Good on your part that you decided to take the money and walk out. Most sensible thing to do. I was in the market for a TV, but given this thread and my earlier experience with online deals, I bought one offline and even got it at a marginally lower price.
Old 27th October 2018, 17:24   #173
BHPian

Recently placed an order for Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 star split AC through Flipkart during the Big Billion sale. I have never bought such things online before and the price was too good so decided to give it a try.

The AC was delivered on 25th of this month neatly packed and as per Flipkart was supposed to get a call from the installation team within 2 days. And also I am not supposed to open the package till the installation person arrives.

Today i received a message saying my AC has been successfully installed and that the installation has been completed. As soon as i received this message, i made a call to Flipkarts customer service who took down my complaint.

Since i have been following this thread closely, I was more concerned about the return policy of 10 days as the same is counted from the day your product is installed.

Within no time the local Voltas service centre contacts me and confirms installation on Monday, 29th October at 11:00 am.

Now just have to wait and see what happens next.
Old 27th October 2018, 19:15   #174
BHPian

So the packet my mom returned initially as seemed to be leaking was again delivered by flipkart slyly rather than replacing it. All they did was made a small hole and must have collected the leaking wax and then returned it rather than replacing. Thankfully i made a unboxing video. Was really looking forward to waxing my car but its been nearly 3 weeks now and no product in sight.
Old 27th October 2018, 21:24   #175
Senior - BHPian

The email ID was created in 2005, I had an invite back then I ruined pramodkumar@gmail by forgetting the password so had to add a number

BTW one guy from Flipkart called me today and informed me that my account is unlocked and I can use the gift cards, it’s certainly strange that even after the resolution provided they are still clueless, or are they trying to persuade me towards using the gift cards?

I used this opportunity to log into my account and take screenshots, these are the items added to my account. I have never ever seen these before, I have ventured into the my orders section multiple times. They just unlocked my account and I took screenshots to share with you folks.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-1ba81d2aee114b62ab1229a8e61ff2f6.png

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-0bed9d838a9540d5821755cb75c44209.png

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-4eaaee63df6b41b89c96232d2c1c8532.png

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-be749b5723e143f3b6f70fabab5110c5.png

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-08bb8c81d51941adb9d2ee569a28aed5.png

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-07573847e1a1409c893b79f57576ec88.png

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-b68d154de20f488e97419d898bfb9c8f.png

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-5cae4c02c5704bb7a363aaed359784fa.png

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-8d6d5fff9f35440d8ba3bc3de7b7387b.png

DSLR camera onwards it’s mine.

Pramod
Old 27th October 2018, 22:54   #176
Senior - BHPian

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
The email ID was created in 2005, I had an invite back then I ruined pramodkumar@gmail by forgetting the password so had to add a number

Assume your Flipkart account was created using your gmail ID with the number, not the original gmail ID from 2005. Is that right?
Is Flipkart saying that your Flipkart account is also linked to the other gmail ID? Wonder how that's possible.
Old 27th October 2018, 23:13   #177
BHPian

There is certainly something wrong with their algorithms. I had 23k worth of fraud transactions done on flipkart about two months ago. I immediately called the bank and canceled the card and then called flipkart who then said that my account was linked to 14 individuals. It made no sense at all, because I was and still am a genuine user with no duplicate accounts. They even gave names of the other users so the customer care person was not lying, he really thought that my account had 14 other linked users. I could not make him understand, and even his team lead parroted the same explanation.

Interesting was that the transactions were all canceled automatically.

Are they having account security issues?

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 27th October 2018 at 23:42.
Old 27th October 2018, 23:39   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Assume your Flipkart account was created using your gmail ID with the number, not the original gmail ID from 2005. Is that right?
Is Flipkart saying that your Flipkart account is also linked to the other gmail ID? Wonder how that's possible.
If I remember correctly they asked me my email and phone number, both had OTPs sent on(I think email had a link for confirmation)

There is something seriously wrong with Flipkart. Now when I think, I am worried that my credit card information is with them.

Pramod
Old 27th October 2018, 23:41   #179
BHPian

Quote:
If I remember correctly they asked me my email and phone number, both had OTPs sent on(I think email had a link for confirmation)

There is something seriously wrong with Flipkart. Now when I think, I am worried that my credit card information is with them.

Pramod
Yeah and that reminds me I have to delete the card info as well. Phonepe is their payment system and I am quite worried with their security issues.
Old 28th October 2018, 10:43   #180
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just received a call from the leadership team, There were platform and customer service heads on the call (I would like to take a moment to thank you guys here for making this happen). Here are few things they said.
Good to hear! Finally. This thread was on our homepage too. Either the thread or pgportal made a difference (both are powerful tools).

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Good to see you are having a satisfactory ending with them. Though the damage to their reputation via this thread has already been done.
And that's with a customer base that everyone is vying for. Car owners are in the top 1% of this country.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks